Carrara 8.5 Documentation
Posted: 26 August 2013 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1304
Joined  2010-09-29

You can find the Carrara 8.5 documentation here:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/carrara/8_5/start

Keep in mind that currently only the new features are documented in the wiki.  For previous versions of Carrara refer to the Carrara section of the old Artzone wiki: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/carrara/start

Posted: 26 August 2013 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4792
Joined  2004-07-01

thank you - keep up the great job - looking forward to the next update

Posted: 26 August 2013 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6171
Joined  2007-12-04

It’s excellent to have a start, and I really like what you’ve done so far.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 26 August 2013 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  340
Joined  2007-07-31

I haven’t got 8.5 installed yet

Any Idea if a “new” pdf manual was included ?

or is daz still relying on folks like you ??

Signature 

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!home/mainPage

Posted: 27 August 2013 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-29

The documentation is in Wiki format and can be found at the link above.  You can export every page as a .pdf file if you prefer it in that format.

Posted: 27 August 2013 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Every item that I’ve seen so far is perfectly written, in my opinion. Love your style of numbers and arrows, etc.,
Really well done, my friend!
Thank for the devotion.

I’ll be using all manner of links to it to help people to find their way. This is a great help - and I look forward to watching it grow.smile

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 27 August 2013 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-29
Dartanbeck - 27 August 2013 01:16 PM

Every item that I’ve seen so far is perfectly written, in my opinion. Love your style of numbers and arrows, etc.,
Thank for the devotion.

I’ll be using all manner of links to it to help people to find their way. This is a great help - and I look forward to watching it grow.smile

Thank you for your kind words, your post just made my day.  I look forward to the growth as well.  The way we have the Carrara Docs section set up allows it to grow and scale.

Posted: 27 August 2013 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
DAZ_jared - 27 August 2013 01:48 PM
Dartanbeck - 27 August 2013 01:16 PM

Thank for the devotion.

Thank you for your kind words, your post just made my day.  I look forward to the growth as well.  The way we have the Carrara Docs section set up allows it to grow and scale.

I see that. I really like the way it’s set up. But the work you’ve done in there so far truly shows expertise in teaching by the page - I appreciate that, as I’m always looking for ways to help solve queries that come up. You truly deserve that pat on the back, man!

Signature 

Posted: 27 August 2013 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5512
Joined  2006-08-27
0oseven - 26 August 2013 06:45 PM

I haven’t got 8.5 installed yet

Any Idea if a “new” pdf manual was included ?

or is daz still relying on folks like you ??

I suspect DAZ_jared works for DAZ, so hopefully they do rely on people like him! wink

So far, from what I gather, the C7 PDF manual is included with C8.5. 90% or more of it is still valid. The new features need documenting, so if you follow the links provided in DAZ_jared’s first post, you’ll see what is done so far.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 27 August 2013 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Man, I love this one that he did on the new Graph Editor! and now I can hardly wait to play with it! I was just asking for help with the graph editor, and 3dage hasn’t yet come home to us. I got a tiny bit of play time but, again… some instruction would help… and here it is!

Signature 

Posted: 28 August 2013 05:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  488
Joined  2013-03-20

I can’t wait for this to expand…the format is fantastic, the graphics are clear and the explanations actually make sense!  Keep on going PLEASE…we need this and you!

xx Silene UK

Signature 

Do I look like my avatar? No, that was 30 years ago!
Ah, but I was so much older then I’m younger than that now.

Posted: 17 September 2013 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2013-08-27

I’d still prefer an updated PDF-manual which I could print instead of tons of wiki articles. (The last official manual is (!!!!) 5 years old!). And there are several broken links such as the following: http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/Plugins+&+Utilities?cat=1083

Therefore, with a printed PDF-manual I could go step by step without being online all the time and being frustrated by a broken wiki. smile

Posted: 17 September 2013 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Having nothing directly to do with simply Carrara, but ALL DAZ 3D products that have links to wiki pages of more info, namely Howie Farkes Stoney Creek and many others, I think that we need to find a way to fix the wiki links that are all now broken. In Howie’s case, he had included some vital information making his products even more valuable to any Carrara user. I’m certainly glad that I included my wiki info from Starry Sky in a pdf manual. I think that we also need to find a way to fix the “File List” link - as I’ve always found that to be helpful - especially since we really NEED to know where we can find the texture files for our products in Carrara - since none of the “Glow” map information comes through in the translation and we have to find them by hand.

Signature 

Posted: 17 September 2013 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-09-29
patrickgobels - 17 September 2013 02:46 AM

I’d still prefer an updated PDF-manual which I could print instead of tons of wiki articles. (The last official manual is (!!!!) 5 years old!). And there are several broken links such as the following: http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/Plugins+&+Utilities?cat=1083

Therefore, with a printed PDF-manual I could go step by step without being online all the time and being frustrated by a broken wiki. smile

You can export each page as a PDF from the Wiki.  This will allow you access to each article without having to go online every time you want to use it.

If you could send me the page that the broken link is on I’ll take care of it.

Posted: 17 September 2013 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  367
Joined  0
DAZ_jared - 17 September 2013 09:09 AM
patrickgobels - 17 September 2013 02:46 AM

You can export each page as a PDF from the Wiki.  This will allow you access to each article without having to go online every time you want to use it.

I would like to also go on record as one who would prefer a PDF version of the manual.

With all due respect for all of the excellent work being done on the wiki manual, the way one can quickly search through a PDF manual to locate any and all occurrences of even the most obscure reference, makes it much more useful than either a wiki or printed version.

Expecting your customers to export every page of the wiki as a PDF, and then compile them into a coherent single PDF manual, is not an acceptable solution. You should be creating the wiki from source materials that could be used to create both wiki and PDF manuals.

It seems to be a somewhat minor thing to request, and I know that I’ve seen requests for the PDF format many times before. I urge you to reconsider the “wiki only” format, and also provide a PDF version.

Signature 

-Dean

DAZ Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1922/

Posted: 17 September 2013 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2013-08-27

@de3an: Wise words!

1 of 3