edited and removed by user

Signature 

DAZ User Gallery / Facebook / Deviant Art

Posted: 01 September 2013 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4202
Joined  2011-11-25

One of the things I liked about genesis was the ability to also make non-human forms. So far, gen2 women don’t have an aliens or monsters in their ranks beyond those of the pretty female nearly human variety.

Posted: 01 September 2013 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1739
Joined  2012-04-14

I have more than enough white female characters, so I don’t get the attraction of G2F/V6/G6 etc. Great if rendering white females of a certain type is your thing.

Posted: 01 September 2013 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4894
Joined  2009-02-26

Gia’s textures seem to be more of Hispanic origin in my opinion, however I’m not so sure about face shape matching the ethnicity. But I certainly agree, G2F is lacking in the ethnic variety. Man I wish the creators of the Elite characters would come back. They had a fantastic variety. I do believe there is something soon to be released to do with ethnicity for G2F. I saw something in the documentation wiki. Not sure what it entails.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 01 September 2013 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  590
Joined  2006-10-01
SereneNight - 01 September 2013 09:12 AM

One of the things I liked about genesis was the ability to also make non-human forms. So far, gen2 women don’t have an aliens or monsters in their ranks beyond those of the pretty female nearly human variety.

Probably they will be sold as separate figures much later, because you know, we need meshes “improved” specifically for each shape.
And if we need separate meshes and morph sets just for regular men and women, imagine how the thing goes with monsters and aliens.
Fortunately Genesis can accomplish it all perfectly fine.  rolleyes

Signature 

Simplified guide to Genesis content creation.

My gallery.

Posted: 01 September 2013 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  991
Joined  2005-11-27
anikad - 01 September 2013 10:12 AM

I have more than enough white female characters, so I don’t get the attraction of G2F/V6/G6 etc. Great if rendering white females of a certain type is your thing.

Don’t the ethnic characters always come later after a new mesh’s release? I assumed that this was just the case here.

As for the creature thing, I’m sure there are things coming (you just know RawArt has something up his sleeve, right?). But as far as I’m concerned, Genesis 1 is more than enough for those characters.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 01 September 2013 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2012-02-12
TheWheelMan - 31 August 2013 12:26 AM

First, I’m not interested in all the complaints about the release of G2F, and I’m not really interested in the cheerleading for G2F either. The way I see it, it’s here, this is how it is, and you can either take it or leave it. So this post is to discuss an observation I’ve noticed and wanted to know if anyone else has seen the same thing. If you want to b*tch about G2F, take it elsewhere.  I’m looking for some real reasonable insight here.

Now, my observation. It just seems to me as if G2F has more character in appearance that genesis or the prior Vickie’s, but I don’t know why. Many of the characters I’ve seen for her so far just seem more unique, more appealing, and I don’t think it’s just any changes in the mesh. Looks like so far she’s gotten some very nice, new faces that don’t look like the typical “dolls” we see most often. I even think some of the clothes and hairs are cooler. I also notice that more of her stuff is Poser ready, something I still find frustrating about G1 stuff.  Much of it just hasn’t been made Poser ready yet. But GF2 came out of the gate with much better support, it seems.

Am I imagining all of this? Is GF2 getting more support or better support from PAs? Or is the improved mesh, while the changes are subtle, making a big difference in the overall look? I have bought stuff for G2F, but I’m not abandoning Vicky 4 or Genesis 1 anytime soon. I just want to see Whether others have noticed what I have, or if I’m just delusional? smile

You should account on experience too. I guess PAs know better and try to do something that wasn’t done before otherwise people wouldn’t buy something they already have. Speaking of character, I personaly find that there is not enough, at least in female characters, which make them pretty much uninteresting. G2 seems to go the right direction but there’s still room for improvement.

SereneNight - 01 September 2013 09:12 AM

I made a male and an alien morph on my second day with G2. Didn’t finish them (clean little imperfections). I had the idea of releasing them as freebie but forgot about that and didn’t take the time to go on. However with Kattey’s thread about transferring G1 morph to G2 you can pretty much get all the alien or monsters you want.

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 01 September 2013 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

I haven’t had much luck with the transferring morphs to gen 2.  I’m not a huge tinkerer, at least not yet. I’ll probably wait for genx

But I still would like some gen2 skins that are alien an inhuman in nature.

Posted: 01 September 2013 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10999
Joined  2007-11-06

...same here.  already messed up my original Genesis once.  Don’t want to go through that again.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 01 September 2013 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2005-01-31

It’s funny how people says there is just one type of skins of gn2, but have u really looked the skins? I think there is a great variety since now, there is white females that varies from pink, orange, yellow or brown skintones, there is a asian skin a hispanic skin, a black skin, a ultra pale skin even a skin u can use as a vampire like ariadne.

I agree there are still few skins but thats also cos most artits are stuck in V4, it seems 80% of artits are poser users.

Posted: 01 September 2013 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  2011-09-13
Xdye - 01 September 2013 03:19 PM

It’s funny how people says there is just one type of skins of gn2, but have u really looked the skins? I think there is a great variety since now, there is white females that varies from pink, orange, yellow or brown skintones, there is a asian skin a hispanic skin, a black skin, a ultra pale skin even a skin u can use as a vampire like ariadne.

Nodding my head to this.

http://www.daz3d.com/people?compat_figures=886

Yes, I want more ethnic skins, and more skins that use either V5 or G2F UVs in general, because of the improved mapping, but it is not as though they are no options there now. For a relatively young figure, it’s not a bad assortment.

I would love a new Elite dark skin texture since I still think there hasn’t been one to fill the niche occupied by Elite Marie for V4. Elite Marie is one of the few legacy skins I went through and created all the .duf presets for so I could use it on G2F. I am hoping one does come soon, because with the current standard of quality seen with the Belle and Tizania skins (don’t have Girl, but also looks very good), I think such a product would be very nice indeed.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 01 September 2013 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  991
Joined  2005-11-27
Xdye - 01 September 2013 03:19 PM

I agree there are still few skins but thats also cos most artits are stuck in V4, it seems 80% of artits are poser users.

I still also think that G2F is too new to really complain much about variety. Assuming it becomes popular enough, the variety of textures will come.

And another thought. i wish DAZ wouldn’t refer to the new Genesis as Genesis 2. I really think there is room for Genesis male, female, and neutral. Genesis 2 implies that Genesis “1” is somehow outdated, when instead I think that Genesis 1 itself still provides a very useful figure. Let Genesis 1 be the primary mesh for creatures, blended characters, and as the primary bridge figure between Generation 4 and the Genesis line, since you can fairly easily use your Gen 4 content with it. Let Genesis 2 Male and Female primarily stand as the next frontier and do brand new things with it. Doesn’t mean that you can’t do creatures for, or use old content on, Genesis 2, but if you create some general separate niches for Genesis 1 and Genesis 2, then both can be well supported and both continue to be successful.

By the way, thank you all for the incredible conversation going on here. There are way too many good points being made to individually thank you, but I’m getting some great new insight into this topic from you all.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 01 September 2013 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

A lot of the ethnic skins still seem a bit light in color for g2F.

I’d like to see a few darker skins as well as some fantasy skins which are varying unearthly colors.

2 of 2