Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Why I needed to start a new thread with a new title when there are already other threads started by others with the same issue, in which the best advi
Posted: 22 June 2012 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2009-12-07

I place an order and pay for it. I cannot download my products due to a problem with my order, but my download counts change (see screenshots below to show I’m not lying like I usually do).

I couldn’t think of a title that would get ANYBODY to read this thread:
- More Store Problems
- Cannot Download Product
- Is This a Store Bug?
- DAZ Please Help
- Nude Celebrities
- AAAAAARGH!
- If You Don’t Read This Now You Will Die In 3 Days

So I’m running a competition. The best suggestion for a suitable thread title that 1) will get everyone to read it, 2) describes the problem and 3) uses humour/irony/tongue in cheek, will win a $5 GC. There is no set time for the competition; I will just decide one day when we have enough entries.

Oh, and I know I’ll never have to actually give the winner $5 BECAUSE THEY’LL NEVER GET THE FARKIN STORE FIXED!

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 22 June 2012 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

I place and pay for my order. Order status complete

I cannot download my product.

My download count has been changed.

WTF?

Image Attachments
Picture1.jpg
Picture2.jpg
Picture3.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 22 June 2012 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2010-06-18

Hi cridgit

I don’t have a title for the thread but, I’ve had the same thing happen with IE and I’ve heard others have also

Have you tried downloading with a different browser?  Firefox, Chrome

I switched to Chrome and the download worked no problem

Hope this helps… smile

Posted: 22 June 2012 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1784
Joined  2010-02-14

Well, this certainly is a rather interesting way to go about a complaint thread! LOL

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 22 June 2012 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-06-18
RCDeschene - 22 June 2012 07:21 PM

Well, this certainly is a rather interesting way to go about a complaint thread! LOL

LOL  That would make a good thread title… LOL

Posted: 22 June 2012 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
niccipb - 22 June 2012 07:08 PM

Hi cridgit

I don’t have a title for the thread but, I’ve had the same thing happen with IE and I’ve heard others have also

Hope this helps… smile

Thanks for the tip but no can do. I’ve been using IE for 75 years without a problem. What’s next ... I need to change my PC to use the DAZ store? Or move home? Or change gender?

Signature 

Posted: 22 June 2012 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5258
Joined  2012-04-07

Is this the product?  http://www.daz3d.com/shop/useful-landscape-essentials-bundle/

Need to contact Sales Support anyway then to get a refund on the price difference as it’s on sale.

Might be that your order was going through when the product was being reset or something. [I don’t profess to comprehend how this site works, just an idea]

—also notice the date differences, order was the 22nd and downloads are dated for the 23rd ... it’s still the 22nd over here while I’m typing this.

nm - missed list so removed suggestion.

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 22 June 2012 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-06-18
cridgit - 22 June 2012 07:36 PM
niccipb - 22 June 2012 07:08 PM

Hi cridgit

Hope this helps… smile

Thanks for the tip but no can do. I’ve been using IE for 75 years without a problem. What’s next ... I need to change my PC to use the DAZ store? Or move home? Or change gender?

I understand completely, we all shouldn’t have to jump through hoops or flaming hoops for that matter to get around the site and get our stuff.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere here ( don’t know where ) that they are working on the browser issue, maybe s…...

Posted: 22 June 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
Patience55 - 22 June 2012 07:39 PM

Is this the product?  http://www.daz3d.com/shop/useful-landscape-essentials-bundle/

Need to contact Sales Support anyway then to get a refund on the price difference as it’s on sale.

Might be that your order was going through when the product was being reset or something. [I don’t profess to comprehend how this site works, just an idea]

—also notice the date differences, order was the 22nd and downloads are dated for the 23rd ... it’s still the 22nd over here while I’m typing this.

Yes but I bought some other stuff too, like the secret code to the real working forum. Hahaaaa suckers!

I hadn’t noticed the date but by jeeves you may be right. That’s probably because I’m in Singapore, so the store may have logged my order using Paypal Singapore’s order date whereas the download are registered on US time. Gawsh, has ANYBODY ever used this store software before? If you’re right then what an absolute gobsmackingly terribly designed piece of software.

Signature 

Posted: 22 June 2012 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5258
Joined  2012-04-07
cridgit - 22 June 2012 07:46 PM
Patience55 - 22 June 2012 07:39 PM

Yes but I bought some other stuff too, like the secret code to the real working forum. Hahaaaa suckers!

I hadn’t noticed the date but by jeeves you may be right. That’s probably because I’m in Singapore, so the store may have logged my order using Paypal Singapore’s order date whereas the download are registered on US time. Gawsh, has ANYBODY ever used this store software before? If you’re right then what an absolute gobsmackingly terribly designed piece of software.

I haven’t used Paypal to pay for orders [used to be a way to hold the orders ‘til payday] but yes that can cause a delay ... somehow yes the order will go through ... but Paypal has to confirm it back to Daz3d and then the downloads are released. Joys of computer controls. Have read of others having some kinds of problems using Paypal ... AFAIK it gets ironed out in the end.

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 22 June 2012 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  572
Joined  2011-05-31

I read somewhere that others were advised to clear cache/cookies then go back and try to download. I don’t know if it works or not but thought I would at least mention what others have.

ps. What about…Invisible Products ‘Worth’ Every Penny!

Signature 

Known as fictionalbookshelf on Renderosity.
My Freebies
My Store

Posted: 22 June 2012 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1842
Joined  2008-05-31

If you attempt to download a file and it fails, it usually eats one download. So nothing unusual here.

As far as I can see they have fixed at least one of the major download server problems within the last couple of days. But then, sometimes when you fix something you break something else. So who knows. In any case, I’ve just downloaded a lot of files with no problems at all.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 22 June 2012 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2618
Joined  2007-12-07

I think it should be entitled: “$5 GC for you ... Soon!”

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 23 June 2012 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1618
Joined  2005-02-25

“If you forward this thread to 3 mods before the end of the day you will also get your downloads”
“If you don’t forward this thread to 3 mods your downloads won’t appear”

like those annoying chain emails lol

Posted: 23 June 2012 01:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12573
Joined  2007-11-06

...the It’s Been a Rough Week, and I’m Achy All Over, Out of Advil, and Too Tired to Come Up With a Catchy Title About Not Being Able to Download One’s Purchases Thread.

...best I can do in a pinch.

...I wish they sold Red Bull in a two litre size.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 23 June 2012 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Thank you all for the support, suggestions and thread titles. So far we have:

Invisible Products ‘Worth’ Every Penny! (fictionalromance)

$5 GC for you ... Soon! (SimonJM)

If you forward this thread to 3 mods before the end of the day you will also get your downloads (belovedalia)

If you don’t forward this thread to 3 mods your downloads won’t appear (belovedalia)

It’s Been a Rough Week, and I’m Achy All Over, Out of Advil, and Too Tired to Come Up With a Catchy Title About Not Being Able to Download One’s Purchases Thread (Kyoto Kid)

Signature 

1 of 3