Digital Art Zone

2 of 78
Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender?
Posted: 27 July 2013 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-08-11

Still very much a WIP but got the shaders just about in place.  Faceplate and blaster bubble needs some reflection.

Also, if Joe is about.  I’m really wanting to create some hard surfaces in ZBrush but don’t know how to go about that.  I don’t like the Faceplate trim around the bubble still.  I really worked on getting that improved but seeing it here I still hate the way it’s looking.  Any suggestions or tutorials you can point me too??  Again, ZBrush is what I prefer to use mostly! 

This is fitted to Genesis 01

Image Attachments
WildfireWIP.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 28 July 2013 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  785
Joined  2006-06-12
RAMWolff - 27 July 2013 10:35 AM

Still very much a WIP but got the shaders just about in place.  Faceplate and blaster bubble needs some reflection.

Also, if Joe is about.  I’m really wanting to create some hard surfaces in ZBrush but don’t know how to go about that.  I don’t like the Faceplate trim around the bubble still.  I really worked on getting that improved but seeing it here I still hate the way it’s looking.  Any suggestions or tutorials you can point me too??  Again, ZBrush is what I prefer to use mostly! 

This is fitted to Genesis 01

just keep the polycount low and experiment with with edgeloop and inflate.  the fewer polygons you’re working with the easier it will be to keep surfaces flat, even width and straight.  with lots of polygons things get lumpy fast.  try out the different delete and align loop options in the geometries edgeloop tab too.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 28 July 2013 02:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12

i just couldn’t bring myself to put studded belts on everything

Image Attachments
guy1.jpgguy4jpg.jpgguy2.jpgguy3jpg.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 28 July 2013 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6523
Joined  2003-10-09

“Hulk Thirsty”

Image Attachments
Hulk_Thirsty.jpg
 Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Posted: 28 July 2013 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Thanks Joe.  grin

Your Guy Gardner outfit looks awesome! 

Love the Hulk render!  Funny!  LOL

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 28 July 2013 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-11-22

Nice work on Guy Joe

Signature 

http://6and6.deviantart.com/

Posted: 28 July 2013 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2003-10-09

I never read many comics as a kid and even as an adult, I’ve only followed one title with devotion for several years, Fred Perry’s Gold Digger from Antarctic Press.  But some characters just grab my interest.  One ‘villain” that falls into that category is Otto Gunther Octavius, better known as Doctor Octopus, one of Spiderman’s oldest foes.

I don’t know, I just like the idea of this middle-aged, rather stout fellow, who, on his own likely gets heavily winded simply ascending a few flights of stairs, but with the aid of serpentine, clawed “WALDO” limbs can hold his own against beings who can bench press automobiles.

I decided to go “old school” with this design.  I gave Doc’ Ock a rumpled haz-mat suit (offered in one of those long withdrawn Sanctum Arts sets).  When introduced, Octavius a jumpsuit that depicted wrinkles and folds like most fabrics would have.  Only later did artists draw him in a “second skin” spandex ensemble.  I also gave him the older, bulkier control harness that he originally wore over the jumpsuit.  Later illustrators effectively did away with it.  (The harness was supposedly hidden by his clothing, but as tight as his Lycra clothes were depicted, there were no contours revealing that he wore it.)  There’s one element I adapted from the newer designs.  The tentacles emerge from the back of the harness as opposed to the sides (as was depicted for decades).  If sprouting from the sides, Doc’ can’t let his normal arms hang freely.  The WALDO limbs are from the A3 StellarKnights set by BugzLife.  They look almost identical to the ones originally drawn by Steve Ditko.  Only downside, they are not “EasyPose”, but they did come with some presets.

Sincerely,

Bill

Image Attachments
M3-Doc-Ock-J-1.jpg

Posted: 28 July 2013 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Doc Oc looks very good! 

Here is my next faze.  Getting the boots refashioned to look like Cockrums design, came out well.  Got the blaster bits on the boots.  Need to make some clickable options to turn off the boot parts and the Genesis feet so they look good.  I think I’m going to do a 2nd skin rather than messing with the SuperSuit, seems like a good option for this sort of hero.  Shorts are refashioned too, belt is wider and the sides are pulled up a bit more. 

Image Attachments
Wildfire-WIP-02.jpg
 Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 28 July 2013 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2163
Joined  2003-10-09
Redfern - 28 July 2013 12:18 PM

I never read many comics as a kid and even as an adult, I’ve only followed one title with devotion for several years, Fred Perry’s Gold Digger from Antarctic Press.  But some characters just grab my interest.  One ‘villain” that falls into that category is Otto Gunther Octavius, better known as Doctor Octopus, one of Spiderman’s oldest foes.

I don’t know, I just like the idea of this middle-aged, rather stout fellow, who, on his own likely gets heavily winded simply ascending a few flights of stairs, but with the aid of serpentine, clawed “WALDO” limbs can hold his own against beings who can bench press automobiles.

I decided to go “old school” with this design.  I gave Doc’ Ock a rumpled haz-mat suit (offered in one of those long withdrawn Sanctum Arts sets).  When introduced, Octavius a jumpsuit that depicted wrinkles and folds like most fabrics would have.  Only later did artists draw him in a “second skin” spandex ensemble.  I also gave him the older, bulkier control harness that he originally wore over the jumpsuit.  Later illustrators effectively did away with it.  (The harness was supposedly hidden by his clothing, but as tight as his Lycra clothes were depicted, there were no contours revealing that he wore it.)  There’s one element I adapted from the newer designs.  The tentacles emerge from the back of the harness as opposed to the sides (as was depicted for decades).  If sprouting from the sides, Doc’ can’t let his normal arms hang freely.  The WALDO limbs are from the A3 StellarKnights set by BugzLife.  They look almost identical to the ones originally drawn by Steve Ditko.  Only downside, they are not “EasyPose”, but they did come with some presets.

Sincerely,

Bill

ok, where did you find the tentacles?

Posted: 28 July 2013 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12
LycanthropeX - 28 July 2013 10:46 PM
Redfern - 28 July 2013 12:18 PM

I never read many comics as a kid and even as an adult, I’ve only followed one title with devotion for several years, Fred Perry’s Gold Digger from Antarctic Press.  But some characters just grab my interest.  One ‘villain” that falls into that category is Otto Gunther Octavius, better known asDoctor Octopus, one of Spiderman’s oldest foes.

Sincerely,

Bill

ok, where did you find the tentacles?

bold added for emphasis

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 28 July 2013 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

bold for emphasis WHERE link?

Posted: 29 July 2013 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-06-12
LycanthropeX - 28 July 2013 11:38 PM

Here you go.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 29 July 2013 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-04-09

Does anyone know where I can find decent Batman glove spikes?  The only ones I’ve ever found are the FLEXX Suit ones from www.realmofsavage.com

Posted: 29 July 2013 12:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4994
Joined  2005-08-03

Because googling it doesn’t bring up squat but no-no sites, here:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/stellar-knights-suits/56842

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Free Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 29 July 2013 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Vaskania - 29 July 2013 12:29 AM

Because googling it doesn’t bring up squat but no-no sites, here:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/stellar-knights-suits/56842

thanks, i tried googling it, much obliged

2 of 78