Product Updates: DIM Zips starting July 2013
Updated May 25 2014
1) This list only includes non-Genesis/Genesis2F items. For Genesis/G2F updates see Jay_NOLA's thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3885/
2) I only started tracking these in July 2013, so zips may have been updated prior to that date.
3) Even if a zip hasn't been updated after its initial release in DIM, it may include updates from the older installers.
4) It usually takes 24-72 hours for an update to show up in DIM, and sometimes longer. The dates I list are the dates reported by DIM as the "Installer Date", which is the date the zip was packaged, not when it first went live on the server.
5) Updates often include removal of Poser 4 versions, Weblinks, and readme's, and conversion of .rsr's to .png's. I have not listed these changes in the reasons for the update.
6) I have broken down the primary reason for an update into 5 categories:
-- Content Changes: These are fixes to the actual content and are usually of interest to everyone -- if they only apply to certain applications I note that information. If they also include metadata fixes or path changes (beyond what is needed just because of changed files) I note that as well.
-- Metadata Only: If the changes are of interest ONLY to those who use metadata/Smart Content, I note them here.
-- Path Changes: If the paths have changed but the old versions work just as well, I note them here. For example, some of Jack Tomalin's railroad cars were initially in the Architecture folder, and were later updated to be in Vehicles.
-- No Substantive Change: Some changes have no effect on how the product works or appears inside your application, such as file names or descriptions of the zips, or extra files accidentally included in the zips.
WHAT'S IN THE FOLLOWING POSTS:
The following 3 posts sort this information 3 ways:
-- Categorized as described above
-- Chronologically (most recent changes first)
The information is the same in all 3 posts.