Digital Art Zone

42 of 43
First impressions of Dawn?.....V4 is safe.
Posted: 14 October 2013 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 616 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2008-11-18
Vaskania - 14 October 2013 03:44 PM

That 2nd headshot of Bruno reminds me of someone, and I’m going to drive myself crazy trying to think of who/where I saw him. I can see him running around in my brain, but can’t pinpoint a movie or anything. Was he by chance modeled after someone? It may save me a headache. lol

At a glance some of the images reminded me of a young Scott Hall

Here is a screen shot of my eye problem. I would be more than thankful for any help.

edit, I’ve almost got it fixed using several small D-formers

Image Attachments
broke_eye.JPG

Posted: 17 October 2013 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 617 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-07-24

If any is interessed, a male version of DAWN is available on Renderosity since october.
The product is called “DAWN Boyfriend Set”.
Seems to be very complete with a full male texture, clothes, shoes and accessories.

Posted: 17 October 2013 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 618 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4531
Joined  2004-08-11

Did you create a morph?  The eye issue might be due to to sinking back the lids into the eyeball.  I know in ZBrush I import the morph and just mask off the eyeball and pull the lashes and eyelid out with the Move brush, save that out making sure to use the EXACT name of the morph so it corrects rather than creates a whole new morph.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 17 October 2013 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 619 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11
bill gate - 17 October 2013 08:49 PM

If any is interessed, a male version of DAWN is available on Renderosity since october.
The product is called “DAWN Boyfriend Set”.
Seems to be very complete with a full male texture, clothes, shoes and accessories.

Saw that, pecs look very odd to me, very flat.  Unlike Genesis the geometry and weight mapping on Dawn is more forgiving and allows one to make a realistic pec shape and not have it cave in when the arms are raised above the head.  It was one of my main pet peeves of Genesis 01!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 17 October 2013 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 620 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2008-05-05

When making morphs, my eye issues were mainly with the lashes—very difficult to visualize all 3 layers at once.  As for the eyes themselves… When I moved the eye sockets in the morphing process, I just had to be sure that the INJ pose included corrections in the scale/location of the eyes so they fit without a gap.  I also ended up using a few dforms to make the lashes cooperate.  smile

Image Attachments
FaeriePepper.jpg
 Signature 

One in 150 children is diagnosed with autism. One is mine.

My deviantArt Gallery: http://karibous-boutique.deviantart.com/
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 27 October 2013 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 621 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Been working on some poses for BrunoD.  FREE of course in case some mod is getting any wild ideas about my posts. 

Image Attachments
BrunoD_-_SexyWallPose.jpgBrunoD-GroundPrepare.jpgBrunoD-PeaceMan.jpgBrunoD_-_Contemplation.jpgBrunoD-PunchBlock.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 26 November 2013 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 622 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

11 female shapes I’ve developed for Dawn to go with all the BrunoD shapes.

The first one has the default Dawn to the far right…

This part of the pack includes 11 FBM’s with head shapes, 7 head and 7 body shapes….. all done in ZBrush..

Image Attachments
DawnShapes01.jpgDawnShapes02.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 26 November 2013 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 623 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3361
Joined  2009-08-05

@RAMWolff. These look better than the official morph pack:) Nice work.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 26 November 2013 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 624 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2005-05-17

very nice work Richard

Posted: 26 November 2013 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 625 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10937
Joined  2007-11-06

...hmmm these morphs might get me to actually install Dawn as I only have the basic figure. Can’t afford to build a whole new library of hair clothing, morphs and poses right now.  Heck, I can barely afford PC stiff here in the Daz store.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 26 November 2013 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 626 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1094
Joined  2003-12-16
Kyoto Kid - 26 November 2013 03:11 PM

...hmmm these morphs might get me to actually install Dawn as I only have the basic figure. Can’t afford to build a whole new library of hair clothing, morphs and poses right now.  Heck, I can barely afford PC stiff here in the Daz store.

hair: parent to the head and scale the x,y,z scale and adjust the x,y,z translations as needed, . Clothing is another story.

Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 26 November 2013 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 627 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...I’m using Daz Studio, not Poser, and as I understand, manual fitting tends to be a bit trickier with the former.  I don’t know how to create fitting clones.  I’ve looked at the tutorials but nothing seems to click for me.

In a sense I see her more as the “G2F” equivalent for Poser, which I will admit is good for the Poser community as there now is a nice fully weight mapped figure that can be loaded, morphed, and posed right “out of the box” without needing a conversion plugin.

...and unlike Antonia, she is getting a lot of good support both commercially and from freebie creators.

Signature 

Posted: 26 November 2013 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 628 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Thanks so much folks I very much appreciate your comments! 

There is a good way to fit clothing to Dawn.  Create a template of other figures.  Say take V4, pose her and use her morphs to match Dawns default shape….. I don’t know the full on way to finish that work but I have the notes somewhere around here.  MOST of the clothing I’ve tried to fit to Dawn works out pretty good.  Once you get the basic clothing over to Dawn you can refit it again using the freebie templates to add in the right bits like for dresses.  You can find that freebie over at the Hivewire forums.  If you PM me here I can supply the link.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 29 November 2013 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 629 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2224
Joined  2005-09-05
Kyoto Kid - 26 November 2013 04:28 PM

...I’m using Daz Studio, not Poser, and as I understand, manual fitting tends to be a bit trickier with the former.  I don’t know how to create fitting clones.  I’ve looked at the tutorials but nothing seems to click for me.

In a sense I see her more as the “G2F” equivalent for Poser, which I will admit is good for the Poser community as there now is a nice fully weight mapped figure that can be loaded, morphed, and posed right “out of the box” without needing a conversion plugin.

...and unlike Antonia, she is getting a lot of good support both commercially and from freebie creators.

I’ve had no problems fitting hair and if you follow the instructions for creating a v4 clone clothing isn’t a huge issue either…DS user also.

Edited to add…love the female morphs Ram!

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 29 November 2013 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 630 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...the whole cloning thing escapes me. I read through a couple tutorials but just don’t quite get it.  Already messed up my base enesis once by saving some assets imported by GenX Took a while to find out where they were to remove them and restore the base figure. Din;t want to go through that again.

Signature 

42 of 43