Digital Art Zone

2 of 43
First impressions of Dawn?.....V4 is safe.
Posted: 10 August 2013 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  507
Joined  2012-09-30
akmerlow - 10 August 2013 06:43 AM

who is Dawn? where? all links to “it” are removed

whats going on?

p.s.
about v4 vs. non-v4 - imho, genesis with genx is the option. while genesis 2 is pretty useless (how much made for it yet? 2-3 things? lol) imho, genesis’ blending of shaped and autofit are win , imho

p.s.s.

but mentioning other content marketplaces

eh??? but i always see mentioning of RS and R-DNA here

Check out the two sites whose name we dare not mention for fear of being struck down by a lightning bolt. Dawn has infested both.

Personally, I already have V4, V5 and V6.  I also have a thing about dressing them in ankle-length fantasy and historical gowns.  When Dawn acquires a few of these, I will take a look at her but not until then.

Signature 

High Priest of the black and recondite arts of the RPG IV compiler. Stalker of cute little furry animals (armed only with a big Canon).

Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/620/

Posted: 10 August 2013 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2013-05-21

And what about “creating slender woman with petite breasts”? While V4 things had success with that (in both all those NPM for breasts and overall figure proportions), in G2F, for example, though having “small breast” shape parametre BUT can’t find any good for overall figure - “THIN” shape just make g2f look anorexic =(

Anyway when i’m thinking about “in what G2F is better” for me it’s about..belly )

Posted: 10 August 2013 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2882
Joined  2006-07-31
alexhcowley - 10 August 2013 07:14 AM

Check out the two sites whose name we dare not mention for fear of being struck down by a lightning bolt. Dawn has infested both.

Aw, c’mon, give her her release spotlight smile

When Dawn acquires a few of these, I will take a look at her but not until then.

I don’t know about historical but Mec4D is making something very nice for her with some long skirt-like things, you might want to check out ZBrush forum on HW.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 10 August 2013 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3049
Joined  2004-04-14

Its only a mass product release at the other stores for the same figure.  We will see how long that lasts compared to the regular output of V4 items.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 10 August 2013 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17151
Joined  2003-10-09

*snipped*

I have just mentioned Renderosity in another thread, and I saw no lightning bolt cool smirk

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 10 August 2013 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15815
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 10 August 2013 07:55 AM

*snipped*

I have just mentioned Renderosity in another thread, and I saw no lightning bolt cool smirk

Sheesh, woman - give the generator time to charge will you? Kids today, always wanting their lightning bolts NOW!

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 10 August 2013 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3151
Joined  2004-04-25
Richard Haseltine - 10 August 2013 07:57 AM
chohole - 10 August 2013 07:55 AM

*snipped*

Sheesh, woman - give the generator time to charge will you? Kids today, always wanting their lightning bolts NOW!

But I want it nooooooooooooooooooooow!

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 10 August 2013 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1002
Joined  2012-02-04

Frankly, I had high hopes for Dawn.
DAZ really burned my biscuits with all that G2 nonsense.
It is a deep burn too.  You can can file it down with a butter knife, drown it in said butter and call it toast.
Nope.
I no longer purchase G1 or G2.  Why bother?

That being said, after looking at a dozen pieces of wardrobe and seeing the words:  “Poser only”  “Poser 9” “Poser hates you” “Vote for Poser” “etc”
I am afraid I don’t see much support for Dawn from me either.

The good news is, I have saved so much money I’m buying a house boat!

*sails away*

Posted: 10 August 2013 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
Ippotamus - 10 August 2013 08:07 AM

That being said, after looking at a dozen pieces of wardrobe and seeing the words:  “Poser only”  “Poser 9” “Poser hates you” “Vote for Poser” “etc”

Actually I just fit 100% Poser outfit to Dawn (Xurge’s Rogue) without going through any refit/transfer options. You put it into Poser-mapped runtime and load as usual. It pops up an autofit panel but you just select None and None, and it fits it to Dawn. Later you can just resave it as a figure if you don’t want to go through this process again.
Dynamic clothes won’t work this way, surely, but they never did for DS users.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis

Posted: 10 August 2013 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4725
Joined  2011-11-25

I downloaded her. . I neither like nor dislike dawn. I am sort of saturated with the female form with the release of g2, and she’s okay but nothing great.

Posted: 10 August 2013 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1311
Joined  2003-12-16

Far more impressed with Dawn than G1,G2 though the first and last are still a WIP. The development team is comprised of names you probably heard if you were using Studio back in the day and they are listening to their customers and I think it’s a step in the right direction.
V4 has had several years of vendors building a library of textures, morphs and accessories for her, Dawn has been out for less than 24 hours.

Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 10 August 2013 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1002
Joined  2012-02-04
Kattey - 10 August 2013 08:12 AM
Ippotamus - 10 August 2013 08:07 AM

Actually I just fit 100% Poser outfit to Dawn (Xurge’s Rogue) without going through any refit/transfer options. You put it into Poser-mapped runtime and load as usual. It pops up an autofit panel but you just select None and None, and it fits it to Dawn. Later you can just resave it as a figure if you don’t want to go through this process again.
Dynamic clothes won’t work this way, surely, but they never did for DS users.

Yes, I understand that some items will work.
Unfortunately some items will not work.
Or will need levels of tweaking that I am not interested in pursuing.  It is one of the same reasons I loath Genesis 2.
And for all the goodwill this all started with, it seems many people are simply not interested in supporting DAZ Studio at all.
And hey, that is ok.  Total freedom of choice.
But until there is a universal return policy, I’m not sifting through the piles.

I think the primary developers had their heart in the right place.
But the 3rd party developers/sites have spoken loud and quite clear.
Business as usual.

Posted: 10 August 2013 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31

And here I was thinking what would happen if morph creators would give her more morphs. I made a quick morph transfer of some Genesis morphs to Dawn to fill some gaps but mostly used Basics, Alexis and RawArt’s Minimorphs. She wears some both her own (Poser version of Xurge’s Rogue for her) and Genesis outfits (latter is yet another quick transfer thing).

I don’t know if she is pretty or not as my views on female prettiness tend to be quite different but saying that she can’t anything else than athletic isn’t correct either.

Image Attachments
DawnisStillLittle.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 10 August 2013 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1426
Joined  2009-09-11

When I 1st loaded her I thought in the words of Miss Swan “She looka lika man”  Nothing I really need at this point. Deleted from my Runtime unless some goodies & freebies for DS pop up down the road.

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 10 August 2013 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2968
Joined  2010-11-30

Personally, I already have V4, V5 and V6.  I also have a thing about dressing them in ankle-length fantasy and historical gowns.  When Dawn acquires a few of these, I will take a look at her but not until then.

She had both of those on day-of-launch, just not at her home website. Google “Vienna for Dawn” or “Wedding Day for Dawn”...

(What? The wedding dress is historical - it’s from last year! Well, at least it’s ankle-length.)

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the December Freebie Challenge! (And see who won November’s Challenge, too!)

2 of 43