Digital Art Zone

3 of 9
DAZ 3D Install Manager v.1.0.1.81 Update
Posted: 17 August 2013 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2009-04-03
JimmyC_2009 - 11 August 2013 02:57 AM

These two plugins don’t come as part of the free release of DAZ Studio, they are paid for plugins.

DS4.6 comes with the Lite version of the Dynamic Clothing Control, and a 30 day trial of Mimic Live.  Installing the paid for DCC if you don’t have a serial for it, will cause the Lite version to stop working I think.

Ok.  I am having the same problem for the 32-bit version.  Based on this post, I checked my account and serial number list.  It shows that I have serial numbers for the versions for Daz Studio versions 2 & 3, but does not list a version 4 serial number.  But when i go to the store to correct this, I get the status “purchaced” on the web page for “Dynamic cloth control” (no version number), but the page does show that the DCC is for Version 4.6.

Does anyone know if DCC has to be purchased for each version of DS?
Or is there a problem that caused us to not get upgraded to version 4 serial numbers?

Any clues on how this works would be helpful or what might be my problem.  Thanks in advance.

BTW, does anyone know the difference between DCC lite and full version for DS 4.6?

Signature 

My favorate SF shows are to unpopular to have a cute name for the fans like trekies.

Posted: 17 August 2013 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9653
Joined  2007-11-06
Maldark - 17 August 2013 06:52 PM
JimmyC_2009 - 11 August 2013 02:57 AM

These two plugins don’t come as part of the free release of DAZ Studio, they are paid for plugins.

DS4.6 comes with the Lite version of the Dynamic Clothing Control, and a 30 day trial of Mimic Live.  Installing the paid for DCC if you don’t have a serial for it, will cause the Lite version to stop working I think.

Ok.  I am having the same problem for the 32-bit version.  Based on this post, I checked my account and serial number list.  It shows that I have serial numbers for the versions for Daz Studio versions 2 & 3, but does not list a version 4 serial number.  But when i go to the store to correct this, I get the status “purchaced” on the web page for “Dynamic cloth control” (no version number), but the page does show that the DCC is for Version 4.6.

Does anyone know if DCC has to be purchased for each version of DS?
Or is there a problem that caused us to not get upgraded to version 4 serial numbers?

Any clues on how this works would be helpful or what might be my problem.  Thanks in advance.

BTW, does anyone know the difference between DCC lite and full version for DS 4.6?

The DS3 serial number works in DS4 as well.  Currently the DCC plugin is available in DIM only for the beta.

The full version gives you the physics and preferences panels, which give you control over gravity, wind, number of iterations, collision tolerance, and the like.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 17 August 2013 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Joined  2009-04-03
fixmypcmike - 17 August 2013 07:01 PM

The DS3 serial number works in DS4 as well.  Currently the DCC plugin is available in DIM only for the beta.

The full version gives you the physics and preferences panels, which give you control over gravity, wind, number of iterations, collision tolerance, and the like.

Ok.  Then I have no clue why it won’t install in my 32-bit DS 4.6

I tried uninstalling DS (following the instructions for the 64-bit version) before reinstallling DS4.6. 

Any sujestions?

Signature 

My favorate SF shows are to unpopular to have a cute name for the fans like trekies.

Posted: 17 August 2013 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Maldark - 17 August 2013 07:12 PM

I tried uninstalling DS (following the instructions for the 64-bit version) before reinstallling DS4.6. 

Any sujestions?

Is this the beta or the general release?  If the general release, was it installed with DIM or with a stand-alone installer?  Is it not installing at all, or not accepting the serial number?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 17 August 2013 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Joined  2009-04-03
fixmypcmike - 17 August 2013 09:05 PM
Maldark - 17 August 2013 07:12 PM

Any sujestions?

Is this the beta or the general release?  If the general release, was it installed with DIM or with a stand-alone installer?  Is it not installing at all, or not accepting the serial number?

DS4.6.0.18 was installed with DIM 1.0.1.81.  I was also trying to use DIM to install
IM00016591-01_DynamicClothingControlforDAZStudio45Win32bitPublicBuild.zip
file which I downloaded using DIM.

Signature 

Posted: 18 August 2013 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

Public Build is for the Beta, not the General Release.  They’re testing plugin installation using the Beta.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 18 August 2013 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Joined  2009-04-03
fixmypcmike - 18 August 2013 03:00 PM

Public Build is for the Beta, not the General Release.  They’re testing plugin installation using the Beta.

So, if I get this right, It will not work for me until you release the regular version.  Is that correct?

Or until I install the latest beta version.

Signature 

Posted: 18 August 2013 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  221
Joined  2007-08-27
Maldark - 18 August 2013 04:15 PM
fixmypcmike - 18 August 2013 03:00 PM

So, if I get this right, It will not work for me until you release the regular version.  Is that correct?

Or until I install the latest beta version.

It should work in the Public Beta version:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/26880/

Posted: 26 August 2013 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  719
Joined  2008-05-05
fixmypcmike - 09 August 2013 07:16 PM

It should be something like:
mklink /j “C:\users\public\DAZ 3D\InstallManager” E:\Content\InstallManager
quotes are only needed around the first part because of the space in “DAZ 3D”

Bingo.  Thank you for this tip—My new PC has a small ssd C drive and I want to keep EVERYTHING except the important stuff off it.  Just a note to anyone trying this at home—folder structure was a bit off Should be:

mklink /"C:\users\public\documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager" E:\blah\blah 

And make sure you delete the C:\users\public\documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager folder before running the command.

Signature 

One in 150 children is diagnosed with autism. One is mine.

My deviantArt Gallery: http://karibous-boutique.deviantart.com/
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 26 August 2013 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

Quick question

Where are the directories or directory that the DIM manager reads off of to determine what’s installed and what’s not installed? 

So I’ll need directory location paths so I can check. 

I am getting my new system up and running finally but even though I copied as much off of the old system as possible and dropped into where I thought DIM needed it I’m apparently off in that assumption because it’s telling me that I have like 2000 files to install.  Nope I don’t!  lol They are installed. 

Thanks for the help!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 26 August 2013 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
RAMWolff - 26 August 2013 11:25 AM

Quick question

Where are the directories or directory that the DIM manager reads off of to determine what’s installed and what’s not installed? 

So I’ll need directory location paths so I can check. 

I am getting my new system up and running finally but even though I copied as much off of the old system as possible and dropped into where I thought DIM needed it I’m apparently off in that assumption because it’s telling me that I have like 2000 files to install.  Nope I don’t!  lol They are installed. 

Thanks for the help!

C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\ManifestFiles

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 26 August 2013 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

Thanks Mike. To the rescue again!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 17 September 2013 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2007-02-16

1.0.1.81 is the latest version still, right? I just got it installed and tried to login and it’s telling me there is an update and it won’t let me use it after I wasted 5 hours downloading the program! :(

Posted: 17 September 2013 12:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4999
Joined  2005-08-03
atryeu - 17 September 2013 12:24 AM

1.0.1.81 is the latest version still, right? I just got it installed and tried to login and it’s telling me there is an update and it won’t let me use it after I wasted 5 hours downloading the program! :(

Mine was updated tonight to 1.0.1.86. It should prompt you to update once you open it.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Free Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 17 September 2013 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6592
Joined  2006-02-20

Poor Atryeu!
5 hours dialup speed wasted ...
{{{hugs}}}

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

3 of 9