Bryce 8 or 9 ...?
Posted: 30 August 2013 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2674
Joined  2004-07-06
bigh - 30 August 2013 07:40 AM
David Brinnen - 30 August 2013 07:13 AM

DAZ 3D need to be shown a path that links Bryce development with a revenue stream.  Fixing the DS bridge would be one way of achieving that.  So reminding DAZ 3D, on the hour, every hour, every day, until they acknowledge this would be a really good idea and totally in their interest - would be an approach.  Of course I couldn’t advocate the use of such a campaign to achieve the desired end… and yet…

laughing - come on - you smoking some thing again grin

No, I’m serious, I think DAZ 3D could be motivated by money, as opposed to just a desire to provide artists with tools.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 30 August 2013 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4894
Joined  2004-07-01
David Brinnen - 30 August 2013 07:50 AM

DAZ 3D need to be shown a path that links Bryce development with a revenue stream.  Fixing the DS bridge would be one way of achieving that.  So reminding DAZ 3D, on the hour, every hour, every day, until they acknowledge this would be a really good idea and totally in their interest - would be an approach.  Of course I couldn’t advocate the use of such a campaign to achieve the desired end… and yet…

No, I’m serious, I think DAZ 3D could be motivated by money, as opposed to just a desire to provide artists with tools.

money - you think grin
how many years have we tried to ?

Posted: 30 August 2013 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2008-01-02
David Brinnen - 30 August 2013 07:49 AM

Rigging?  Well that would be quite a bit more involved.  And the aim with the bridge would be to fix it so stuff could move in both directions.  So landscapes could be ported over DS easily, not just getting figures into Bryce, there’s also Poser, as Dave has reminded me in another thread, by he and Pam user Poser not DS.  But there’s more use to the bridge fix than just figures.

Bryce = Daz Studio new plugin ?

Posted: 30 August 2013 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
GabrielMOREAU1968 - 30 August 2013 08:06 AM
David Brinnen - 30 August 2013 07:49 AM

Rigging?  Well that would be quite a bit more involved.  And the aim with the bridge would be to fix it so stuff could move in both directions.  So landscapes could be ported over DS easily, not just getting figures into Bryce, there’s also Poser, as Dave has reminded me in another thread, by he and Pam user Poser not DS.  But there’s more use to the bridge fix than just figures.

Whatever gets Bryce off the back burner.  We don’t need to prove Bryce is a powerful creative tool, that a given isn’t it?  But given DAZ 3D own entirely both DS and Bryce, it makes sense to have them talk together nicely.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 30 August 2013 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16721
Joined  2003-10-09
David Brinnen - 30 August 2013 07:50 AM

Agreed David.  DAZ 3D does seem to forget that many Bryce users consume store products.  They only look at the revenue generated by pure Bryce products and forget that many of us also use standard store stuff.

I for instance have a product History which runs to 55 pages of products purchased.  I would actually hate to add up the total spent.  And although I do uise Poser, it is only as a “plug in” because all my renders are done in Bryce, and have been from the first day i booted up Bryce on a PC.  (Bryce 2 anyone?)

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 30 August 2013 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3761
Joined  2004-10-01

Not that we haven’t tried to motivate DAZ 3D to use Bryce as their render engine. Obviously, our wording was strange, DAZ 3D didn’t even understand what we were talking about. We need Bryce lobbyists at DAZ 3D, we haven’t got any.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 30 August 2013 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I did tell a certain person over in the Carrara forum that Although I would take Carrara out for a spin it was never going to replace my beloved Bryce.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge

Posted: 30 August 2013 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1640
Joined  2003-10-09

Hmmm.  I wonder if it could be marketed that way.  Fix the tree export problem and call it a “landscape and tree generator” DAZ Studio plugin, see if it sells.  If it does, start fixing/writing the rest of the exports so they work a bit better and add them as new features for future plugin versions.

Posted: 30 August 2013 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
Sean Riesch - 30 August 2013 10:16 AM

Hmmm.  I wonder if it could be marketed that way.  Fix the tree export problem and call it a “landscape and tree generator” DAZ Studio plugin, see if it sells.  If it does, start fixing/writing the rest of the exports so they work a bit better and add them as new features for future plugin versions.

Material generator.  Make sure the Bridge can process Bryce materials, if necessary by making them into UV mapped baked textures and as a bonus animators would have a solution to the twinkling materials problem.

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2013 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Bryce is no9t a plug-in for Daz Studio.  Daz Studio is a plug-in for Bryce.  You have to get things the right way round.

Calling Bryce a plug-in for something else is very demeaning to Bryce and totally devalues it. 

She says, putting her foot down with a firm hand.  cool smirk

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2013 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
chohole - 30 August 2013 10:24 AM

Bryce is no9t a plug-in for Daz Studio.  Daz Studio is a plug-in for Bryce.  You have to get things the right way round.

Calling Bryce a plug-in for something else is very demeaning to Bryce and totally devalues it. 

The bridge should be made to work both ways.  So people get the choice of rendering in whatever software they are most comfortable with.  Neither has to be subservient to the other.

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2013 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
David Brinnen - 30 August 2013 10:34 AM
chohole - 30 August 2013 10:24 AM

The bridge should be made to work both ways.  So people get the choice of rendering in whatever software they are most comfortable with.  Neither has to be subservient to the other.

Agreed,  but don’t call it a plug-in.  We are trying to save Bryce and improve it.

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2013 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3761
Joined  2004-10-01
chohole - 30 August 2013 10:52 AM

Agreed,  but don’t call it a plug-in.  We are trying to save Bryce and improve it.

Just a plugin would be a devaluation of Bryce. Rather, making and declaring it as an addition to DS. That may be an incentive to bring it back into development.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 30 August 2013 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I guess it is just me that thinks of DS and / or Poser as being plug-ins or add-ons for Bryce, rather than the other way round.  cool smile

The only reason I purchased Poser was so that I could have people and animals in my Bryce renders.

I know the rest of the Forum Team laugh when I say it. rolleyes

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2013 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1640
Joined  2003-10-09

Actually I often use DS as a Bryce plug-in too, both to pose figures and for the content library, although I do also use it by itself. 
  When I say that, I don’t mean to demean either in any way by suggesting either as a plugin for the other though. 
  People who wouldn’t want to purchase one as a stand alone application because they prefer to use the other still might still find it useful as an addition to their favorite application.  Listing it as a plugin might make them look at it and consider it as an option without making them feel like they are switching or abandoning the other application.

2 of 6