Digital Art Zone

43 of 43
First impressions of Dawn?.....V4 is safe.
Posted: 29 November 2013 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 631 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2245
Joined  2005-09-05
Kyoto Kid - 29 November 2013 12:52 AM

...the whole cloning thing escapes me. I read through a couple tutorials but just don’t quite get it.  Already messed up my base enesis once by saving some assets imported by GenX Took a while to find out where they were to remove them and restore the base figure. Din;t want to go through that again.

kk…there is some good information over at hw it’s definitely worth a look…

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 29 November 2013 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 632 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2004-08-11

Messing with the Uber Area Lights.  Couldn’t seem to get an object made into a light so I loaded up a premade tube light. 

This is my Weslea FBM for Dawn.  Environment made by me too…..

Image Attachments
UberLightbarResults.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 07 December 2013 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 633 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2008-11-18

I’ve got a really stupid question coming.

I am using Daz Studio 64 bit version 4.6

I have my Dawn morphed the way I want her, with a morph I created. It is only one morph dial.

What is the easiest way for me to create an inj rem for my Dawn that I could pack up so others could use it too?

After I pack it up, I would even let a few of you test it to let me know if I’m doing it right or not.

Posted: 07 December 2013 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 634 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2834
Joined  2006-07-31

_If_ Dawn uses _only_ the morph you created by yourself, you don’t have to create Inj/Rem for DS users. You can redistribute the morph (you created) as dsf file, and create a character preset (in Save As -> Save as Asset -> Character Preset) that will dial it for you. For that, dial your morph and save it as character preset.

I don’t know how Poser works in this respect, sorry.

To redistribute a morph, create a hierarchy that mirrors the location of the morph on your computer and copy your morph into proper folder, say
Content/data/HiveWire3D/Dawn/Morphs/<your name>/<name of character>/charactermorph.dsf

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 07 December 2013 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 635 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-18
Kattey - 07 December 2013 08:17 AM

(in Save As -> Save as Asset -> Character Preset)

Okay, I have no store bought characters or morphs or free things for Dawn, the only thing I have is Dawn.

Now, I’m sending the morph into Dawn from Hexagon using the bridge.

Now from Daz Studio I’ve got; File > SaveAs > ? I don’t know? I do not have Save as Asset, and looking under Support Asset, there is not a Character Preset option.

My version of Studio, 4.6 does not have Save As -> Save as Asset -> Character Preset

There is a depreciated Character Preset.

Image Attachments
1.JPG2.jpg3.jpg

Posted: 07 December 2013 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 636 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-18

sorry for double post

Posted: 07 December 2013 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 637 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2834
Joined  2006-07-31

To save a morph, go to Save As -> Support Asset -> Morph Asset(s) (on your first screenshot)

To save a character preset, go Save As -> Character Preset (you have another one that isn’t in Deprecated, look above Support Assets on your first screenshot).

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 07 December 2013 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 638 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  219
Joined  0
RAMWolff - 26 November 2013 01:07 PM

11 female shapes I’ve developed for Dawn to go with all the BrunoD shapes.

The first one has the default Dawn to the far right…

This part of the pack includes 11 FBM’s with head shapes, 7 head and 7 body shapes….. all done in ZBrush..

Holy smokes, RAM - these are awesome!

Posted: 07 December 2013 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 639 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  219
Joined  0
RAMWolff - 30 September 2013 12:34 PM

Just got through refitting Deecey’s “Carnie” outfit to Dawn DS since it was made for Poser.  I’ve uploaded the files to her so hopefully a DAZ Studio version will be made available soon.  Here is a render I just did using her fabulous set making use of my refits and surface tweaks, also fitted the Timeless Male Hair from Goldtassel to Dawn via ZBrush (really nice hair and happy with the refitting) and Tosca’s Nikki! 2 distance lights and 2 spot lights with some light diffuse colors to set things off nicely. Background is a background fill. Not sure where I got that set from.

OMG!  Thank you!  I’ve had that outfit in my wish list since it came out, but I’ve been holding out for a DS version.

Posted: 07 December 2013 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 640 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-18
Kattey - 07 December 2013 07:50 PM

To save a morph, go to Save As -> Support Asset -> Morph Asset(s) (on your first screenshot)

To save a character preset, go Save As -> Character Preset (you have another one that isn’t in Deprecated, look above Support Assets on your first screenshot).

Thank you Katty I am sending you a pm

Posted: 07 December 2013 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 641 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2004-08-11
maraich - 07 December 2013 07:58 PM
RAMWolff - 30 September 2013 12:34 PM

Just got through refitting Deecey’s “Carnie” outfit to Dawn DS since it was made for Poser.  I’ve uploaded the files to her so hopefully a DAZ Studio version will be made available soon.  Here is a render I just did using her fabulous set making use of my refits and surface tweaks, also fitted the Timeless Male Hair from Goldtassel to Dawn via ZBrush (really nice hair and happy with the refitting) and Tosca’s Nikki! 2 distance lights and 2 spot lights with some light diffuse colors to set things off nicely. Background is a background fill. Not sure where I got that set from.

OMG!  Thank you!  I’ve had that outfit in my wish list since it came out, but I’ve been holding out for a DS version.

Your most welcome but you’ll have to write Deecey about getting the updated files as I don’t know what she’s doing with them.  I passed those over to her a while back now.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

43 of 43