Digital Art Zone

DS4 weirdness and Tori
Posted: 23 June 2012 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1592
Joined  2005-02-25

First just frustrated because after reinstalling uber lights and stuff, they still don’t work in Daz 4 for me!!!

Second, Tori loads with her skin on full reflection??? 100%? SHe renders like a glass bulb! Grrrr

Third, I keep forgetting that altho pwCatch was supposedly “updated’ to work in DS4 it doesn’t work correctly.

Thus adds up to… I wasted all night on a render that came out all messed up.

Just another rant; just venting.  Sigh.

ESPECIALLY the lights and the pwCatch…. I use pwCatch like 90% of the time in DS3 an not being able to use it in DS4 is a real killer. :(

Posted: 23 June 2012 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

There was a technique that Carnite taught us using Shader Mixer to create all sorts of shadows that you could plop finished renders onto photos. Her’s the YT tutotials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo2OVy9tf8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrWtXnijQ_k

If you’re unfamiliar with Shader Mixer, don’t worry, it isn’t that difficult when you get to learn some ‘recipes’. It’s all about trying out and testing. I hope this helps despite not mentioning pwCatch. As to reflection, you should go into the Surfaces-tab, scroll down to Reflections, and see if it’s cranked up. Delete any maps in the reflection-channel and set it to 0%.

Posted: 23 June 2012 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1592
Joined  2005-02-25

Norse Graphics, thanks a LOT!!!! I have been going mad not using pwCatch! This obviously can’t do as much as pwCatch but it’s still a long ways ahead of what I’ve been able to do with the buggy DS4 pwCatch version.  This will definitely be a life saver! THANK YOU! :D

Posted: 23 June 2012 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

I’m glad to be of any help, belovedalia.