Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Why I needed to start a new thread with a new title when there are already other threads started by others with the same issue, in which the best advi
Posted: 23 June 2012 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15150
Joined  2003-10-09

How about something along the lines of

I’ve been using IE for 75 years without a problem. What’s next .

That will certainly catch peoples attention.

Have you noticed the announcment section BTW, there may be something there that could pertain to your problem

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 23 June 2012 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  135
Joined  2010-09-22

ummm…. how about

CLICK HERE to fix DAZ store - No Downside

Posted: 23 June 2012 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13441
Joined  2003-10-09

a) trying an alternative browser doesn’t force you to make it your default, and may fix your problem, so why not try it?

b) why did you need to start a new thread with a new title when there are already other threads started by others with the same issue, in which the best advice available has already been given?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 23 June 2012 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  536
Joined  2011-04-14

How about:

“Give the Castellan the five dollar gift card”? :D

Posted: 23 June 2012 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Richard, Cho: bearing in mind the purpose of this thread is not to complain about the forum, but the store, I’ll give a short answer.

I haven’t seen the announcements because frankly I cannot find my way around these forums. I takes me ages to locate my own threads and posts and at least 80% of other posts go by without me ever seeing them due to terrible forum design and utter information overload. Why did I feel the need to start a new thread on the subject? Because honestly I’d rather stick screwdrivers through my tongue than trying to use the new forum (or store for that matter).

I’ve been having problems like many other people, but have been standing quietly off to the side watching all of this waiting for DAZ to resurface. Every day the disbelief with which I watch this catastrophe unfold, grows beyond my own worst expectations. After finally having had enough I decided to try a positive/humorous way to deal with the incredible frustration I’ve had trying to be part of the community here on the forums and buy stuff since the new site launch. I guess I just go back to not giving a fork and maybe come back to DAZ and 3D in a year or so. Maybe.

There, not such a short answer but now I’ve come out and said it. I’ll probably edit this post tomorrow grin

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 23 June 2012 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Invisible Products ‘Worth’ Every Penny! (fictionalromance)

$5 GC for you ... Soon! (SimonJM)

If you forward this thread to 3 mods before the end of the day you will also get your downloads (belovedalia)

If you don’t forward this thread to 3 mods your downloads won’t appear (belovedalia)

It’s Been a Rough Week, and I’m Achy All Over, Out of Advil, and Too Tired to Come Up With a Catchy Title About Not Being Able to Download One’s Purchases Thread (Kyoto Kid)

I’ve been using IE for 75 years without a problem. What’s next? (chohole)

CLICK HERE to fix DAZ store - No Downside (gopherus)

Why I needed to start a new thread with a new title when there are already other threads started by others with the same issue, in which the best advice available has already been given. (richard haseltine)

Give the Castellan the five dollar gift card (TheCastellan)

RH: hope you don’t mind I borrowed your question #2 for a thread title suggestion which I think sounds pretty funny. I’ll drop it if you want.

Castellan: Not sure how many people would click on that, eh? wink

Signature 

Posted: 23 June 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30
cridgit - 22 June 2012 07:36 PM
niccipb - 22 June 2012 07:08 PM

Hi cridgit

I don’t have a title for the thread but, I’ve had the same thing happen with IE and I’ve heard others have also

Have you tried downloading with a different browser?  Firefox, Chrome

I switched to Chrome and the download worked no problem

Hope this helps… smile

Thanks for the tip but no can do. I’ve been using IE for 75 years without a problem. What’s next ... I need to change my PC to use the DAZ store? Or move home? Or change gender?

Only if you turn into a beautiful 18 year old female. LOL

As for a suggestion:

cridgit’s widgit’s

(widgit = learning tool)

Posted: 23 June 2012 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

I cleared the IE cache and managed to download Neftis’ Beautiful Black Hairstyles, but STILL cannot download Useful Landscape Essentials despite trying multiple times to the clear cache. Note: at GREAT inconvenience to me - the paying customer - as I have to re-login to all the other sites I frequent on a daily basis.

I refuse to install additional browsers simply to download a product I paid good money for, so I have requested a refund of Landscape Essentials. Sorry, FirstBastion.

Starting now I refuse to purchase another product from DAZ until this mess is sorted. Other than $5 GC I owe somebody, of course.

Signature 

Posted: 24 June 2012 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  601
Joined  2007-05-26

Well it seemed funny when I wrote it…. but maybe not

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 25 June 2012 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
MrPoser - 24 June 2012 01:46 AM

Well it seemed funny when I wrote it…. but maybe not

Hi MrPoser

Did I miss a post? I didn’t see an earlier post of yours here, so what are you referring to?

Signature 

Posted: 25 June 2012 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  601
Joined  2007-05-26

I just wrote over a rather crude joke I had posted which didn’t read as funny as when I posted it… I didn’t want to just delete the post since I am not sure if that would break the thread in the new “improved?” forum.

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 25 June 2012 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
MrPoser - 25 June 2012 10:55 AM

I just wrote over a rather crude joke I had posted which didn’t read as funny as when I posted it… I didn’t want to just delete the post since I am not sure if that would break the thread in the new “improved?” forum.

Plus you can’t delete posts. Moderators can move posts out of a thread, but we don’t delete posts normally, just put them somewhere else.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge

Posted: 25 June 2012 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2264
Joined  2007-12-07
chohole - 25 June 2012 11:06 AM

Plus you can’t delete posts. Moderators can move posts out of a thread, but we don’t delete posts normally, just put them somewhere else.

They go to the ‘naughty step’ smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 25 June 2012 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
SimonJM - 25 June 2012 02:37 PM

Yeah, but you should see where we have installed our naughty step.

Signature 

Posted: 25 June 2012 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2264
Joined  2007-12-07
chohole - 25 June 2012 02:58 PM
SimonJM - 25 June 2012 02:37 PM

Yeah, but you should see where we have installed our naughty step.

It’s Magento, isn’t it? smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

2 of 3