Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4910
Joined  2009-02-26
RCDeschene - 26 August 2013 06:33 PM
KickAir 8P - 26 August 2013 02:54 PM
Cagnazzo82 - 26 August 2013 12:51 PM
SereneNight - 25 August 2013 01:39 PM

I admit, I do think M6 or at least genesis male base should’ve come out before girl 6.

I hope M6 comes out in September or October. I know I will buy the pro bundle.

Technically they can still release she-freak 6 prior to M6 :S

Didn’t they already?  hmmm

Exactly.

I think Gia was their new strong and fit built lady. For a long time, the name “she-freak” upset a fair few customers, the debate on her name was sparked all over the place. I think Daz studio not only wanted a newly imagined woman, but they also wanted to eliminate the name which caused a stir smile

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 26 August 2013 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4274
Joined  2011-11-25

I don’t care for the freak name either. But they didn’t seem to have objections to a male freak.

Posted: 26 August 2013 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2011-01-22
Spyro - 26 August 2013 06:54 PM
RCDeschene - 26 August 2013 06:33 PM
KickAir 8P - 26 August 2013 02:54 PM
Cagnazzo82 - 26 August 2013 12:51 PM
SereneNight - 25 August 2013 01:39 PM

I admit, I do think M6 or at least genesis male base should’ve come out before girl 6.

I hope M6 comes out in September or October. I know I will buy the pro bundle.

Technically they can still release she-freak 6 prior to M6 :S

Didn’t they already?  hmmm

Exactly.

I think Gia was their new strong and fit built lady. For a long time, the name “she-freak” upset a fair few customers, the debate on her name was sparked all over the place. I think Daz studio not only wanted a newly imagined woman, but they also wanted to eliminate the name which caused a stir smile

Haha, were people really offended by she-freak?  That’s funny.

I always thought it was just a play off she-hulk… which the model clearly got a couple cues from.

But yeah, i was being somewhat facetious with my previous comment.  It’s like we’ve run the gamut of literally every female character that can be released.

Who else is left?  I mean the Girl 6 before Michael 6? 

I never even *knew* there was a 1 through 5 confused

Posted: 26 August 2013 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
SereneNight - 26 August 2013 06:56 PM

I don’t care for the freak name either. But they didn’t seem to have objections to a male freak.

lol true that. I spoke to a friend of mine recently, she’s an artist, but a traditional one. I told her of all the character lines in our 3D community and what area of age/build they fulfill. She is very fascinated, but expressed concern for the names Freak and She-freak respectively and she has no affiliation with 3d art at all.

I agree Freak is certainly a debatable name. But who knows, he might become the next “G” named character for generation 6 LOL

Signature 

Posted: 26 August 2013 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2011-01-22
Spyro - 26 August 2013 07:05 PM

lol true that. I spoke to a friend of mine recently, she’s an artist, but a traditional one. I told her of all the character lines in our 3D community and what area of age/build they fulfill. She is very fascinated, but expressed concern for the names Freak and She-freak respectively and she has no affiliation with 3d art at all.

I agree Freak is certainly a debatable name. But who knows, he might become the next “G” named character for generation 6 LOL

Instead of the ‘Freak’ maybe next time around it’s going to be He-Gia. smile

Posted: 26 August 2013 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

ROFL LOL

Signature 

Posted: 27 August 2013 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  163
Joined  2006-09-14
Herakleia - 18 August 2013 01:44 PM

Any news on him?

They are still trying to find his toast.

Signature 

My life and times: http://bryonlape.com/

Posted: 27 August 2013 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

Poor M6. He’s going to run a way from home, especially if he doesn’t get his own set of underwear and has to keep borrowing M4’s. . =-) He-Gia makes me crack up.

I can only think the radio-free silence on M6, means we are going to get him sooner rather than later. I can only hope. =-)

Posted: 28 August 2013 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1540
Joined  2010-02-14
Cagnazzo82 - 26 August 2013 07:00 PM

But yeah, i was being somewhat facetious with my previous comment.  It’s like we’ve run the gamut of literally every female character that can be released.

Who else is left?  I mean the Girl 6 before Michael 6? 

