DAZ 3D Install Manager v.184.108.40.206 Update
DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of the DAZ 3D Install Manager - version 220.127.116.11!
DAZ 3D Install Manager has been updated to allow resuming of interrupted and/or cancelled downloads. The “Download” button text is replaced by “Resume” when a portion of a package has already been downloaded. Package signatures are validated upon resume; if the local signature does not match the server signature resume starts from the beginning. It is highly recommend that separate accounts use separate download folders to prevent cross-account clean up of “orphaned” downloads.
In addition, the following changes and enhancements have been made.
- On Windows, the DAZ3DIMHelper application, which requests elevated permissions for installing software/plugins/shaders/etc, and the BitRock installer are now signed, so they identify themselves as being provided by "DAZ Productions, Inc." instead of "Unknown".
- Added “4R6” to the list of ZBrush application versions.
- Various “Download” and “Installer” references have been relabeled to use “Package” instead; some users were interpreting “Download Date” as the date/time the package was downloaded rather than the date/time the package was created; referring to a package as an “Installer” wasn't entirely accurate, and is simplified by the consistent use of “Package” whether downloaded or not
- The ”— Applications —” text in the Installation Details widget has been replaced with a “Show Applications List…” button that launches the Settings dialog with the Applications page raised.
- Made other minor labeling tweaks to improve readability/consistency.
- Added support for a resume filter to the filter field; "resume::true" to show only those packages that can be resumed, "resume::false" to hide them.
- Allow a custom install path for new Windows CMS installations; not allowed during update