Digital Art Zone

high poly to low poly something or other
Posted: 23 June 2012 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1314
Joined  2010-03-15

I once saw a doohickey that took v4 (or any high poly figure) and lowered her poly count for shorter render time. What is that product called and is it still available?

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 23 June 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1844
Joined  2006-02-17
AidanaWillowRaven - 23 June 2012 12:03 AM

I once saw a doohickey that took v4 (or any high poly figure) and lowered her poly count for shorter render time. What is that product called and is it still available?

It is called the Decimator.  It is available in the Daz Store.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 23 June 2012 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7455
Joined  2009-07-13

Doohickey, is that like the thingummyjig or more like the whatchamicallem? tongue rolleye

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 23 June 2012 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7790
Joined  2009-05-14
wendy♥catz - 23 June 2012 06:41 AM

Doohickey, is that like the thingummyjig or more like the whatchamicallem? tongue rolleye

I am pretty sure it’s more like a whatchamicallem than a thingummyjig.

I suppose in a way Decimator would help render a little quicker due the memory saving due to a low mesh resolution. I use it mainly to fit more than 3 Gen4 figure in a scene as I only have a 32bit system and 3 GB of Ram.

If you are intending to buy it then all you need to do is put in the serial number, in the Plug-in window, for Decimator as it should already be installed with DS4 Pro, it just needs activating.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 23 June 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  369
Joined  2007-10-30
Kendall Sears - 23 June 2012 12:20 AM
AidanaWillowRaven - 23 June 2012 12:03 AM

It is called the Decimator.  It is available in the Daz Store.

Kendall

And not only that but with the ‘Beat the Heat Sale it is on sale at 50% off until 25 June
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/decimator-for-daz-studio/

This is the lowest price I’ve ever /seen on it. So, if you want it, now would be the time to buy it

Charlie

Posted: 23 June 2012 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7455
Joined  2009-07-13

that IS a great price and I sssssssssoooooooo want it for iClone export but I just bought a car, cleaned out my bank account and added loan repayments to my budget.
sort of found an alternative in the motion editor in Epic games UDK (unreal development kit) not that I tried exporting the result.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again