Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
daz closing on its own when I render
Posted: 23 August 2013 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2009-08-28

Yeah….so

I’m trying to render a scene…and the program closes on it’s own when I"m doing the render

I"m not pressing it to close (it doesn’t even ask if I want to save it when it closes)

I’ll hide the window to do some thing else and the thing shuts down

Posted: 23 August 2013 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1334
Joined  2006-08-31

Out of memory error? is it a big complex scene?

(if you’re in Win7, take a look in C:\users\VataRaven\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\log.txt and see if the log file has anything interesting at the end of it…)

Signature 

Previous post count: 2678 Downloads Hightide Mark: 1708

Posted: 23 August 2013 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

There is no error message coming up

As soon as I hide it, the thing shuts down

And I odn’t have that AppData folder…anywhere

Posted: 23 August 2013 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7903
Joined  2006-03-19

You need to show hidden folders to see the appdata folder

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 23 August 2013 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4904
Joined  2005-08-03

The AppData by default is a hidden folder. For Windows 7 you’ll need to go to open a File Browser and in the upper left click Organize > Folder and Search Options > View tab > Change the option to Show hidden files, folders, or drives and click Apply.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 23 August 2013 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1662
Joined  2003-10-09

You can also view the log file the next time you start DS by going to the menu bar and selecting
Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File…
  In Windows, after the log file opens in Wordpad, you can also select File > Save As, then instead of saving, just drag a shortcut from log.txt in that window to your desktop or wherever for later use as a fast way to locate the file.
  Note that sometimes things aren’t written to the log file until you exit DS though, so if it is appropriate to do so, you may want to exit first and then look.

If it exited normally, the last line of the file should look something like this:
———————- DAZ Studio 4.6.0.18 exited—————————
If that’s not the last line, I would assume it crashed or was otherwise unexpectedly terminated.

Note that sometimes crashes pop up a big window that stays, and sometimes they just give a tiny brief message that goes away right away that’s easy to miss.

EDITED TO ADD:  If you are running out of memory, you might want to make a point of saving prior to rendering so you won’t loose anything if the render proves too be too much, then also exiting/restarting to clear the undo to try to free up a tiny bit more memory.  I was recently working on a scene on my 32-bit PC that kept getting memory errors and crashes more and more often the more I added things to it to the point where I couldn’t spot render without crashing.  I was almost done, and just needed to add one more thing to the scene.  I ended up running TextureAtlas one a distant background figure to cram all it’s textures together and then made them much smaller in a desperate attempt to use less memory; it worked, and I was finally able to add the final item to the scene and render without the crash.  Depending on what you are doing and how close you are to your PC’s memory limit, a workaround like this might allow you to get your scene done.  (Of course your problem could turn out to be something different too.)

Posted: 23 August 2013 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

it says this, only warning I see, but these are just for items, not the scene itself

Unless this has to do with me USING 32x and not 64x to render

Loading Startup Scene : C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\Render Library\Melyanna.duf
*** Scene Cleared ***
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5307): Unsupported formula: /data/SickleYield/DeadWorldPants/DWPantsIntactG/SYDWPantsIntactG.dsf#SYDWPantsIntactG
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5307): Unsupported formula: /data/SickleYield/DeadWorldPants/DWPantsIntactG/SYDWPantsIntactG.dsf#SYDWPantsIntactG
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5307): Unsupported formula: /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Boots/Cuffed Ankle Boot Left/CuffAnkleBootLeft.dsf#CuffAnkleBootLeft
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/general in file : /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Boots/Cuffed Ankle Boot Left/CuffAnkleBootLeft.dsf#CuffAnkleBootLeft
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5307): Unsupported formula: /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Boots/Cuffed Ankle Boot Left/CuffAnkleBootLeft.dsf#CuffAnkleBootLeft
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/x in file : /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Boots/Cuffed Ankle Boot Left/CuffAnkleBootLeft.dsf#CuffAnkleBootLeft
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/y in file : /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Boots/Cuffed Ankle Boot Left/CuffAnkleBootLeft.dsf#CuffAnkleBootLeft
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/z in file : /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Boots/Cuffed Ankle Boot Left/CuffAnkleBootLeft.dsf#CuffAnkleBootLeft
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5307): Unsupported formula: /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Boots/Cuffed Ankle Boot Right/CuffAnkleBootRight.dsf#CuffAnkleBootRight
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/general in file : /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Boots/Cuffed Ankle Boot Right/CuffAnkleBootRight.dsf#CuffAnkleBootRight
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5307): Unsupported formula: /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Boots/Cuffed Ankle Boot Right/CuffAnkleBootRight.dsf#CuffAnkleBootRight
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/x in file : /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Boots/Cuffed Ankle Boot Right/CuffAnkleBootRight.dsf#CuffAnkleBootRight
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/y in file : /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Boots/Cuffed Ankle Boot Right/CuffAnkleBootRight.dsf#CuffAnkleBootRight
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/z in file : /data/Pusey Designs/Genesis Boots/Cuffed Ankle Boot Right/CuffAnkleBootRight.dsf#CuffAnkleBootRight

Posted: 23 August 2013 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

Rendering image
Compiled C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{82953016-6188-4c34-8414-928db85b1078}/shader_Surface.sdl…

I did another render

that’s the last thing that came up in the log

Posted: 23 August 2013 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

Could it be because of me using the 32x bit edition?

Posted: 23 August 2013 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Vata Raven - 23 August 2013 04:53 PM

IF rendering is exceeding the 32-bit memory limits, that could be causing it to crash and thus not finish rendering, yes.  However I don’t know that we have any way to know that for sure.
  It sounds like you might have the 64-bit version available.  Can you simply try doing the render in the 64-bit version as a workaround?

Posted: 23 August 2013 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

It’s not installed on my computer

I’d have to download it when I can

I only have the 32x bit because has yet to put Lip Sync to the 64x edition

Posted: 23 August 2013 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

If you make a copy of your scene (so you don’t mess up your original) and in the copy, delete something that has a very large texture associated with it, then save, exit (to clear undo), reload, and render, does it render without exiting?  If so, maybe you were just a little bit over the line with memory and some modifications to your scene might allow you to continue.  It’s a long shot, but easy enough to try.
  Also, in the unlikely event that you remember exactly what changes you made to the scene since the last time you rendered without problems, and it’s easy to undo (in a copy!), you could try that, then see if one of the changes you made is in any way causing the crash, and see if it’s something that could be avoided or done differently.

Posted: 23 August 2013 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1334
Joined  2006-08-31
Vata Raven - 23 August 2013 04:53 PM

What changes have happened since it last rendered successfully?

Signature 

Previous post count: 2678 Downloads Hightide Mark: 1708

Posted: 23 August 2013 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

I deleted the light source in the copy

It started to render in the new window…then it shut down

...and no changes

Posted: 23 August 2013 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-28

Now I deleted the background source

daz still force shut down

Posted: 23 August 2013 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I meant try deleting something that has one ore more large image files associated with it, rather than a light.  for example if I look at V5, it looks like there are maybe around 50 images used, many of which are 2048x2048 or larger, those presumably have to be using a lot of memory when processed.

1 of 3