Digital Art Zone

1 of 9
DAZ 3D Install Manager v.1.0.1.81 Update
Posted: 08 August 2013 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  229
Joined  2007-11-12

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of the DAZ 3D Install Manager - version 1.0.1.81!

DAZ 3D Install Manager has been updated to allow resuming of interrupted and/or cancelled downloads. The “Download” button text is replaced by “Resume” when a portion of a package has already been downloaded.  Package signatures are validated upon resume; if the local signature does not match the server signature resume starts from the beginning.  It is highly recommend that separate accounts use separate download folders to prevent cross-account clean up of “orphaned” downloads.

In addition, the following changes and enhancements have been made.

- On Windows, the DAZ3DIMHelper application, which requests elevated permissions for installing software/plugins/shaders/etc, and the BitRock installer are now signed, so they identify themselves as being provided by “DAZ Productions, Inc.” instead of “Unknown”.
- Added “4R6” to the list of ZBrush application versions.
- Various “Download” and “Installer” references have been relabeled to use “Package” instead; some users were interpreting “Download Date” as the date/time the package was downloaded rather than the date/time the package was created; referring to a package as an “Installer” wasn’t entirely accurate, and is simplified by the consistent use of “Package” whether downloaded or not
- The ”— Applications —” text in the Installation Details widget has been replaced with a “Show Applications List…” button that launches the Settings dialog with the Applications page raised.
- Made other minor labeling tweaks to improve readability/consistency.
- Added support for a resume filter to the filter field; “resume::true” to show only those packages that can be resumed, “resume::false” to hide them.
- Allow a custom install path for new Windows CMS installations; not allowed during update

For more details view the DAZ 3D Install Manager v.1.0.1.81 Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site.

Posted: 08 August 2013 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2012-07-22

I must say that auto-installing the CMS whenever there’s a DIM update is a bit annoying. Uninstalling it takes 5 seconds, I know, but still a check for a previous installation or a question wouldn’t hurt..

Posted: 08 August 2013 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2010-03-30

Just installed the update and there’s no Photoshop CC option in the application versions :(

Posted: 09 August 2013 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5578
Joined  2006-02-20

Does it still insist on installing itself on c: ?

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 09 August 2013 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2004-03-03

Does it still insist on using the Public Documents folder for some of its own files?

Posted: 09 August 2013 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2797
Joined  2004-10-25

Since it’s an automatic update from the previous 1.75 version, I would assume the answer to both your questions, Kerya and David, is yes.  I haven’t checked to see if you can direct it to install to a new location if you download from your Product Library and do a fresh install.  That may be an option.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 09 August 2013 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-02-05

I just picked up a few things after the latest update went through, and now it won’t install what I bought. I opened the order, selected “download and install” with the install manager, and while the manager opened up and queued the selections, when I told it to begin, I got “download failed” on each of them.

I re-downloaded the install manager program and reinstalled it, on the theory that it was a bad patch. But I’m still having the same problem. Is the program messed up?

Thanks!

Posted: 09 August 2013 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  304
Joined  2012-06-12

submit a ticket to CS specifying the product. It is probably something incorrectly setup with that particular product that needs to get to our production team to fix.

Posted: 09 August 2013 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  357
Joined  2005-11-24

I just installed and you can direct where to install. My C drive in small so I don’t use it unless I absolutely have to use it.

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2013 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-03-03
gingercakes47 - 09 August 2013 03:18 PM

I just installed and you can direct where to install. My C drive in small so I don’t use it unless I absolutely have to use it.

But does it create (with no choice about location) a folder and put some files in it in the Public Documents folder? (On Windows, that is.)

Posted: 09 August 2013 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  357
Joined  2005-11-24
DavidGB - 09 August 2013 03:34 PM

But does it create (with no choice about location) a folder and put some files in it in the Public Documents folder? (On Windows, that is.)

Short answer, no. It seems to only download with DIM and I told DIM where to install any of the program and content. Just checked my Public Documents Folder and nothing DAZ has been added to it in a long time.

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2013 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-03-03
gingercakes47 - 09 August 2013 04:07 PM
DavidGB - 09 August 2013 03:34 PM

Short answer, no. It seems to only download with DIM and I told DIM where to install any of the program and content. Just checked my Public Documents Folder and nothing DAZ has been added to it in a long time.

I’m not sure I was clear in what I was asking. Not if the DIM is putting DS, content etc into Public Documents - is DIM still ITSELF using a folder in Public Documents for its own files, not other DAZ files. Is there a DIM folder in Public Documents?

Posted: 09 August 2013 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  548
Joined  2007-08-14
DavidGB - 09 August 2013 04:49 PM

Is there a DIM folder in Public Documents?

Yes.

Signature 

These are not the tutorials you’re looking for. Move along.
My old profile

Posted: 09 August 2013 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1667
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
I used MKLINK on Windows 7 (I think it’s been there since Vista) to direct DAZ Install Manager to use my D drive.  More specifically, I have a Dropbox folder on my D drive where all my Manifest files are, so it doesn’t think it needs to download 3,000 new packages.  I moved the auto-created directory out of the way, and used MKLINK /D to make it so that when DAZ IM looks in that directory, it actually looks on the D drive for the data.

Took me a few minutes to look it up.  I do the same thing, essentially, on Mac OS X.

IIRC the command was: MKLINK /D InstallManager D:\Dropbox\DAZ\InstallManager

It was run from the DAZ directory.  I’m not at home, so I can’t double-check, but I’d be happy to update this in a few hours if I got the command wrong.  You can do MKLINK /? to get more help.

Modern versions of Windows allow you all kinds of mechanisms to work around directory placement.

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 09 August 2013 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06

It should be something like:
mklink /j “C:\users\public\DAZ 3D\InstallManager” E:\Content\InstallManager
quotes are only needed around the first part because of the space in “DAZ 3D”

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 09 August 2013 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2003-12-08

Its not working, purchased several items from Zev0, doesn’t appear in DIM, then go to my account -> product library->click download & install (w DIM), appear in DIM (filter by sku#) push download and download failed… I can´t download the new studio beta, had + 300 products and can´t update or download…I don´t like this update, former version worked (downloaded 300 products…)

1 of 9