3 of 101
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5
Posted: 24 July 2013 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2564
Joined  2004-07-06

Thank you Rareth.

Now Dave, these lines here, that sort of drag down across the water surface are interesting.  (don’t get me wrong, it’s an excellent render) but you probably guess by now that what the render engine does with materials is where most of my attention lies.  And here, with these lines, it’s a good example of what happens when the virtual normal generated by the bump provides a result that lies on the other side of the surface on which the material is applied (oh for parallax mapping - that would be high up on my wish list of Bryce 8) - dirty fast self occluding parallax mapping working off geometry normals.  Anyhow, if you tinker with reflection correction you will find these lines will vanish and you will get instead of a view at 90 degrees to the geometry normal, a reflection instead, devoid of bump effect where the bump gets too extreme.  Or lower the bump setting - in the range 10 - 0 it’s almost impossible for the DTE to generate a value capable of breaking the mapping - I would have been more confident but since I unearth the extreme alpha output from DTE - even very low values can be made into virtual geometry breakers.

Edit.  On a new page so I will provide a picture to illustrate.

Image Attachments
lines.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 24 July 2013 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2007-12-10

Reflection correction it is then. I have to go out again tonight so I’ll try and remember to set it rendering for when I get home.
Thanks for the tip David. smile

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 24 July 2013 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
TheSavage64 - 24 July 2013 08:41 AM

Reflection correction it is then. I have to go out again tonight so I’ll try and remember to set it rendering for when I get home.
Thanks for the tip David. smile

Reflection correction in this case I don’t think will improve your image, the streaks look almost anisotropic (which I like)  - but lowering the bump value might help.

Oh another variation.  Last example but with refraction set to 10 on the inner cube, the cube made slightly larger and the FOV of the camera enlarged. (edit: and moved the sun around to change the haze colour via blend with sun haze option)

Image Attachments
super_reflection6.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 24 July 2013 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-11-26

Thanks Michael for your comment on the ice cream cone. Love the effect of the lighted models, your work is truly amazing.

Had some time this morning and tried:

Extreme materials - creating an abstract pattern with super reflection - by David Brinnen

I think I still need to tweak them a bit but abstracts are abstracts right.

I noticed, David uploaded another video. Thanks

Image Attachments
superref1.jpgsuperref2.jpg

Posted: 24 July 2013 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  641
Joined  2010-02-18

I think I still need to tweak them

No, no…Mermaid, these are super as is. Love the first best…if you rotated this by 90 degrees, it would look like some kind of huge library of books smile Must give David’s vid a look later on tonight.

Jay

Posted: 24 July 2013 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
mermaid010 - 24 July 2013 09:32 AM

Thanks Michael for your comment on the ice cream cone. Love the effect of the lighted models, your work is truly amazing.

Had some time this morning and tried:

Extreme materials - creating an abstract pattern with super reflection - by David Brinnen

I think I still need to tweak them a bit but abstracts are abstracts right.

I noticed, David uploaded another video. Thanks

That was quick work!  Good…  OK here’s another variant, just upped the ray depth to 80 and increased the size of the inner cube to mop up more light, opened out the FOV and finally bolted on Horo’s Extreme Wide Angle lens 300 degrees.

Rendered in less than 5 minutes on my machine.

Image Attachments
super_reflection7.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2013 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3477
Joined  2004-10-01

@Michael - those temples look very nice. Long render time? I’m not surprised. Nevertheless, worth the wait.

@David - great effect. Got to look at it once I have the present task off my table. The last one with the EWL shows nicely where the 180° are.

@Dave - apart from the issue discussed by David, a very nice setup.

@mermaid010 - good student, looks good.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 24 July 2013 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15648
Joined  2003-10-09

My latest.  A tad of postwork on this one, to bring out out the mystery.

Image Attachments
Moonlight_swim.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 24 July 2013 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1453
Joined  2011-09-25

@David:  Now that you mention it, I do see a few things in your neon - trip image.  Two can’t be talked about, but the object in the center appears, to me, as a tree trying to grow horizontally.  It’s either that or someone stuck in a bent backward position expecting a kiss.  And no, I see no cubes because of Oding on Minecraft; which I must get back to, so many ores to mine, things to build.  Your new videos are really great, and so are the results.  During your presentation, you explained why using a sphere for the outer object is harder and won’t give the same results.  This is something I had trouble with some time ago when using a sphere to create abstracts.  Information better late than sorry.

@Dave:  That’s a really nice scene.  You’re getting good use out of those new clouds.

@mermaid:  Those two look really cool—if cool is said anymore.  I see I’ll have to try my hand, sometime.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 24 July 2013 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  173
Joined  2009-05-04

@chohole: That is lovely.

Posted: 24 July 2013 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2007-12-10

Those palm trees along the shore are in the bin… corrupted file (ooooops, hundreds of trees not good).

Turned my attention back to my temple model (mostly built by multi-replication)... here’s a quick render using (you guessed it) the HDRI pre-rendered skies from David and Horo.

Image Attachments
TempleSkyTestALT.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 24 July 2013 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2685
Joined  2007-05-05

I sure have missed a lot!! everyone has some really nice renders…..I have been playing with Vue…just something new and affordable

Signature 

Please remember my comprehension level is not the same as a rocket scientist…
Bryce7Pro-Addict…............Darkside-oholic…......Carrara-wannabee
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

Posted: 24 July 2013 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

@David:  The last image is really fascinating.  Now that I finished my bowl of ice cream I’ll have to re-watch those videos to give this a shot.

@Pam:  That is a gorgeous scene.  Love the slight play of light in the foreground.  Very nice work.

@Dave:  That is a magnificent model.  And those clouds are a good choice.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.

Posted: 25 July 2013 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Beautifully composed image Pam, my only observation is that there seems to be a lack of deep shadows, given the predominant light source of the moon.  Of course night images are very tricky.  What with rendering being so dependent on light and the night, being, well, traditionally associated with a distinct lack of light.

Dave, your temple looks very good under this sky and whole render has a pleasing painterly quality.  (edit, looking at your shadows I see that there appears to be two suns on this world, the effect is very nice due to changes in colour and you’ve captured a lot of detail in the shadow regions) - must have taken a while to render?

Signature 

Posted: 25 July 2013 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-25

Gave David’s first new video a try and here are some of the results.

Image Attachments
Camera_n_Cube_2.pngCamera_n_Cube_4.png
 Signature 

3 of 101