Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5921
Joined  2006-08-27
holly wetcircuit - 24 June 2012 09:23 PM

Sex sex sex. You guys were right afterall. cool grin

Holly, why is it always sex with you? Yeesh! You’re worse than a guy! gulp

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 24 June 2012 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2008-10-05

It is not full of sex, lol.

Posted: 24 June 2012 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5921
Joined  2006-08-27
Misticwolf - 24 June 2012 09:36 PM

That’s a pity, certain nameless forum members would seem to enjoy a good bodice ripper! wink

P.S. I hate the new emoticons! mad

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 24 June 2012 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2194
Joined  2008-01-28
evilproducer - 24 June 2012 09:47 PM

That’s a pity, certain nameless forum members would seem to enjoy a good bodice ripper! wink

Oh I think the new emoticons have a lot going for them. Perhaps they should use a little purple in them to bring out the yellow, and there’s a strong argument for flipping the wink one so the line of the mouth provides a lead in for the viewer,  I do like however how they are modelled on the letter ‘o’ which gives them a well balanced compositional skeleton… All in all I think that, if Daz does a little more work, they could be onto not a bad icon. I’m looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

wink

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 24 June 2012 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8220
Joined  2009-07-13

. . . . uhm shapeshifter sex!! shock

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 25 June 2012 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0

shut eye hmmm gulp mad fleas… and muddy pawprints in the bed…

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 25 June 2012 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2007-10-15
holly wetcircuit - 24 June 2012 08:13 PM

Please Walk Away, you are undoing the good you have done…. The artist-to-be will take in all the information at the level they are ready to process. There is no *winning* here.

I dunno, maybe I have more faith in people than your post suggests. In my world, people really love this craft, and many love it as much as I do. And most of those people have a real thirst for knowledge, and really enjoy discussing the issues and ways to improve. For them, shutting up and “walking away” isn’t an option. Nor do people play petty games in an attempt to “win”. So with all due respect, if someone here gets offended when challenged, that’s not my problem. My only concern is learning, teaching, and advancing the craft. 

I continue to believe, or at least hope, there are people out there who, instead of being offended by challenges and criticisms, genuinely love this stuff and enjoy learning and discussing it. I just hope they aren’t drowned out by the others.

With me, it always has been, and always will be, about issues, not personalities. And if people really want to learn and discuss issues like I do, I’ll try to participate when I can. And if anyone tells me I’m full of BS with any of my points, and can provide a rational argument, I’ll gladly listen and learn whenever I can.

Posted: 25 June 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-06-06

Hi

I think that the 3d desing and composition work fine the way they are, perhaps i would make the tiger much bigger, covering all the trees behind the woman (MORE MENACE) , and perhaps a little bit more transparent so that is fusionated with the forest.

The only real problem i see is like someone said, the plastic look of the render, this is normal in carrara but not its fault, if you change the materials that come with the figures and the render setings you can get very realistic renders, that would be one way to solve the problem, but i recomend you this one. MORE and STRONGER post edit, this will be necesary even if you correct the materials and render setings or not.

I recomend you this wonderfull software POSTWORKSHOP 2 http://www.postworkshop.net/ yOU a.pply the filter then take that to photoshop or other and mix it at your pleasure by using layers, levels of opacity and the modes of combining layers etc

or if you dont want to buy more software then read this tutorials or find more in google by writing : FANTASY TUTORIALS PHOTOSHOP

http://speckyboy.com/2009/09/02/50-imaginative-fantasy-art-tutorials-for-photoshop/

i AGREE with almost everything that joemamma 2000 said, but depending on the level of post edit, that may not be so relevant because those filters and tutorials will change the final look a lot, you decide where to put most of the load, lighting - render or post edit or 50-50
Bye.

Posted: 25 June 2012 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2006-08-21
head wax - 24 June 2012 10:30 PM
evilproducer - 24 June 2012 09:47 PM

Oh I think the new emoticons have a lot going for them. Perhaps they should use a little purple in them to bring out the yellow, and there’s a strong argument for flipping the wink one so the line of the mouth provides a lead in for the viewer,  I do like however how they are modelled on the letter ‘o’ which gives them a well balanced compositional skeleton… All in all I think that, if Daz does a little more work, they could be onto not a bad icon. I’m looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

wink

LOL

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 25 June 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28

Thanks for being kind BooksbyDavid! I was beginning to think people here had no sense of humour wink

PS I have taken the liberty of designing my own book cover to show off my skills ........
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-h92tVieSEHc/T-kClnjAPyI/AAAAAAAAGPk/EArC4N3VP2A/s1600/Doc7.jpg

Signature 

Posted: 25 June 2012 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8220
Joined  2009-07-13

I wanna ride the pink pony tongue rolleye

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 25 June 2012 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0

Ugh, put pink FUR on that pony!!! shock

All these nekkid animals wearing no fur at all on all these sex books! red face

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 26 June 2012 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2007-10-15

Guys, seriously, I’m sure you know it takes a lot of guts to put your work out there and ask for comments. So maybe we should treat misticwolf’s thread with a bit more respect and take it kinda seriously. I don’t think we want to give anyone the impression we’re making fun of him/her or his/her work. I’m sure that wasn’t the intent, but geez, let’s keep in mind that stuff like “ooo, look what I did…” can be taken the wrong way pretty easily.

To that end, if he/she is still interested, I’d make a few other recommendations in light of the info you posted:

Seems pretty clear that the target audience is teenage (or younger) girls who like to read. Maybe in the 12-14 year old range or something like that. Not sure there would be many boys interested in a romance like that. So that makes the target very specific, which is nice.

Next step if you’re a publisher or anyone in the commercial field is to do a little market research. I think it’s safe to say that the only people competent to judge the content, composition, style, etc. that would attract girls that age are, well, girls that age. I sure as hell wouldn’t work off my own knowledge, and I’m sure that’s the case for most of us.

But that doesn’t have to mean spending a lot of money. Really, all you want to know is what type of book cover would attract a girl that age to buy it. My first step would be a little internet searching. I’m sure there is some market research out there that might help. Favorite colors, traits like short attention span, affected by peer pressure, stuff like that. It all helps in deciding what might catch their eye.

And then I’d stop by a local book store and browse the shelves that had similar types of books. See what those publishers who really could afford expensive market research learned. What colors they use, what’s the content of the cover, what styles are used, how are the elements composed, what fonts are in vogue, etc.

And while you’re there you might even ask the clerk which of those books are popular, and pay special attention to those covers. And maybe ask a young girl who might be browsing.

Once you have that information, then you can start designing your cover. And the total cost of that research is not much more than a trip to the mall, which you probably had to do anyway.

Posted: 26 June 2012 02:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-28

Guys, seriously, I’m sure you know it takes a lot of guts to put your work out there and ask for comments. So maybe we should treat misticwolf’s thread with a bit more respect and take it kinda seriously. I don’t think we want to give anyone the impression we’re making fun of him/her or his/her work. I’m sure that wasn’t the intent, but geez, let’s keep in mind that stuff like “ooo, look what I did…” can be taken the wrong way pretty easily.

I hate to admit it Joemama but you are right.
Apologies Mysticwolfe. No one was taking the mickey out of you. I think it was an attempt to diffuse the situation that was or could have developed.

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2012 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  2006-08-21

Sorry, Mysticwolf. When you get certain Carrara artists in a room together without adult supervision, things can go south in a hurry.

Signature 

CG and Me

2 of 3