Digital Art Zone

3 of 3
Why I needed to start a new thread with a new title when there are already other threads started by others with the same issue, in which the best advi
Posted: 26 June 2012 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Simon, if you want to officially label your last post as a contest entry, you might actually be a contender for the GC wink

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 29 June 2012 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Here is the list of final entries for the compo.

Invisible Products ‘Worth’ Every Penny! (fictionalromance)

$5 GC for you ... Soon! (SimonJM)

If you forward this thread to 3 mods before the end of the day you will also get your downloads (belovedalia)

If you don’t forward this thread to 3 mods your downloads won’t appear (belovedalia)

It’s Been a Rough Week, and I’m Achy All Over, Out of Advil, and Too Tired to Come Up With a Catchy Title About Not Being Able to Download One’s Purchases Thread (Kyoto Kid)

I’ve been using IE for 75 years without a problem. What’s next? (chohole)

CLICK HERE to fix DAZ store - No Downside (gopherus)

Why I needed to start a new thread with a new title when there are already other threads started by others with the same issue, in which the best advice available has already been given. (richard haseltine)

Give the Castellan the five dollar gift card (TheCastellan)

Cridgit’s widgits (Norse Graphics)

Magento is on the naughty step (SimonJM)

The judges will be deliberating over the weekend to pick a winner. The lucky winner will get a $5 GC next time I can log into my account, add the GC to my cart, and check out before world peace arrives. Of course the winner will still need to login, add an item to their cart and check out before somebody hits the universe’s reset button.

If anybody has a problem with the way the competition is being run, please refer to the third paragraph of the second last post of the fiftyseventh sticky on the forum home page.

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2012 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Jury’s out.

The winner of the 5$ GC is Richard Haseltine for his entry below.

Why I needed to start a new thread with a new title when there are already other threads started by others with the same issue, in which the best advice available has already been given

Thread title has been changed, but note that Magento truncates the title to 150 characters. Gotta love Magento!

And for an unprecedented first time ever the jury’s decided to award a consolation second place of $2 to SimonJM for his entry below.

Magento is on the naughty step.

Thank you to all for your participation in this competition. Winners will receive their GC by PM (if I ever manage to get them checked out).

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

So I’ve managed to get into the store and it turns out to buy a Gift Card you need to provide the recipient’s full name and email address. Why not simply give me a GC code I can PM to them like the old store? ISN’T THERE A SINGLE BLOODY THING THAT WORKS PROPERLY AROUND HERE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m surprised I don’t need to provide their DOB, SSN, bank account details and password as well.

Sheesh.

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30
cridgit - 30 June 2012 06:53 PM

ISN’T THERE A SINGLE BLOODY THING THAT WORKS PROPERLY AROUND HERE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No.

But that’s Mangeto.

Posted: 30 June 2012 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2552
Joined  2007-12-07

Wow, thank you for the 2nd placing - especially since I did not get around to responding to your question about adding it as an entry!  I try and keep up with threads that interest me but managed to miss this - I wonder what you’ll guess I’d lay the blame on ...? wink

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 01 July 2012 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15167
Joined  2003-10-09
cridgit - 30 June 2012 06:53 PM

So I’ve managed to get into the store and it turns out to buy a Gift Card you need to provide the recipient’s full name and email address. Why not simply give me a GC code I can PM to them like the old store? ISN’T THERE A SINGLE BLOODY THING THAT WORKS PROPERLY AROUND HERE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m surprised I don’t need to provide their DOB, SSN, bank account details and password as well.

Sheesh.

Actually, since it’s just a code I think you can still do it the old way - the email is just a way to send the code directly. But let’s try it - buy the GC yourself, PM me the code, and I’ll claim it; if it doesn’t work for me you can claim the code yourself and I just lose out (I’m probably going to regret this, aren’t I?).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 01 July 2012 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15167
Joined  2003-10-09

To answer the question, yes it is possible to send a Gift Card code to another person so that they can claim the credit as it was with the old site, so we have a choice - send the GC to yourself and pass it on or use the store system to send it directly to the recipient.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

3 of 3