Digital Art Zone

1 of 43
First impressions of Dawn?.....V4 is safe.
Posted: 10 August 2013 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2011-10-11

I spent a few hours yesterday playing with Dawn (stop smirking…:-)
and don’t see what the fuss is all about.  She’s got shoulders like a linebacker, her butt is ridiculous and her waist/hip bends funny.
On top of that she’s ugly.  I’ve got a small fortune in V4 clothes and figures and despite having done this stuff for a few years now am nowhere near the limits of the figure.  With all of her add-ons, improvements and morphs, Vicky4 is still the top model.

Posted: 10 August 2013 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4708
Joined  2005-08-03

Don’t like her? Don’t use her.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 10 August 2013 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
bobbbjmbnklbhjklbgjkh - 10 August 2013 04:53 AM

and don’t see what the fuss is all about.  She’s got shoulders like a linebacker, her butt is ridiculous and her waist/hip bends funny.
On top of that she’s ugly.  I’ve got a small fortune in V4 clothes and figures and despite having done this stuff for a few years now am nowhere near the limits of the figure.  With all of her add-ons, improvements and morphs, Vicky4 is still the top model.

thanks for sharing smile Opinions are good.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 10 August 2013 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2012-02-05
larsmidnatt - 10 August 2013 05:53 AM
bobbbjmbnklbhjklbgjkh - 10 August 2013 04:53 AM

thanks for sharing smile Opinions are good.

More information is better wink

Signature 

My images on Deviant Art

Posted: 10 August 2013 05:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7289
Joined  2009-07-13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFEIiKM4WOw the Daz Gulz can take her! snake

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 10 August 2013 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  225
Joined  2013-06-11
wendy♥catz - 10 August 2013 05:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFEIiKM4WOw the Daz Gulz can take her! snake

hahaha That’s funny.

I’m surprised that this thread didn’t get deleted yet. Are we safe to talk about her? >.>

Posted: 10 August 2013 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1085
Joined  2010-09-19

Choice is always a good thing, but the content for Dawn is already showing a heavy apartheid in favour of Poser users, so she’ll be good for the folk that refuse to use the DSON Importer.

Dawn isn’t a bad figure, and while there’s Crossdresser support, you’re starting from scratch when it comes to skin textures, morphs etc.

I’m already a G2F/V6/Gia user, so on a personal level, I’m struggling to see what she offers that I can’t already do better with what I’ve got…  That said, no harm in having a new toy to play with from time to time even if Genesis & Genesis 2 are still my go-to figures.

Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 10 August 2013 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2800
Joined  2006-07-31

Dawn isn’t any worse than G2F, at my opinion and she has more advanced - or versatile at least - rigging than V4 had. Her default shape isn’t conventionally prettified into this ever-slender build which is the same approach as Gia uses although Gia is more muscular by default. I like the more athletic feel of her and I certainly like her face more than V4 default, and I especially like that her default skin isn’t another pale as milk Caucasian. Right now there are few products available for her to show how variable she could be (no main morphpack, for example, just basic, although this is big marketing mistake at my opinion). She’d definitely benefit from a couple JCMs on back of collar bends - just like default V4 would, btw - but saying that she is worse than V4 who had like what, 8 years (?) of developments and addons that include fixes to most glaring problems, wouldn’t be proper way to compare them. Everything is subjective, surely, but I remember that V4 was bashed at the launch too, so no surprise here - all figures are bashed on launch there and here.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 10 August 2013 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  548
Joined  2007-08-14
Zenrel - 10 August 2013 06:17 AM

I’m surprised that this thread didn’t get deleted yet. Are we safe to talk about her? >.>

Talking about the figure appears to be permitted but mentioning other content marketplaces by name is not—or maybe it’s just the one website in particular.

Signature 

These are not the tutorials you’re looking for. Move along.
My old profile

Posted: 10 August 2013 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7667
Joined  2009-05-14

talkie but no linkie.

I just DLed the free base to have a peek, intrigued. But I am on a no buy splurge or is that anti-splurge. humm anyway I haven’t got V6, I have invested a lot of money in to Genesis to start buying in to other figures when I am saving like mad for a new PC. I look at it this way (pulls funny face) that competion is good for the market, it pushes the boundries. From what I have seen and heard V6 was in response to Dawn’s arrival. If that is true and from the renders I have seen of V6 I would say that proves my point. V6 looks pretty damm good to me but again I stress I haven’t got V6 to see for myself. I have messed about with Genesis 2 to see what it can do and I did find improvemet in movement and posing over Genesis. I think what peeves me the most is how V6 was released.  In my mind DAZ3D should have made a statement when V6 was released explaining why and what the future holds for Genesis and Genesis 2. I think that a lone could have helped quench a lot of fires.

Also bear in mind the old adage fo pleasing everyone all the time…it just won’t happen ever.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 10 August 2013 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2013-05-21

who is Dawn? where? all links to “it” are removed

whats going on?

p.s.
about v4 vs. non-v4 - imho, genesis with genx is the option. while genesis 2 is pretty useless (how much made for it yet? 2-3 things? lol) imho, genesis’ blending of shaped and autofit are win , imho

p.s.s.

but mentioning other content marketplaces

eh??? but i always see mentioning of RS and R-DNA here

Posted: 10 August 2013 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31

Direct link could be considered a promotion but if you Google “The Dawn of New Era DS Poser” forth link would be the link to facebook page of the company that makes her and from that name you can find a site.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis

Posted: 10 August 2013 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2795
Joined  2004-04-14

I have Aiko3 and she is my primary figure.  Yes I have the rest of the Gen3 line plus the Gen4 models along with Genesis and Genesis 2 female.  But I dont use the rest except for once in a blue moon.  I dont buy much anymore, I am happy and content with what I have but when I do buy, its either non figure stuff, older Gen3 stuff or something like shoes, boots or hair that I can fit to Aiko3.  So am I going to check out Dawn?  No.  I already decided that I am not going to bother with a figure that will get played with for about 5min and then laid to rest, never to be used again.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 10 August 2013 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  225
Joined  2013-06-11

I got the starter bundle and some other morphs and so far I like her because she doesn’t look like a model. It should have better morphs at launch instead of starter version for more in depth customization. As Kattey mentioned, she have that athletic type of look.

She does bend a bit weird after I try making some poses. Probably I got used to G2F lol.

I’ll welcome her to her new friends. I hope they don’t kill each other like that video that Wendy posted earlier haha.

Posted: 10 August 2013 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2013-05-21

2 Kattey

thanks
took a look - can’t see any “revolution”
also, “xxx for Dawn” now will spam markets and steal attention

p.s.

yes aiko 3 is alive and - sadly - genx aiko 3 has problems

Posted: 10 August 2013 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
akmerlow - 10 August 2013 07:05 AM

2 Kattey

thanks
took a look - can’t see any “revolution”

She isn’t - she is on par with G2F with some improvements here, some flaws there, and she uses same technology at least in DS. But, on another hand, she never claimed to be a revolution, unlike G2F did with its flimsy “gender-specifics” explanations. And Poser users in general seem to get a better deal than DS users with her what can’t be said for G2F.

Signature 

1 of 43