Digital Art Zone

6 of 34
Time for sharing, what I have no idea!
Posted: 20 July 2012 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7670
Joined  2009-05-14

Bryce – easy to use, a bit buggy and slow to render.
Bryce can do some amazing stuff and as Horo said treat it like a game and explore. It is fun to use I must admit. Trying to compare Bryce to anything is like apples and oranges.

Cararra 8 Pro – not as easy to use as Bryce but still fairly straight forward, too buggy for me to use and will not be paying for an upgrade so for me Carrara is no longer an option unless I go back to 7 Pro or 6 Pro. But as a full package goes not too bad at all.

Vue - well I love Vue for many reasons. If making detailed landscapes etc is your bag then Vue is the way to go in my opinion. But you do need a powerful computer to get the best out of it.

But consider the price differences between them all.  For its price Bryce is one hell of a program if you are prepared to learn it.

Vue was designed with Environments in mind and that is what it is good at. Bryce can do them but IMHO not as well compared to Vue. Carrara on the other hand is capable of giving some great results and with the added benefit of the modelling room which Vue and Bryce don’t have. Plus it has particles and physics.

So it all depends what you want, what you want out of it and how much money you want to spend. Are you prepared to work had to learn etc etc.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 20 July 2012 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2827
Joined  2004-10-25

Geeze, how did I miss this thread all this time??

That said, I don’t think I need to tell you what I think of your renders, as I’ve seen pretty much all of them over at Dreamlight.  grin

Great work, and I look forward to seeing more in the future.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 20 July 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Aew shucks, thanks Miss B. I am in the middle of a new test now. Testing Uber Surface 2 in making viens grey blue and making them apprear as though there are under the skin. I think I am getting close.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 20 July 2012 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Ok here is something I have been working for a couple of weeks. This is just a test, quick render using 3 Area lights and Uber Environment for a little fill. Nothing spacial just Occlusion with soft shadows.

What I am testing is using the second layer blend mode in Uber Surface 2. Using the Displacement maps for the vien that came with M5 (Phillip texture), plugging them in the Mask layer and using a de-saturated blue/grey for the diffuse channel. I think it works ok. Given I didn’t spend much time on this I think I could get better results with better displacement/mask maps. Morris and Jepe have some nice vien displacement maps in my runtime so I will test them out. I couldn’t use them with this one as the UV’s don’t match. Given more time I would expect to be able to adjust them in GIMP to suit. smile

Image Attachments
fas.jpg
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25

Well you did a good job, as they look pretty realistic.  smile

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

Posted: 21 July 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

IIIIIII thank you. smile I think I will do another one but better in a couple of weeks. I have been cajoled into getting an image done within the week, I won’t mention any names. raspberry

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

What you talking about Willis? But really you will need to share that viens trick when your ready. Looks very very good to me.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Yep will do and I intended to share when I have it all working properly. I did think though of keeping it to myself as in the monkey never teaching the tiger to climb. smile But the thought only lasted for about 5 seconds. LOL

I got the Willis reference. Man that is going back some years now.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m not any spring chicken Szark. I can pull older ones out of my hat but I’ll keep them for another time. Still love those viens, great work so far.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 21 July 2012 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7546
Joined  2006-03-19

Those veins look really good. Wow.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 21 July 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Thanks Frank. You should have seen my earlier tests. But those tests have given me some idea on what to test out after this.

Jaderail yeah I got that. LOL

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 21 July 2012 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25
Szark - 21 July 2012 09:02 AM

I have been cajoled into getting an image done within the week, I won’t mention any names. raspberry

Oh gee, I wonder who that could be? ~she says as she bats her eyelashes innocently~

Signature 

Posted: 22 July 2012 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Hehehe raspberry

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 23 July 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Oh I wish I had a tablet. I have been promising myself one for near on 3 years. I can do a lot of fine work with a mouse but this latest task is becoming a task. LOL Anyways after more tests I am coming to the conclusion to get the best effect of blur/grey veins under the skin will take some fine work in GIMP/Photoshop. I know what is needed to get the job done. I am using ny own skickie out viens as my template. smile So I am off to get a tablet. smile

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 28 August 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2005-08-26

These renders, especially the DAZ ones are truely inspiring! I hate rendering in DAZ because most of my skin and etc. come out shiny and plastic looking. I Do have Uber’s lighting sets and etc though, So maybe I aught to get to studying them more! A Film student I knew during college once said “It’s all about the lighting”.

Signature 

My Renders: My DeviantArt Gallery
Revenger is always looking to meet 3d artists of all levels. FB me if you want to share, or just hangout in the background: http://www.facebook.com/revenger681

6 of 34