Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Old Bryce tutorials from Daz?
Posted: 26 June 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2010-12-13

Hmm, I just downloaded this pack, and although the installation was a bit of a mess, I cleaned it up and everything seems to work in B7 Pro:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-5-0-content-pack/
There are tuts in there, I have not gone through them yet. It comes as a bushel basket of separate installers. On another note, even though these are older installers, the files were not all corrupted. I need to re-download the largest one, but the others were fine.

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

Posted: 26 June 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16113
Joined  2003-10-09

I see no reason why the files should have been corrupted, just becasue it is older content.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 26 June 2012 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-13
chohole - 26 June 2012 02:53 PM

I see no reason why the files should have been corrupted, just becasue it is older content.

Daz seems to have fixed the generic store problem with corrupted downloads. This mostly affected the older Bitrock installers, which I believe this pack consists of. The logo is the old circle with the “Z” in it. The latest Daz Studio content installers were not affected by the download corruption (a web server error at the end of the file), but the older content installers would not run without being fixed first. Just reporting that these installers work fine. I did just downloaded the one I had trouble with (220MB), and it works too.

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery

Posted: 26 June 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1281
Joined  2008-03-30
Slimer_J_Spud - 26 June 2012 02:35 PM

Hmm, I just downloaded this pack, and although the installation was a bit of a mess, I cleaned it up and everything seems to work in B7 Pro:
There are tuts in there, I have not gone through them yet. It comes as a bushel basket of separate installers. On another note, even though these are older installers, the files were not all corrupted. I need to re-download the largest one, but the others were fine.

I have everything extracted, but where does it all go?

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 26 June 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-13
IanzThingz - 26 June 2012 03:04 PM

Ahem! That was the challenge. Bryce is a funny animal. It insists on having all its content installed in the same place as the executable. On a Vista/Win7 system, this forces you to install the program somewhere OTHER than in Program Files (x86), which is where a 32 bit program would go by default. A simple choice would be C:\Bryce, or on any other drive.

Once you pass that test, the next is where to actually put stuff. Bryce7, AFAIK, wants all installed content in the “Presets” folder found directly in the top of the installation. There are sub folders. Scene files can essentially go anywhere, as you just load them from the File menu. The older installers insisted on creating folders like “Daz Content” and “Content” which I believe do not match the Presets convention. I’m far from a Bryce expert, but I merged the installed content into the existing Presets folders of the correct category (Skies, Textures, etc) and I was able to find them in the various Bryce menus, so it sees them now. I don’t know what would have happened if I had left them in the “Daz Content” folders.

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery

Posted: 26 June 2012 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1281
Joined  2008-03-30
Slimer_J_Spud - 26 June 2012 03:26 PM
IanzThingz - 26 June 2012 03:04 PM

Ahem! That was the challenge. Bryce is a funny animal. It insists on having all its content installed in the same place as the executable. On a Vista/Win7 system, this forces you to install the program somewhere OTHER than in Program Files (x86), which is where a 32 bit program would go by default. A simple choice would be C:\Bryce, or on any other drive.

Once you pass that test, the next is where to actually put stuff. Bryce7, AFAIK, wants all installed content in the “Presets” folder found directly in the top of the installation. There are sub folders. Scene files can essentially go anywhere, as you just load them from the File menu. The older installers insisted on creating folders like “Daz Content” and “Content” which I believe do not match the Presets convention. I’m far from a Bryce expert, but I merged the installed content into the existing Presets folders of the correct category (Skies, Textures, etc) and I was able to find them in the various Bryce menus, so it sees them now. I don’t know what would have happened if I had left them in the “Daz Content” folders.

Cheers Spud, I pass the first test, so i’ll have a bash at moving the content over, thanks again smile

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

2 of 2