2 of 101
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5
Posted: 23 July 2013 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  178
Joined  2009-08-09
TheSavage64 - 22 July 2013 04:05 PM
David Brinnen - 22 July 2013 12:19 PM

Not only an interesting shape but also, excellent use of DOF, light and materials!

Thanks David… I do have my moments.

Thanks also to you Micheal, not only for your supportive comments, but also for sharing more of your wonderful artwork and not least for sharing some of your techniques and providing some pointers as to how others can develop their own. It’s what we like most about our Bryce community.

Meanwhile, I’ve made some purchases in the DAZ store today and have invested in some of David’s products.
Here is my first play with the “Bryce 7 Pro HDRI Captured Volumetric Skies 1”

It’s a great product and certainly improves skies to volumetric standard without the increase in render times associated with using volumetric clouds. And even though the bulk of the effect does come from a pre-rendered sky saved as an HDRI, you can still edit the Bryce sky elements and customise them all to suit your scene. Loving it David, you can now expect to get fed up with seeing your skies in Show Us Your Bryce Renders 5. :+)

So just a very quick test render, with sky made orange and sun edited slightly, model of freebie ship added and rendered at Premium at 9RPP (to get all the rigging to render properly). Rendered in 20 minutes.

It’s my pleasure…  I’m very happy to help.  I’m eagerly anticipating your new scenes; very nice work!

Posted: 23 July 2013 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-09
TLBKlaus - 22 July 2013 07:38 PM

Some very impressive metaball work there… I may have to revist them soon.

Here are some older things I made with them, a Vulcan-inspired bomber and an abstract.

I’m equally impressed with that great cityscape/buildings in the background.

Posted: 23 July 2013 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-09
Horo - 23 July 2013 03:19 AM

This thread moves fast ...

@Dave - skeleton looks good, front part reminds me of a patato.
Thank you for purchasing our product. The scene with the ship loks very palusible. The desert scene looks really great.

@Michael - oldies but goldies ... I would also be happy if I could accomplish this. The sphere in the first image, are they made with metaballs too? It appears so to me. The main shape reminds me of arms of an octopus with the sucking cups.

@Rareth - another nice space cloud. Nice planet, too.

@TLBKlaus - aeroplanes look good, I like the urban area below. Abstract reminds me of a ring of bulbs.

@GussNemo - the spoon handle straightened. Are you the real Uri Geller? LOL

Thanks, Horo!  The sphere was created with nothing but a replicated torus, actually.  I made a ring, and then replicated the ring.

Posted: 23 July 2013 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-09
TheSavage64 - 22 July 2013 08:19 PM

Nice planes TLB.

This one, same HDRI as the previous one, but this time edited more for desert colours and one cloud layer removed.

Great composition!  And I love those clouds.

Posted: 23 July 2013 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-09
mermaid010 - 23 July 2013 05:18 AM

This thread is moving very fast .
Dave – the skeleton looks good, so do all your other renders.
Michael – thanks once again for sharing your awesome inspiring work.
Rareth - another nice space cloud.
TLBKlaus – both your renders are great.
GussNemo -  the spoon is looking great now

I spent the last few days playing with metaballs trying to make ice cream. I found a cool program in Horo’s site Spiralizer – its under Tools.

Thanks Dave and Rareth for your input in the challenge thread.

Your “ice cream cone in the sky” is very tantalizing.

Posted: 23 July 2013 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2689
Joined  2004-07-06
TheSavage64 - 22 July 2013 04:05 PM
David Brinnen - 22 July 2013 12:19 PM

Not only an interesting shape but also, excellent use of DOF, light and materials!

Thanks David… I do have my moments.

Thanks also to you Micheal, not only for your supportive comments, but also for sharing more of your wonderful artwork and not least for sharing some of your techniques and providing some pointers as to how others can develop their own. It’s what we like most about our Bryce community.

Meanwhile, I’ve made some purchases in the DAZ store today and have invested in some of David’s products.
Here is my first play with the “Bryce 7 Pro HDRI Captured Volumetric Skies 1”

It’s a great product and certainly improves skies to volumetric standard without the increase in render times associated with using volumetric clouds. And even though the bulk of the effect does come from a pre-rendered sky saved as an HDRI, you can still edit the Bryce sky elements and customise them all to suit your scene. Loving it David, you can now expect to get fed up with seeing your skies in Show Us Your Bryce Renders 5. :+)

So just a very quick test render, with sky made orange and sun edited slightly, model of freebie ship added and rendered at Premium at 9RPP (to get all the rigging to render properly). Rendered in 20 minutes.

