Digital Art Zone

10 of 40
Time for sharing, what I have no idea!
Posted: 18 November 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2012-02-04
Szark - 18 November 2012 08:37 AM

Thanks in regards to “You surely turned into a complete artist in such small time.” but I don’t see it as I do what looks right…but I do relaise as it has been pointed out to me before if I don’t think too much about composition and get it right, mostly, then I must have a natural flair for it. This may be true or it may be a case of sticking visually with the rule of third etc.
As for art in everyday life, I agree, gardening is another passion of mine. Living art, each season year on year the picture changes…love that so much.
So for reading books, big problem there for me. But thanks for the snipets. What I need is to go back to college and do an art course to learn the fundementals and understand and realise I am using them and how well.
I think that is my problem not being exposed to much art in my life well apart from Constable, my dad took me to an exhibition when Constable was on tour and came to NZ. smile Plus I am still learning about colours and how the compliemnt or contrast…I am always looking at my colour wheel. smile
My main problem is bringing all these aspects in to every image I do. Some I think of other aspects and some I forget. When I get them right then I am happy with the results.
Experiment; yes I do all the time with evey image. This is one reason I try not to do same things, not get stuck in an artistic rut so to speak.
Again thank you for taking to time to share I have learnt a lot from this and the other posts you have made.

Its a pleasure to share!

Yes, going to school is always good, you would get in touch with all kinds of different influences and ideas, but there is a tendency of getting only what is new, and forgetting the old ways.

Oh, of course!!! Here, you can also see and hear Gombrich book in a series of lectures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEgpUgOXq28

Of course if you can go to art museums it would be an invaluable experience, but a good practice is to buy an art book every month or two at Amazon or Barnes. One of that big ones, full of images. We never read the text, but to look at the photos is fenomenal. I also subscribe to some art magazines on Zinio (http://www.zinio.com). They are really cheap and this way I can see some of what today artists are doing. Also, there are many photography sites around in the web, I like to make searches and just see what people posts.
Another thing I do, if parents or friends are going Europe, I ask them to send me museums catalogs. Tons of great reproductions on these.
Thinking of our medium with DS/Poser, its also great to pay attention to sculptors. Rodin is a favorite of mine, and Degas.

Also many videos about Arnheim: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rudolph+arnheim&oq=rudolph+arnheim&gs_l=youtube.3…19679.21910.0.22935.8.8.0.0.0.0.313.1541.2j2j3j1.8.0…0.0…1ac.1.z14JaNZ77k4

There are some videos with Umberto Eco also, but they will deal basically with semiotics, another topic I really like, but not what we are talking about here.

I guess the main thing is story of art (I dont know if this is really true or I think that only because I like it (: ), to know the ideas and influences that made techniques to flourish and die, arriving to our time where all ideas and techiniques are valid, a truly special moment in history we dont appreciate enough.

About you being a complete artist: you are, and you not feeling it is even more confirmation: an artist must keep learning and growing all the time, the moment he thinks he is complete, he stops… we should follow Socrates here: the more we know, more we will know what we dont know (yet I hope (: ).

Posted: 21 November 2012 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8348
Joined  2009-05-14

2Fatbear I will take a good look at those links sometime in December when I am not so busy. Thanks for all this, it is much appreciated.

OK my latest work, just having some fun with layers and atmospheric camara effects.

Image Attachments
SouksSoulBest.jpg
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 21 November 2012 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2196
Joined  2011-11-16

Very nice Szark smile

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 21 November 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Thanks Gedd

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 27 December 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1804
Joined  2012-09-16

Woah, I came across your thread and I am very impressed!
Love the Blackjack card especially!

Signature 

Studio DB Page
DeviantArt page

Need a review or looking for tips? Pay a visit HERE

Posted: 27 December 2012 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Thank you Estroyer yeah that one seems to get a lot of comments. Mind you I still think it is one of my better ones. smile

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 29 December 2012 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Here is what I have been working on for a while now and I have a long way to go until it is finished. I want to render this really big so I can print it off and hang it on the wall.

Rendered in DS3A as 4.5 would crash with all that in one scene. Plus a lot of postwork to add the atmosphere and sun/rays.

I had to make some new signs in blender too, that was fun to do and yes I have been told about the spelling mistake. smile

Image Attachments
BiggirBest_copy8Adj_copy3small.jpgab2.jpgbling.jpgcyborg.jpgvapour.jpg
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 29 December 2012 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Awesome Szark, just Awesome. Watching very close to see it as it grows.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 29 December 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Thanks Jaderail
It is going to take a while to finish. I am guessing around 6 months or so.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 29 December 2012 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Szark - 29 December 2012 08:58 AM

Thanks Jaderail
It is going to take a while to finish. I am guessing around 6 months or so.

That’s dedication, but I understand. I’m six months in on my Primitves project and still not ready to start yet.

I collect Poster Size 3D stuff done by the users here. I hope you offer it for Print when done. I have a place on my wall just perfect for it.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 29 December 2012 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

That is the plan to sell prints of it.

“I’m six months in on my Primitves project ” what is that then I am intrigued?

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 29 December 2012 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m working on following a small Family group (Think Mammoth hunters) through a full year of life. All renders only, Text to support the story but the renders will speak the words. Finding items has been the hard part.

Signature 

Posted: 29 December 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Cool project I look forward to seeing you start.

Tell me about it I need a number of things for my project all wishlisted for now. Each month I will get something to go in to the scene. This is another reason why it will take so long. smile I am going to model some more signs and a futuristic tram/train too. Plus a newsstand like you have never seen before. I have already sketched the design, now I just need to make it.

Oh and that first sign above I didn’t model the Hoverboard just the support. The Hoverboard was a freebie many moons ago but it came with no readme and no mats so I had to make some textures but first I had to save out the uvmapping with Blender and strip out some geometery.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 29 December 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3043
Joined  2004-04-14
Szark - 29 December 2012 06:46 AM

Here is what I have been working on for a while now and I have a long way to go until it is finished. I want to render this really big so I can print it off and hang it on the wall.

Rendered in DS3A as 4.5 would crash with all that in one scene. Plus a lot of postwork to add the atmosphere and sun/rays.

I hade to make som new signs in blender too, that was fun to do and yes I have been told about the spelling mistake. smile

That is extremely impressive!!!

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 29 December 2012 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14