2 of 4
Michael 6?
Posted: 23 August 2013 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1794
Joined  2005-06-08
Spyro - 23 August 2013 06:53 AM

The marketing department will flip out if/when they realize the only iconic characters left to release are all male tongue wink

Granting that I think they should’ve released V6 and M6 simultaneously, I think they should release M6 next (with realistic malegens, we’re all artists here), then Aiko6 & Hiro6 simultaneously — most of the people who use anime figures are illustrating stories, they need both genders.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 23 August 2013 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  921
Joined  2004-06-13

Just to be a nit-picking wizenhiemer, they should have releases Genesis 2 Male at the same time as Genesis 2 Female.  V6 and (eventual)M6 are character morphs, can’t have the characters without the bases.

Signature 

Push buttons, see what happens!

Posted: 23 August 2013 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3834
Joined  2011-11-25

I would love the release of genesis 2 male base, and child morphs if any. =-)

Posted: 23 August 2013 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1290
Joined  2010-02-14
KickAir 8P - 23 August 2013 07:07 AM

The marketing department will flip out if/when they realize the only iconic characters left to release are all male tongue wink

Granting that I think they should’ve released V6 and M6 simultaneously, I think they should release M6 next (with realistic malegens, we’re all artists here), then Aiko6 & Hiro6 simultaneously — most of the people who use anime figures are illustrating stories, they need both genders.

Granted A6 & H6 are a couple again.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 23 August 2013 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2847
Joined  0

I imagine it’ll go like this:

- Aiko 6
- Stephanie 6
- She-Freak 6
- M6
- Hiro 6
- Freak 6
- David 6
- Victoria 7

Just my gut feeling.

Signature 

My bloggity blog: http://the-serpents-fang.blogspot.com/
My Red Room Authors Page: http://redroom.com/member/edward-averill

Posted: 23 August 2013 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4750
Joined  2009-02-26
Woolyloach - 23 August 2013 09:39 AM

- Aiko 6
- Stephanie 6
- She-Freak 6
- M6
- Hiro 6
- Freak 6
- David 6
- Victoria 7

Just my gut feeling.

Sadly I get the same feeling wooly.

Signature 

- - My Render Thread - - My Deviant Art - - xSPYROx Freebies - -

Posted: 23 August 2013 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

Hmm…

Image Attachments
oawfs[1].jpg
 Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 23 August 2013 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

Damn, you both beat me to it…

I say, good! Let the girls have their hour of fame. Then when G2M comes out with the boys they’ll get more attention in the store and, in doing so, will get them more sales. Let those tables finally turn! >:D

Though, with Gia around, I wouldn’t hold my breath for a SF6…

Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 23 August 2013 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2458
Joined  2004-04-14

The problem with releasing both male and female characters are the same time is getting enough support for both.  Its best to relase just one character and allow PAs to work on it then try to double it up.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 23 August 2013 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
Mattymanx - 23 August 2013 11:18 AM

The problem with releasing both male and female characters are the same time is getting enough support for both.  Its best to relase just one character and allow PAs to work on it then try to double it up.

You say that like there’s some way for you to know — since it’s never been done, I wonder how?

I’ve no doubt that having the opposite gender figure immediately available will boost the sales of both Aiko6 and Hiro6, but there will be other, currently unknown, factors involved:  how well product conversions between G2F and G2M work, how well the figures and accessories meet the needs of anime artists and fanartists, if potential customers see the pricing as fair, if available spending money hasn’t already been consumed by DAZ’s figure-of-the-month plan, etc.

Still, Aiko6 / Hiro6 would be an excellent test case, since their user base relies on having both genders more so than other figures/characters.  If the PAs aren’t willing to support these customers of their own volition, DAZ can commission the needed products, from outside the current stable if necessary.

Signature 

~

Posted: 23 August 2013 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1410
Joined  2008-11-10
KickAir 8P - 23 August 2013 11:46 AM

You say that like there’s some way for you to know — since it’s never been done, I wonder how?

