Digital Art Zone

2 of 9
DAZ 3D Install Manager v.1.0.1.81 Update
Posted: 09 August 2013 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9615
Joined  2007-11-06

There seems to be a server problem at the moment, I have alerted DAZ 3D.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 10 August 2013 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-02-22

this install manager is really nice but the last 2 updates failed to install after uninstalling the earlier version so I had to go to Daz, download and install the new versions manually. Now this new version has a new trick, it completely refuses to log into my Daz acount. Kind of frustrating as I have some new content I want to install. I guess I’ll just have to go back to the old fashioned way !!.

Posted: 10 August 2013 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2003-12-08

Having problems with Dynamic Clothing Control update:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for “Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build” requires that the installed path for “DAZ Studio 4.x Public Build (64-bit)” be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the “Applications” page of the “Settings” dialog, then try again.

and install failed…

What is this thing of “Public build”. Can someone, please explain what is happening with this new version of DIM…

Nevermind, installed after the beta of DAZ Studio (had problems whit this too), still don’t like this version of DIM

Posted: 10 August 2013 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7084
Joined  2005-08-15

DIM can’t find your install of DS4.x 64 bit version.

You need to click on the little gear icon at the top right of the DIM interface, and set the paths for applications, in your case, DS4.6 64 bit.  The default location is in Program Files for Windows.

Posted: 10 August 2013 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2010-07-09

I have the latest DIM version v.1.0.1.81, and its application paths are configured correctly. I used DIM to install the DAZ Studio public beta (4.6.0.81).  Now I have two files in the DIM “Ready to Install” Tab that will not install: 
  “Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build”
  “Mimic Live for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build”

When DIM tries tries to install them, I get the following error:
Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for “Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build” requires that the installed path for “DAZ Studio 4.x Public Build (64-bit)” be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the “Applications” page of the “Settings” dialog, then try again.
Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for “Mimic Live for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build” requires that the installed path for “DAZ Studio 4.x Public Build (64-bit)” be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the “Applications” page of the “Settings” dialog, then try again.

I have closed and reopened DIM but that did no good.  I don’t see a place in DIM to define the Public Beta’s application directory so not sure how to get these two items to install properly.

Attached is a screenshot of the setup of the application paths in DIM.

Image Attachments
Capture.PNG

Posted: 10 August 2013 11:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
ChatJD - 10 August 2013 09:06 PM

I have the latest DIM version v.1.0.1.81, and its application paths are configured correctly. I used DIM to install the DAZ Studio public beta (4.6.0.81).  Now I have two files in the DIM “Ready to Install” Tab that will not install: 
  “Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build”
  “Mimic Live for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build”

When DIM tries tries to install them, I get the following error:
Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for “Mimic Live for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build” requires that the installed path for “DAZ Studio 4.x Public Build (64-bit)” be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the “Applications” page of the “Settings” dialog, then try again.

I have closed and reopened DIM but that did no good.  I don’t see a place in DIM to define the Public Beta’s application directory so not sure how to get these two items to install properly.

Attached is a screenshot of the setup of the application paths in DIM.

I’m not sure why the path for the public beta wasn’t added by DIM.  Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling it with DIM (any settings will be retained, so you don’t have to redo them)?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 10 August 2013 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2011-11-29
agdep - 10 August 2013 06:30 AM

and install failed…

What is this thing of “Public build”. Can someone, please explain what is happening with this new version of DIM…

I had the same problem: I’m running DAZ Studio for Mac 4.6, 64-bit, but when I tried to install “Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Mac 64-bit) Public Build” it said I needed to specify an installer path. Nothing I tried worked. Is this an application that I need to purchase separately?

MrWizard1024

Posted: 10 August 2013 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
MrWizard1024 - 10 August 2013 11:07 PM

and install failed…

I had the same problem: I’m running DAZ Studio for Mac 4.6, 64-bit, but when I tried to install “Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Mac 64-bit) Public Build” it said I needed to specify an installer path. Nothing I tried worked. Is this an application that I need to purchase separately?

MrWizard1024

Public Build refers to the Beta, not the release version.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 11 August 2013 01:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2010-07-09
fixmypcmike - 10 August 2013 11:05 PM

I’m not sure why the path for the public beta wasn’t added by DIM.  Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling it with DIM (any settings will be retained, so you don’t have to redo them)?

Uninstalling the Beta, closing DIM, and then reopening DIM, and reinstalling the Beta seems to have fixed it.  Upon re-installation of the Beta, it added the pathway properly and that allowed the other two plugins to install.

