Digital Art Zone

Poser Crashing
Posted: 25 June 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7538
Joined  2006-03-19

Has anybody had the issue of Poser 2012 SR2 64-bit crashing while rendering. It isn’t giving any warning. It is just closing Poser.

My system is
Intel Core i7 Processor i7-3930K 3.2GHz 12MB SIX CORE
2 2TB HD
32 GB quad channel RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX570 2560MB

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 25 June 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2003-10-09

Are you by any chance using Zone Alarm firewall? If so, you should update to the latest 64-bit version.

The only times I’ve had problems with Poser on my system, which is very similar to yours, only less RAM, was with Zone Alarm and with the computers power settings. For some reason my computer thinks it’s doing nothing when it’s rendering, so it will go into hibernation unless I turn that option off.

Signature 

Software choice: Poser Pro 2012

Posted: 25 June 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-19

I’m using the regular windows firewall and my router firewall. I think it is something with my system cause it isn’t happening to my wife with is also running 2012 SR2 but has a smaller system. It only started doing it the last month. I not sure if the scene is just to big or what. The scene has a lot of plants in it so in turns has a lot of trans maps. It also has high specular and AO lights. I’m thinking it has to do with the scene. I have plenty of resources to handle it which is whats confusing me. I was thinking about re-installing SR2 in case its a corrupt file but have been putting it off.

Signature 

Posted: 25 June 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-19

I just checked and I have a video driver update. So I’ll try that and see if it helps.

Signature 

Posted: 25 June 2012 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2003-10-09

When I have problems rendering a scene, I usually try a test run with just one light, or I try to turn shadows off for all but one light. Because often it’s the lights that cause ultra slow rendering.
That’s the only thing I can think of at this point…

Signature 

Software choice: Poser Pro 2012

Posted: 25 June 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-19

Good idea. If the driver don’t work. I’ll try that. Like I said the scene is big and I’m using an AO light with increased levels of shading and AO, so its very possible. Depending on which light I’m using the scene takes 12-16hrs to render

Signature 

Posted: 08 July 2012 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2004-05-17

I had an issue in a scene one time with PP2012 similar to your problem.  I had an item that had a really detailed displacement map that didn’t play well with AO.  Everytime I tried to render it, it would just stop at that point and I’d have to use the task manager to shut Poser down.  Turning off the displacement for that item fixed it and allowed it to render.

Posted: 09 July 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-19

I updated my video driver and it hasn’t done it yet so hopefully that fixed the issue. I’m still confused as to why it would be the problem since the graphics card is only used for the viewport and the processor does the rendering.

Signature