Digital Art Zone

1 of 6
Bryce 8 or 9 ...?
Posted: 29 August 2013 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-03-10

We are wating for developr of Bryce for 64 bit , DAZ STUDIO and Carrara have new verSion ad Bryce , when ?

thanks for Reading it.
Danielo.

Posted: 30 August 2013 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15588
Joined  2003-10-09

The easiest thing to do is to point you to this post. I know it is about Macs, but the salient points about the Bryce dev cycle are the same for both platforms.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/19948/

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 30 August 2013 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2010-03-25

We need to be patient before seeing bryce 8, 9, 10…..

Instead, DAZ should communicate a little more about its products including its development phases like planetside and eon-software teams do.

Before we get it ready, all we could do is to dream about Bryce 8 and the ability to use the power of our favorite software in 64-bits mode (faster render, unrestricted memory usage etc…)

Posted: 30 August 2013 02:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1577
Joined  2007-12-10

And Mac OS compatible would be nice c-ram. I could buy a new computer then. grin

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 30 August 2013 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2008-01-02

My wishlist for Bryce :
1) 64-bit (like Carrara pro)
2) Replicator surface (instancing lab - like Carrara)
3) Sub Surface Scattering (like Carrara)
4) New treelab (like Carrara)
5) Ridding in Bryce (like Carrara)
6) Real particle emitter (like Carrara)

But I can’t leave Bryce for Carrara. it is incomprehensible.
I can’t find some items in Carrara ...:
1) A more ergonomic terrain editor (as Bryce)
2 ) “The DTE” like Bryce
3 ) David Brinnen and Horo

Posted: 30 August 2013 03:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I am so with you about Carrara   I am really struggling with it.  It just is not makin sense to me at the moment.

The terrain editor is weird, and not nearly so intuitive as the Bryce one, even though they are based on the same principles.

I cannot work out how to get shaders on to things properly, especially trees and terrains.

I cannot work out how to get a decent sky. 

OK, it is early days yet,  but so far I still say that no way can Carrara ever replace my beloved Bryce.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge

Posted: 30 August 2013 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3454
Joined  2004-10-01

I’ve had Carrara since 3, then upgraded to 6, 7 and 8. It’s a powerful program in many aspects (though not on IBL) but not at all intuitive to handle. Maybe since Carrara 8.5 is now available, some resources are freed and DAZ will look at Bryce again.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 30 August 2013 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  433
Joined  2009-07-24

I see informed people talking about Carrara 9 being released first quarter of 2014. If that is true we will be waiting a bit longer. And even longer than that since software is never released on schedule.

Signature 

Someone please tell me what is so great about this century.

Posted: 30 August 2013 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Dino Gramps - 30 August 2013 04:13 AM

I see informed people talking about Carrara 9 being released first quarter of 2014. If that is true we will be waiting a bit longer. And even longer than that since software is never released on schedule.

Carrara 8.5 was released exactly on schedule.  They said quarter 3 and AFAIK August is in quarter 3.

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2013 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2010-03-25
Horo - 30 August 2013 03:35 AM

Maybe since Carrara 8.5 is now available, some resources are free and DAZ will look at Bryce again.

I hope so Horo, it would be great news if daz take the choise to enter a new cicle of development with Bryce now that Carrara 8.5 is achieved.

Posted: 30 August 2013 05:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, totally agree.  And we need DAZ 3D to remember that we are still here, and a viable community. I do try to do my bit. Just think over 10,000 posts, and each one has a Bryce banner under it,  LOL

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2013 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2008-01-02
chohole - 30 August 2013 03:16 AM

I am so with you about Carrara   I am really struggling with it.  It just is not makin sense to me at the moment.

The terrain editor is weird, and not nearly so intuitive as the Bryce one, even though they are based on the same principles.

I cannot work out how to get shaders on to things properly, especially trees and terrains.

I cannot work out how to get a decent sky. 

OK, it is early days yet,  but so far I still say that no way can Carrara ever replace my beloved Bryce.

+1 Totally agree with that!

But, I love the replicator surface in Carrara. Much better than the Bryce’s Instancing Lab !

Posted: 30 August 2013 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2554
Joined  2004-07-06

DAZ 3D need to be shown a path that links Bryce development with a revenue stream.  Fixing the DS bridge would be one way of achieving that.  So reminding DAZ 3D, on the hour, every hour, every day, until they acknowledge this would be a really good idea and totally in their interest - would be an approach.  Of course I couldn’t advocate the use of such a campaign to achieve the desired end… and yet…

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 30 August 2013 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4696
Joined  2004-07-01
David Brinnen - 30 August 2013 07:13 AM

DAZ 3D need to be shown a path that links Bryce development with a revenue stream.  Fixing the DS bridge would be one way of achieving that.  So reminding DAZ 3D, on the hour, every hour, every day, until they acknowledge this would be a really good idea and totally in their interest - would be an approach.  Of course I couldn’t advocate the use of such a campaign to achieve the desired end… and yet…

laughing - come on - you smoking some thing again grin

Posted: 30 August 2013 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2008-01-02

Ridding in Bryce can be the way… ?

Posted: 30 August 2013 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2554
Joined  2004-07-06
GabrielMOREAU1968 - 30 August 2013 07:44 AM

Ridding in Bryce can be the way… ?

Rigging?  Well that would be quite a bit more involved.  And the aim with the bridge would be to fix it so stuff could move in both directions.  So landscapes could be ported over DS easily, not just getting figures into Bryce, there’s also Poser, as Dave has reminded me in another thread, by he and Pam user Poser not DS.  But there’s more use to the bridge fix than just figures.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

1 of 6