Digital Art Zone

2 of 11
DAZ Studio Pro BETA (4.6.0.81), Now Available!
Posted: 10 August 2013 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1404
Joined  2009-09-11

According to this we are suppose to have the option of installers. Are they are changing their minds? Kind of wishy washy if you ask me….

Image Attachments
Untitled.jpg
 Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 10 August 2013 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2003-12-08

having the same old “download failed”...This new version of DIM is the worst!

Edit: Is downloading now, though I still feel this version of DIM is the worst…

Posted: 10 August 2013 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  186
Joined  2008-06-01

I am in full agreement with most of the posts here… I would like the option of choosing to download items as I wish.
I tried your fancy DIM thingy several times and I find it is glitchy under most circumstances.
So please if you will, put up the download links in the downloadable products page for this version of the DS Beta.

Please and Thank you!
:D

Posted: 10 August 2013 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Bobvan - 10 August 2013 02:30 AM

According to this we are suppose to have the option of installers. Are they are changing their minds? Kind of wishy washy if you ask me….

For the last few years users have begged DAZ 3D to go to the industry standard of Zip Files that all other content providers like Rendo, Xurge3D, ShareCG and others offer. Now that DAZ 3D has decided to convert to ZIP only and announce it publicly in the Commons Forum many now wish for the exe installers again.

I agree that DIM only is not proper for Programs but for content the ZIP format is usable as Both Hand install and DIM install. No user has to use DIM for Content if they do not wish too.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 10 August 2013 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4816
Joined  2005-08-03

Well, obviously prior to the zips when everybody was still making the plea, the users who enjoyed the installers were most likely not advocating the switch. Now that the switch is made is when they come out of the shadows. What’s wrong with Daz just keeping both and allowing users to choose?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m down with the zip files. wink

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2

Posted: 10 August 2013 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Vaskania - 10 August 2013 05:54 PM

Well, obviously prior to the zips when everybody was still making the plea, the users who enjoyed the installers were most likely not advocating the switch. Now that the switch is made is when they come out of the shadows. What’s wrong with Daz just keeping both and allowing users to choose?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m down with the zip files. wink

Double or more the Server storage area pops to mind to have both offered.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 10 August 2013 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-11

This still does not resolve the issue of D/L studio beta without using DIM. The reason I am making such a stink is I get the feeling we will be forced to do this for future releases of Studio..

Signature 

Posted: 10 August 2013 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8697
Joined  2007-11-06
Bobvan - 10 August 2013 07:11 PM

This still does not resolve the issue of D/L studio beta without using DIM. The reason I am making such a stink is I get the feeling we will be forced to do this for future releases of Studio..

I have put in a request for clarification of this—my understanding is that this is only for the Beta, and the general releases will continue to be available as stand-alone installers.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 10 August 2013 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-11
fixmypcmike - 10 August 2013 07:32 PM
Bobvan - 10 August 2013 07:11 PM

I have put in a request for clarification of this—my understanding is that this is only for the Beta, and the general releases will continue to be available as stand-alone installers.

I put in a complaint / feedback as well we should be able to get Betas since it may fix some issues for some folks….I included the advert I posted above claiming that we still would have installers

Signature 

Posted: 10 August 2013 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  551
Joined  2005-09-12
msorrels - 09 August 2013 11:06 PM

I really dislike how when installing software Install Manager doesn’t give you any choices of where.  I had to uninstall and then change my options and have it reinstall.  But it still adds on an Extra DAZ 3D to the beginning of the path.  So for example I don’t install apps on my C: drive.  All my apps are in d:\Apps for DAZ Studio that means:

d:\Apps\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio45
d:\Apps\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio45-32

So I set IM to use d:\Apps\DAZ 3D but it installs the Beta in
d:\Apps\DAZ 3D\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Beta

Making an extra DAZ 3D directory.  But if I set my 32 bit dir to the same directory what will it do?  I’m scared to find out.

As near as I can figure the ‘logic’ involved for the paths - the assumption is that you will have a high-level 32-bit directory (default for windows is C:\program files(x86) ) and a high-level 64-bit directory (C:\program files) and DIM will create a ‘DAZ 3D’ directory under those and then the product directory.

And like you, I’d rather do D:\daz3d\s4-64 and D:\daz3d\s4-32.

I think I’m going to D:\32-bit and D:\64-bit for my high-levels. They’ll only see whatever DIM installs anyway. I tend to put every major app in it’s own high-level - I still only end up with two dozen (or fewer, on some systems) directories this way.

Signature 

The only constant is change—and it’s a variable.

Posted: 11 August 2013 05:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1387
Joined  2005-03-16

Um, are the replies to this thread only meant to be about downloading the beta, or is this where I should put noticed bugs in the beta itself?  I have been using this beta since it appeared in DIM and have found 2 issues. 

1st, switching to Cartoon Shaded display mode in the viewport menu crashes DAZ Studio.  I don’t ever use this mode, but thought it should be noted.

2nd, an issue with using sliders in the shaping tab.  This issue is a bit lengthy to explain and only seems to apply when using the shape sliders on Genesis in saved scenes (saved from prior to beta install).  On Genesis in a new scene, this does not seem to happen.  But, here it is… select Genesis in the scene, go to Shaping tab and slide shape sliders.  If you simply scroll through the list without choosing a subcategory (ie Female, Male, Universal, Head, Face, etc.), sliders have no problems.  But, if you choose a category/filter (such as Male, Female, Head, Face, Torso, etc.), then try to apply a shape, the slider only goes a little way up before jumping you off of the slider and back to the beginning of the Actors list.  So you end up only applying about 23% or so of the morph, then you have to click on the category again or scroll back down the list to finish applying it.  Sometimes it will apply 100% of the morph, but it still jumps you back up to Actors and the beginning of the list.

As I said, it only seems to happen on pre-beta scenes. I tried opening a saved scene, then saving it in the beta, then re-opening it, but it still does this.

Signature 

My DAZ Store Page    My Facebook Fan Page    My Twitter Account    Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 11 August 2013 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2013-07-26

I think its a bit strange that I am only getting the option to download a 32bit version of the beta, but can dl 32 and 64 bit plugins.angry

Is this an error as I would rather a 64bit version. mad

Posted: 11 August 2013 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6650
Joined  2005-08-15
spider58 - 11 August 2013 08:30 AM

I think its a bit strange that I am only getting the option to download a 32bit version of the beta, but can dl 32 and 64 bit plugins.angry

Is this an error as I would rather a 64bit version. mad

Where are you seeing the plugins?  They don’t show in my DIM, but the application itself does. 

If you click on the little gear icon at the top right of the DIM interface, and select the Downloads tab, do you have both 32 bit and 64 bit ticked?

Posted: 11 August 2013 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  718
Joined  2012-07-21

And AGAIN they slip in a handful of these awesome nifty thingies that make my beloved Studio better/easier/nicer.
That list of highlights has gotten me quite excited, looking forward to the next stable release. Might even give the beta a try if i can find some time.

You rock, Daz !

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt

Posted: 11 August 2013 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  977
Joined  2006-02-27

Is there any way to get this with out the need of the download manager

2 of 11