Digital Art Zone

Have I got Daz Studio set up properly?
Posted: 17 August 2013 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2011-09-20

Hi guys   smile

I needed to get a close-up renter of a hand in Daz Studio and I noticed the fingers had this strange rectangular/flat quality to them (picture attached) and that led me to wonder whether I’ve got my models in Daz set up properly generally.

When I click ‘Vicky’ in my ‘People’ tab, it loads Vicky’s skin onto the basic model with no breasts or distinct female features. I have to then choose the ‘Basic Female’ actor to get the female features.

Is this normal and do I have everything set up correctly?  smile

Thanks!

Image Attachments
daz-hand.jpg

Posted: 17 August 2013 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13606
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, or at least there’s nothing obviously wrong - Genesis is neuter by default, with the Basic morphs (or morphs like Victoria 5 or Michael 5) adding the sexual characteristics to the shape.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 17 August 2013 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

And umm.. looking at my fingers they are oblong and such. Remember this is a Figure and not 100% perfect real. But close enough for good Pictures.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 18 August 2013 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  684
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m not a Studio4 or Genesis expert so I don’t know if this is possible, but in Studio3 you can select a bodypart and “unhide” the hidden parameters, and often you can find individual settings for the X,Y,Z size for that individual bodypart.  If you find a way to do that in Studio4 and the Genesis figures you could probably thicken your fingers a bit without it being terribly noticeable or tearing your joints apart.

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 18 August 2013 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1325
Joined  2003-10-09

You can also use Dformers to make slight modifications if you wish.