Thanks for the free advertising Dave!  I think I can cope at the moment.  Not fed up yet.

Still playing with outlines here…

Image Attachments
Plan9_outline_glowing1.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 23 July 2013 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-09

Another early image from a few years ago… 
The models are made out of basic replicated elements.  The render, rather predictably, was ridiculously long.

Image Attachments
LIOex._.jpg

Posted: 23 July 2013 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1780
Joined  2011-09-25

@Horo:  Uri Geller?  Me?  No, blame it on Brycing, and an idea for beating the heat.. LOL  (wow, smileys are back, nice.)

@mermaid:  Thank you.  Retrofits and additional ideas seem to arrive slower this time of year.

@David:  Your latest image reminds me of years gone by neon art, where glass tubes were used to create, well, scenes like you’ve created.  Really like this one.

@M1chael:  That one is indeed a keeper.  Reminds me of the finds treasure hunters have in adventure movies.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 23 July 2013 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1772
Joined  2007-12-10
David Brinnen - 23 July 2013 10:36 AM

... Still playing with outlines here…

I feel a new competition coming on here: The DB Guess What the Heck it is Competition.
My answer: A gaggle of hippies hugging a broken Joshua tree? grin

It’s a good effect non the less.

Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 24 July 2013 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
TheSavage64 - 23 July 2013 08:23 PM
David Brinnen - 23 July 2013 10:36 AM

... Still playing with outlines here…

I feel a new competition coming on here: The DB Guess What the Heck it is Competition.
My answer: A gaggle of hippies hugging a broken Joshua tree? grin

It’s a good effect non the less.

Thanks Dave!  I did nearly say when I posted this image that I thought it was just on the border of abstraction.  Knowing what it is of, I can only see my original idea as opposed to the acid flash back to the 60’s.  That has given me an idea though… not to rush out in search of LSD… but I’ll see if anything comes of it before I say more.

Thank you also Jamie.  Are you seeing hippies?  Or are is everything still cubes as a result of a Minecraft OD?

Michael, yes, all those transparencies… you are not afraid of long renders, that is clear!  Metaspheres and transparencies, CPU’s must tremble in terror when then they see you approach the keyboard!

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 24 July 2013 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06

Something for the adventurous Brycers.

Extreme materials - creating an abstract pattern with super reflection - by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
super_reflection1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2013 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17029
Joined  2003-10-09
David Brinnen - 24 July 2013 02:54 AM

Extreme materials - creating an abstract pattern with super reflection - by David Brinnen

THats one of those images that moves when you use the scroll wheel

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 24 July 2013 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-06
chohole - 24 July 2013 03:43 AM

Not on my screen.  Maybe it depends on your wheel action or the zoom level of your browser?  Or even on the web browser you are using?  Or my eyes?  Anyway, given the potential of this approach I’ve made another video to show how this method can be expanded upon to get some cool effects fairly easily.

Extreme materials - creating an abstract pattern with super reflection 2 - by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
super_reflection4.jpgsuper_reflection5.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 24 July 2013 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1772
Joined  2007-12-10
David Brinnen - 24 July 2013 01:34 AM

Thanks Dave!  I did nearly say when I posted this image that I thought it was just on the border of abstraction.  Knowing what it is of, I can only see my original idea as opposed to the acid flash back to the 60’s.  That has given me an idea though… not to rush out in search of LSD… but I’ll see if anything comes of it before I say more.

Ooooo, the anticip…..

.... ation. :D

In other news: I’m still having loads of fun exploring David and Horo’s HDRI sky pack… Later today, I may start looking at gritty ground textures, which I also picked up at the same time. smile

Image Attachments
PalmShoreTA.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 24 July 2013 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1334
Joined  2006-08-19
David Brinnen - 24 July 2013 05:23 AM
chohole - 24 July 2013 03:43 AM

Not on my screen.  Maybe it depends on your wheel action or the zoom level of your browser?  Or even on the web browser you are using?  Or my eyes?  Anyway, given the potential of this approach I’ve made another video to show how this method can be expanded upon to get some cool effects fairly easily.

Extreme materials - creating an abstract pattern with super reflection 2 - by David Brinnen

Wow nice abstracts.

Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/35801

2 of 101