Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Underwater Caustic Effects
Posted: 04 July 2012 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1278
Joined  2008-03-30

@Teresa Thanks so much, snagged them, how do I tile a texture in Bryce tho?
@ IceScribe - lovely image, did you use DS4 cause I believe that the bridge is fixed in 4.5, and it probably explains why i had bits missing on a transfer i did yesterday from DS4P to Bryce, how does DS3A work wirh Bryce 7 I wonder.

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 04 July 2012 04:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15348
Joined  2003-10-09

Ian, Rashad did explain, in a thread in the old forums, that sometimes the bridge leaves things behind when transferring because of nested props. 

Hopefully he will pop back in and explain this again, as I am not sure I could find the post again easily.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 04 July 2012 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30
chohole - 04 July 2012 04:09 AM

Ian, Rashad did explain, in a thread in the old forums, that sometimes the bridge leaves things behind when transferring because of nested props. 

Hopefully he will pop back in and explain this again, as I am not sure I could find the post again easily.

Thanks, Pam, i have come across this so far - http://ca1-webvirt-forumweb.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=3147163&sid=148ce01d2af56a2361aa258af49aec08

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 04 July 2012 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15348
Joined  2003-10-09

Oh well done Ian. Me bad, it was Dan that raised the point, not Rashad.  oh well.

Shame the images don’t show, would be so much better if they did. It’s all to do with the fact that we can’t “Login” to the archive, and so the images are not displayed.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 04 July 2012 05:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7674
Joined  2009-05-14

Refer to Adam’s tut and freebie thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/306/ to see how to get images to show.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 04 July 2012 05:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30

Also reading through this http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=173120&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 -Bryce 7.1.0.109 Production Release Now Available! and this http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=3095746&sid=23c297e3df44944cf58ff80d40509765 - Bryce 7 Pro not reliable

grin

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 04 July 2012 05:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30
Szark - 04 July 2012 05:28 AM

Refer to Adam’s tut and freebie thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/306/ to see how to get images to show.

Thanks Szark, I know about that little tweak grin

I believe there is a firefox plugin too, wish there was a chome version wink

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 04 July 2012 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7674
Joined  2009-05-14

Nice one Ian. I only use IE9, Tried the others and didn’t like them. wink

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 04 July 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2009-08-18

@IanzThingz

Thank you for the compliment. I use Daz 3 which will send to Bryce 7 Pro if there is not something that jams it up. It is difficult to say what will jam up the pipe. It is not most hair, and the V and M 4 go through, but some clothing props or different skin textures and eyes than default V and M will jam up and cause Bryce to hang. I know it will hang if it stops at 25% and doesn’t do anything for 15 seconds. After that happens, if I really like the pose etc, I’ll export as obj from Daz and import into Bryce. But, that does not always keep the mats/textures. Don’t know why.

I can’t get the bridge from Daz 4 to work very often. I rarely use Daz4, because I end up having to import so many textures/mats into it,  I may as well do that in Bryce, and I haven’t bought all the stuff that makes old items work.  I understand the controls better in Bryce than the shader system as I don’t know anything about it in Poser or Daz.  I look at the colour numbers like old timey non point/click programs had,  and my eyes glaze over, LOL!  I prefer the point/click in DAZ and then modify if desired in Bryce. The only thing is, Bryce is likely to crash if I modify a texture “too many times”, say about 5 or more. I guess I could save, and clear the undo in Bryce, but I’m usually intent on the texture and fail to notice until the crash window comes up, LOL!

I don’t usually send to Daz from Bryce because I like to render in Bryce. I made a textureless terrain to practice d-former tut and that worked ok.

Signature 

See my gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/?q=IceScribe&x=14&y=10

Posted: 04 July 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30

Cheers IceScribe, yes I was mainly thinking of just doing posing etc in DS and then moving to Bryce for scenery and rendering, maybe I should install my copy of DS3A if the bridge to Bryce is more stable.