Thanks!

Posted: 11 August 2013 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7084
Joined  2005-08-15

These two plugins don’t come as part of the free release of DAZ Studio, they are paid for plugins.

DS4.6 comes with the Lite version of the Dynamic Clothing Control, and a 30 day trial of Mimic Live.  Installing the paid for DCC if you don’t have a serial for it, will cause the Lite version to stop working I think.

Posted: 11 August 2013 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  221
Joined  2007-08-27
MrWizard1024 - 10 August 2013 11:07 PM

MrWizard1024

Did you have Dynamic Clothing Control previously installed, or is this a new installation? Also, did you install the original DS installation through DIM?

Posted: 12 August 2013 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2007-02-16

- Added support for a resume filter to the filter field; “resume::true” to show only those packages that can be resumed, “resume::false” to hide them.

Does that mean that some files can be resumed hours or days after starting them now so those of us on dialup can actually download from Daz again?

Posted: 12 August 2013 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
atryeu - 12 August 2013 04:33 PM

- Added support for a resume filter to the filter field; “resume::true” to show only those packages that can be resumed, “resume::false” to hide them.

Does that mean that some files can be resumed hours or days after starting them now so those of us on dialup can actually download from Daz again?

Yes, just leave the partial download in the downloads folder.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 12 August 2013 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2003-10-09

That is not what that statement is referring to exactly, but it is certainly related. This particular statement is basically saying that you can type (or copy/paste) the “resume::true” text in the filter field and have Install Manager show you only those packages that have partially downloaded, so that you can more easily find and [presumably] resume them.

The question you are asking is more directly answered by the first paragraph, of the opening post:

DAZ_BHowell - 08 August 2013 09:29 AM

DAZ 3D Install Manager has been updated to allow resuming of interrupted and/or cancelled downloads. The “Download” button text is replaced by “Resume” when a portion of a package has already been downloaded.  Package signatures are validated upon resume; if the local signature does not match the server signature resume starts from the beginning…

Provided there have been no updates to a given package between the time you started (and subsequently stopped/paused) the download and the time you attempt to resume it, the amount of time between start and finish could be minutes or hours or days or weeks or… Where that changes is when there has been an update during that time, in which case it must resume from the beginning… thereby resetting the scenario until you either complete the download or another update is posted.

-Rob

Signature 

- Documentation Center
- Install Manager
- DAZ Studio 4.x
- DSON Importer
- DSON File Format Specification

Posted: 12 August 2013 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2007-02-16
rbtwhiz - 12 August 2013 05:25 PM

That is not what that statement is referring to exactly, but it is certainly related. This particular statement is basically saying that you can type (or copy/paste) the “resume::true” text in the filter field and have Install Manager show you only those packages that have partially downloaded, so that you can more easily find and [presumably] resume them.

The question you are asking is more directly answered by the first paragraph, of the opening post:

DAZ_BHowell - 08 August 2013 09:29 AM

DAZ 3D Install Manager has been updated to allow resuming of interrupted and/or cancelled downloads. The “Download” button text is replaced by “Resume” when a portion of a package has already been downloaded.  Package signatures are validated upon resume; if the local signature does not match the server signature resume starts from the beginning…

Provided there have been no updates to a given package between the time you started (and subsequently stopped/paused) the download and the time you attempt to resume it, the amount of time between start and finish could be minutes or hours or days or weeks or… Where that changes is when there has been an update during that time, in which case it must resume from the beginning… thereby resetting the scenario until you either complete the download or another update is posted.

-Rob

Thanks for the reply Rob. I had missed that 2nd bit of info. Over the last few years I’ve gotten to where I just skim over posts and don’t read much anymore… too time consuming when I have time limits on my service -_- Thanks for pointing that one out, I had missed it.

And yes, I know my question wasn’t directly related to the post I quoted but I saw the mention of the filter for which files can be resumed and it lead me to ask the question. If I had seen the other post I would probably not have posted myself and my question would have been solved raspberry

I’m glad to hear all of this. I will have to give the program another attempt one day soon I guess then. I have pretty much given up completely on Daz and the last thing I bought was Aiko 5 whenever that was it came out (March… April…?). Not being able to download anything I bought easily made me loose my faith in the site. This might give me a chance to try and renew that faith a little though if I can actually download my files again.

Thanks again Rob, and thanks for the resume support Daz!

2 of 9