I really should have added this was done in DS3A using a number of tricks and rendering different layers for compositing in Photoshop. Two reasons 1; PC memory and CPU power issues (as in not enough of both) and 2; I have more control, doing layers, in Photoshop than having to re-render the image again. I used AOA Atmo cams, Dreamlight’s Mood Master 2, Uber Volume for the laser beam inside a cylinder parented to the Laser pointer on the Mech. The muzzle flashes, same thing props parented to the guns. Fire I used Jack Tomalin’s fire prop for the Library. I also added two planes and applied two flame maps made by using Ron’s Fire Brushes and making transmaps for them both. They were then placed behind the Mech. The fire rendered taller as they are shown here as the smoke and spark postwork started to block out the upper parts of the flames which for me worked in my favour. TIP: Don’t be afraid to lose detail for effect. The smoke was built up of many layers, parts erased where I hadn’t made Masks. Some smoke layers have an orange to red tinge at the base to give the illusion of fire light.
If there is enough interest I can make a tut on how I made the last image. But it is a lot of work so the interest needs to be there. But if people think that image was not that good then I suppose it wouldn’t help much if I did a walkthrough. I am just saying.
Just to give you some idea these two are renders straight out of Daz Studio 3A (The second image is minus the Mood Master layers). Apart from Mood Master 2 you can do this in Daz Studio 4.0 +.
Click thumbnail to see full-size image