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 04 July 2012 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3383
Joined  2004-10-01
IanzThingz - 04 July 2012 01:27 AM

... how do I tile a texture in Bryce tho?

Depends on what you tile. Bryce can also tile pictures that are not prepared for tiling. Tiling is really a can of worms. There are so many options. One picture on an object - repeated or symmetric tileing, negative or positive size, scaled picture size, centered transform. I have 2 videos ready, over 45 minutes together, for the Mentoring DVD 2. It’s amazing what Bryce has in store for such a simple thing as tiling.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 04 July 2012 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30
Horo - 04 July 2012 02:37 PM
IanzThingz - 04 July 2012 01:27 AM

... how do I tile a texture in Bryce tho?

Depends on what you tile. Bryce can also tile pictures that are not prepared for tiling. Tiling is really a can of worms. There are so many options. One picture on an object - repeated or symmetric tileing, negative or positive size, scaled picture size, centered transform. I have 2 videos ready, over 45 minutes together, for the Mentoring DVD 2. It’s amazing what Bryce has in store for such a simple thing as tiling.

It was to do with these seamless tiles from Teresa

Teresa Tyllo - 28 June 2012 09:24 PM

<snip>

Those tiles are only 400x400 PNG, but they’re seamless so you can fill new 800x800 canvas with them and get larger texture for your needs.

Cheers smile

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 04 July 2012 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2009-08-18

@IanzThingz

It has been fun with the bridge from Daz 3 to Bryce 7. Plenty of props arrive fully textured which saves tons of time.  However, I forgot to mention that after several “send to Bryce” events, there is a different jam up, and the last transfer will hang, even if it was successful earlier. If I close everything down and restart my computer, it closes out the Daz program events that seems to be still running in the background. I have no idea how to make that stop otherwise—it does not show on the Task Manager window. (Windows 7) 

I have sent at least 8 props individually with no problem to the same Bryce scene as long as I do it while it is still open at the same time as the first. Otherwise, a separate Bryce opens and then I must merge the second Bryce image with the first.

By choosing to send the character separately to open a new Bryce, it helps because there are less meshs to have to cruise up and down the mesh list to select and import materials. Also it is annoying to find out for example, “pants” are not a group but in the mesh list, and must be selected if I want to group the entire bits of the character so that it can be easily repositioned in the merged file. By deleting the ground plain, I select all groups and all meshes and group those. I recommend testing the group by rotating it, because recently I found that a badge did not group, so it was not highlighted and did not rotate. I undid the rotation and returned the grouped character to original working position, merged it with the props scene, then went back and merged the badge. Seems to have worked, whew!

Then I merge the grouped character with the scene/props Bryce scene.  The important thing is to not move anything until the final Bryce workspace is merged. Or you could write down all the important co-ordinates, bleh! But this is my workaround system, there may be others that are more efficient.

Signature 

See my gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/?q=IceScribe&x=14&y=10

Posted: 05 July 2012 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2003-12-23

@IanzThingz

Hi Ian,
As Horo wrote about Bryce tiling: “Tiling is really a can of worms. There are so many options.”
That’s why I prefere to use already tiled 2D images of my choice instead of dudling with Bryce tiling. I find it more convinient and easier for me. I have only Bryce6.1 on my puter.

To tile my 400x400 caustics and get bigger texture you simply use your 2D program of choice (Gimp,Psp,PS). I always use my PhotoImpact10 to do 2D work.

== How you can tile already seamles images to a bigger textures in 2D program==
-open new empty canvas (800x800) in your 2D proggy
-open my small 400x400 caustic pic and copy it
-fill your new empty image with my caustic that you just copied, and you’ll get seamless 800x800 texture of my caustic
-Now you can use that larger caustic image in Bryce for underwater effect, as Rashad explain earlier in the thread.
I hope it helps you.
-Teresa cool smile

Signature 

= MY DAZ PRODUCTS =

Posted: 05 July 2012 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-30

Thanks Teresa, and there was I thinking it was some really arcane procedure, I can do what you have suggested with no problems smile

Signature 

Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

2 of 3