Digital Art Zone

shortcut keys not working daz studio 4…
Posted: 22 June 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2007-03-17

A few days back, i started up daz studio 4 as i normally do…and when i hit “ctrl+Z” to undo a mistake i noticed it wouldn’t undo it,same deal when i hit the “delete” key it wouldn’t remove the items from the scene. Ctrl+y is no longer redoing actions either..i have to constantly use the menu to do anything now and it’s cutting into my workflow. why is it suddenly doing this? reinstalling didn’t fix it either :<

Posted: 22 June 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14719
Joined  2003-10-09

Try reloading your layout (Window>Workspace>Select layout) or custom actions (Edit>Customise or, for DS 4.5, Window>Customise).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 22 June 2012 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1586
Joined  2010-02-14

Oh my God! This happens to me too! big surprise

I had no idea it could be fixed that way. However, there is no such “Customize” option in either my Edit or Window menus…

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 23 June 2012 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8121
Joined  2009-05-14
RCDeschene - 22 June 2012 08:07 PM

Oh my God! This happens to me too! big surprise

I had no idea it could be fixed that way. However, there is no such “Customize” option in either my Edit or Window menus…

In that case go to Windows > Workspace > Select Layout. I had another user, two days ago, saying that some menu commands went missing when the layout changed without help from the user. wink The Ghost in the machine and all that. smile

Once you get the desired layout back and all is well either press F4 or Windows > Workspace > Save Layout as…and save your layout with a more memorable name. My memory is fairly bad these days (yep getting old) so I did this early on once I got my Layout how I wanted it. Plus it is customised so saving it made sense too.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 23 June 2012 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14719
Joined  2003-10-09

I had the location of Customise wrong for Ds4.5 - it’s Edit>Workspace>Customise. The command may be missing when using the Full Service (beta) layout, as it hides several “advanced” features.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 19 April 2013 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-06-07

Tanks dude.

Posted: 19 April 2013 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3015
Joined  2004-10-25
Szark - 23 June 2012 06:08 AM

Once you get the desired layout back and all is well either press F4 or Windows > Workspace > Save Layout as…and save your layout with a more memorable name. My memory is fairly bad these days (yep getting old) so I did this early on once I got my Layout how I wanted it. Plus it is customised so saving it made sense too.

Yes, I started doing that with DS 2 and have continued doing it with DS 3 and DS 4.  Saves a lot of aggravation if something in the layout goes wonky.  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 19 April 2013 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

Happened to me too some time ago, and I could’t understand what happened. Reset to default, and it got back to normal.