I never even *knew* there was a 1 through 5 confused

A few, actually: Stephanie, Aiko, Young Teens, and Kids.

DAZ Iconic Characters don’t go by actual version, each follows the number of the generation itself. like most characters, Girl ‘s first installment was in Gen 3, then was upgraded to Gen 4, and was skipped in Gen 5 to return now in Gen 6. David had the same treatment, though he was the absent figure in Gen 4 and reappeared in Gen 5.

Actually, funny you say this, back when I was taking Poser one semester, I was talking about DAZ 3D to the class and explained to them all the characters. Everything was fine and interesting until I showed them Freak & She Freak. All interest was then discouraged when the only female in the group, who happened to be a feminist, expressed a great discontent with the strong-built female being labeled as a “freak”. As much as I tried to explain the reasons why, it only seemed to have dug the ill feelings deeper for them.

“Oh no, it’s not to call a strong woman a freak, it’s that she the female counterpart of the main Freak’s concept.” “Oh, I see, so these developers are trying to send the message that it’a abnormal for women to be buff.” “No, the developers are trying to market a couple of distinctly exaggerated characters for potentially non-human use. Freak & She Freak are supposed to be Sci-fi/Fantasy characters.” “Well, that’s not what I’m seeing being featured on that promo page. I’m not seeing a monster, I’m seeing a completely human female who happens to be very built with the name “freak” directly attached to it. So if I were these “award-winning” developers of yours, I’d tell them they’re mis-marketing their figures.”

This is probably why in Gen 5, all DAZ had to say was pretty much “We’re not going to market She Freak ourselves anymore [because it’s too risky], so if you still want her, make her yourself.” Though, I don’t think they’re ever going to change Freak’s name, seeing as how he’s too Iconic for actually being one and being called so every generation. She Freak of the other hand, while traditionally Freak’s counterpart, isn’t actually an official Icon, no more than Reby Sky was (even though she got her own Gen 4 Iconic Shape for Genesis). She Freak was a stand-alone character only once for a brief time until she was recreated as a mere customized character for Victoria, since.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 28 August 2013 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

To me: she freak is clearly a spin off of Hulk. Can’t use Hulk, because it is copyrighted so, use freak instead.  I’d probably use Amazon or Bodybuilder.

Posted: 28 August 2013 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1816
Joined  2005-06-08
Cagnazzo82 - 26 August 2013 07:15 PM

Instead of the ‘Freak’ maybe next time around it’s going to be He-Gia. smile

I’m rooting for “George”!  tongue laugh

I’m glad to get away from the Freak/SheFreak nomenclature too, but IMHO Gia’s lacks the versatility needed to fill the slot —  only one monolithic bodyshape, no ability to work with individual muscle groups . . . Gia could’ve been what got me on board with G2F, but she just left me flat.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 28 August 2013 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I’m hoping the Muscularity morphs will appear for G2M and G2F when finally G2M rocks up. I’m surprised Muscularity morphs pack for G2F weren’t out at release.

I know I certainly use Evolution Muscle morphs all the time with every character I make in Genesis(1).

Signature 

Posted: 28 August 2013 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2011-11-11

The only thing I happened to notice was in the post announcing Carrara 8.5 I noticed that they mentioned full support for weight-mapped figures and then listed Genesis, G2F and G2M. Not sure if that was a slip, a hint that it’s coming soon or just a “hey you know it’s coming eventually and yes, 8.5 will support him”.

Signature 

Andrew Dacey
Photographer
Geek

Posted: 28 August 2013 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2010-10-15

Other than a “young teen” for G2, there isn’t much left to exploit in female G2. Time for male G2?.

Posted: 01 September 2013 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1540
Joined  2010-02-14
nobody1954 - 28 August 2013 01:44 PM

Other than a “young teen” for G2, there isn’t much left to exploit in female G2. Time for male G2?.

There is, like I said previously. G2F still needs a realistic petite shape (Stephanie), an anime genre shape (Aiko), clothing and skins for youths (Young Teens and Kids) and LOADS of ethnicity and creature support, all of which the original Genesis currently still has over her.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

4 of 4