Thank you all for the awesome Carrara Challenge #3!
Theme: PARADISE LOST AND FOUND
1st Place: #10 “Lost World” by Fractal Dimensia
2nd Place: #11 “The Teddy Bear Collector” by Headwax
3rd Place: #14 “Paradise Found” by Antara
Honourable Mention: #3 “Valley of dreams” by Gareth.
Thank you, Age of Armour, for sponsoring this challenge and for selecting the honourable mention winner!
DAZ has been very generous in encouraging these Carrara Challenges and has offered to support us once a month!
DAZ is donating:
1st Place: a $50 coupon
2nd Place will win a $30 coupon
3rd Place wins a $15 coupon
In addition the Honourable Mention will receive a $5 coupon code.
Please note that the coupons are for DAZ3D items.
We also have a great and very generous sponsor this month: Age of Armour, who is kindly donating the following prizes:
The winners will get to choose items from Age of Armour store at DAZ
1st Place: 3 items
2nd Place: 2 items
3rd Place: 1 item
Some background information about the challenge:
- All renders must be done in Carrara. *
- Artists can post up to 2 (two) entries.
- At least 1 (one) WIP image must be posted in this WIP thread. (Could be a pre-render screen grab of the scene set-up.)
- Content use is allowed and welcome, but MUST be credited.
- Restriction: At least 3 (three) items in the scene must be created OR significantly modified in Carrara. **
- Postwork is allowed, but if you use postwork, the raw render(s) that went into your postworked image MUST be posted in the WIP thread.
- The final entry must be submitted with proper description into this “Challenge Entries” thread, which is now open for entry posting. ***
- All entries must be submitted before 11:59 PM UTAH Time on September 7th 2013
- The voting will run from September 8th to the end of the day (Utah time) September 14th, and winners will be decided on September 15th. ****
- The images must be specially created for this challenge and previously unpublished.
To learn more about the rules and to learn what all the * ‘s are about, please head over to the WIP thread and read the first post there.
- Each voter has 3 votes to cast.
- You may choose up to 3 images for your votes. Please provide entry numbers for your choices.
If you choose 3 images, each image gets 1 of your votes. If you choose only 2 images, you have to assign 2 of your votes for one of them. If you choose only one, all 3 of your votes will go to that image.
- Votes may NOT be divided (no 0.5 vote, 1.5 votes or any other fractions)
- It would be very nice if you provide some comments about your selections and your thoughts about the images.
- You have 2 ways to cast your vote:
a) post a comment into this thread.
b) cast the vote anonymously* by sending me a PM or an email: [my Forum name] followed by ‘.nn’ at Gmail. I will not make your name public, but I will post your comments and your vote into this thread. However, this method has additional restrictions:
* Anonymous voting rules:
- You must provide me with either your Forum name here, or at another well known 3D community and provide a bit of information about yourself (like how are you known in the forums or community) - so I would know you are a real person and not someone who has already voted.
- You MUST provide comments about your selections. (Providing comments is optional if you just vote by posting in this thread, but if you vote anonymously, the comments are mandatory.)
- You may NOT vote for my images (Artist name: Antara).
If there is a tie, I will ask our great sponsor Age of Armour to break it.
The final word on the Honourable Mention also belongs to our sponsor, Age of Armour.
Also, as per challenge rules, I may not get the 1st Place in this challenge.
The person who wins this challenge will host the next one.
LINKS of INTEREST
WIP thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/26828/
Current Sponsor Age of Armour‘s store: http://www.daz3d.com/age-of-armour
Previous Sponsor DimensionTheory’s store: http://www.daz3d.com/dimensiontheory
Previous Sponsor Dartanbeck’s store: http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dartanbeck&x=0&y=0
DAZ Time UTAH: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_US-UT.aspx