I’ve no doubt that having the opposite gender figure immediately available will boost the sales of both Aiko6 and Hiro6, but there will be other, currently unknown, factors involved:  how well product conversions between G2F and G2M work, how well the figures and accessories meet the needs of anime artists and fanartists, if potential customers see the pricing as fair, if available spending money hasn’t already been consumed by DAZ’s figure-of-the-month plan, etc.

Still, Aiko6 / Hiro6 would be an excellent test case, since their user base relies on having both genders more so than other figures/characters.  If the PAs aren’t willing to support these customers of their own volition, DAZ can commission the needed products, from outside the current stable if necessary.

This is an extremely bad idea. Dividing your attention between things is never as good as focusing on one.

I’ll tell you what exactly what would happen.

PAs would make items for the female.

The male would get NOTHING or the items would be inferior to what’s in the female bundle. People would complain because the difference would be obvious.

PAs already choose what they want to make for a figure, selecting between two at the same time…. yeah, you’re asking for trouble wink

Promoting one figure properly, ensuring the bundles get enough content is hard enough; two figures would really be impossible.

Release one, focus marketing and products on that is always the best choice.

Edit: That’s not to mention that people already balk at the price of the bundles, and now having two release at the same time? Most people couldn’t afford to get both.

Posted: 23 August 2013 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
Male-M3dia - 23 August 2013 01:32 PM

This is an extremely bad idea. Dividing your attention between things is never as good as focusing on one.

I’ll tell you what exactly what would happen.

PAs would make items for the female.

The male would get NOTHING or the items would be inferior to what’s in the female bundle. People would complain because the difference would be obvious.

PAs already choose what they want to make for a figure, selecting between two at the same time…. yeah, you’re asking for trouble wink

Promoting one figure properly, ensuring the bundles get enough content is hard enough; two figures would really be impossible . . .

Two figures is what’s already been happening, simply separated by months or years.  The male figure getting items inferior to what’s available for the equivalent female has also been happening for years — it got better with Genesis, but we never got anything close to parity.  Now that we’re back to a gender split and we’ve seen three base figures in three months?  “Promoting one figure properly” has been significantly redefined.

As for PAs refusing to provision the male figure, that’s why I suggested DAZ commission what’s needed.  Each PA will usually act in what that PA considers his/her own best interest — hopefully DAZ realizes that providing the customers with what we’ve been saying we want for years will make them more money.

Signature 

~

Posted: 23 August 2013 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  433
Joined  2009-07-24
Woolyloach - 23 August 2013 09:39 AM

- Aiko 6
- Stephanie 6
- She-Freak 6
- M6
- Hiro 6
- Freak 6
- David 6
- Victoria 7

Just my gut feeling.

My gut feeling:
- Aiko 6
- Stephanie 6
- Victoria 7 - Introducing the amazing Genesis 3V with a mesh that will only work as V7 (no morphs) but the bends look so realistic and the clothes fit perfectly!
- Stephanie 7 (Genesis 3S)
- Michael 5.5 - (Using Genesis 2 Androgynous. Males aren’t special enough to keep the females from progressing.)
- Victoria 8 - Introducing Genesis 4F which uses AI to decide for you what morphs and clothing options are best for you based on your cell phone and email history along with your medical records. It automatically downloads them and charges your credit card also sending a 10% donation to Citizens United Against Humans.

Apologies in advance to anyone who does not find my cynicism humorous. It’s been a horrible week and even worse day, but I smiled when I thought of this.

Signature 

Someone please tell me what is so great about this century.

Posted: 23 August 2013 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  0

I’ve no doubt that having the opposite gender figure immediately available will boost the sales of both Aiko6 and Hiro6

Except that people would have to shell out money for 2 figures at the same time, which might be difficult for a lot of people. With separated releases at least the wallet can recover a bit between the two…

Posted: 23 August 2013 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1410
Joined  2008-11-10
Leana - 23 August 2013 03:09 PM

I’ve no doubt that having the opposite gender figure immediately available will boost the sales of both Aiko6 and Hiro6

Except that people would have to shell out money for 2 figures at the same time, which might be difficult for a lot of people. With separated releases at least the wallet can recover a bit between the two…

Exactly. That between getting people to actually commission (remember, PAs still get to choose what to support), a dual release is a very bad idea all the way around.

2 of 4