Digital Art Zone

89 of 101
Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5
Posted: 31 October 2013 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1321 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3823
Joined  2004-10-01

Put one above the other, just turn it around and keep the water.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 31 October 2013 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1322 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2689
Joined  2004-07-06

Here is the same process Wings 3D project - simple armoured ball - by David Brinnen but applied also to a torus.

Bryce and Octane.

Image Attachments
Torus1.jpgTorus_octane1.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 01 November 2013 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1323 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2766
Joined  2007-05-05

Guss; I have to go with the purple one you know me and purple…..

David; Love that armored ball !! so its it a render or a photo I can’t tell very real ?? The hand looks real…...

Signature 

Please remember my comprehension level is not the same as a rocket scientist…
Bryce7Pro-Addict…............Darkside-oholic…......Carrara-wannabee
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

Posted: 01 November 2013 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1324 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1780
Joined  2011-09-25

@Trish:  Thanks, it worked well in that instance, IMHO.

@David:  Nice results on those latest two.  I suppose you placed the two objects on the hand much like you did with Vicki on the table top?

Horo stated the second image of my latest TE canyons would make a good cave, and after giving it another look from that view point, I had to agree.  Though I was dubious about giving cave making another try, my first ones could have been used for kindling had the been wood, I went ahead with the task.

The initial terrain was C&V, lifted, and rotated until something resembling a cave ceiling rared its little head.  I also tilted the new terrain a bit in order to get more features into the scene.  Material was the same but didn’t look quite right so it got tweaked a bit in the DTE.  I soon discovered the original lighting I used for the canyon wasn’t going to work with this scene because the upper terrain cut off the sun and sky influence.  So sun and sky were disabled and I started tweaking the HDRI settings to add more lighting between the terrains.  Increasing the HDRI effect did increase the lighting but the material still had a rather dead look.  It was then I decided to play with Ambient to see if this would help in any way.  And it did.  Between adjusting the Ambience for the material and adjusting the global Ambient settings I finally started to see something that appealed to me.  Something was still missing so I dropped a radial light into the mix and enlarged it to fill the space between both terrains.  To cut this diatribe short, playing with Ambient, the HDRI, and the radial light I finally got something that might be called a cave.  I also tried one with the radial light repositioned and one without the HDRI and using TA.  As usual, your suggestions are gladly accepted.

Image Attachments
TEcanyon_Cave_1.pngTEcanyon_Cave_2.pngTEcanyon_Cave_3.pngTEcanyon_Cave_4.pngTEcanyon_Cave_5.png
 Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 01 November 2013 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1325 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01

@GussNemo - I like what you did here. As a closed cave, the fourth looks probably the most dramatic. The one open at one side, I prefer the third. The cave as such looks very nice.

HDRI from inside (without TA/Obscure) works only if the scene is built around the world centre. The HDRI is in the world centre. If the terrain is not set to solid, you can disable shadow casting for it. Then, light can penetrate.

For a closed cave, I would go for conventional lighting altogether. Think of a cave that can be visited. It’s pitch black within but artificial lights are set at strategic points to the wall. Their influence should be short - perhaps use even square falloff. You’ll need several lights. And if you have the courage and time, an opening - a slit or hole - to the outside and a light shaft ...

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 01 November 2013 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1326 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17027
Joined  2003-10-09
Horo - 01 November 2013 01:09 PM

@GussNemo - I like what you did here. As a closed cave, the fourth looks probably the most dramatic. The one open at one side, I prefer the third. The cave as such looks very nice.

HDRI from inside (without TA/Obscure) works only if the scene is built around the world centre. The HDRI is in the world centre. If the terrain is not set to solid, you can disable shadow casting for it. Then, light can penetrate.

For a closed cave, I would go for conventional lighting altogether. Think of a cave that can be visited. It’s pitch black within but artificial lights are set at strategic points to the wall. Their influence should be short - perhaps use even square falloff. You’ll need several lights. And if you have the courage and time, an opening - a slit or hole - to the outside and a light shaft ...

sounds good that, a bit like this lovely cave.  http://www.scherminator.com/britain/caves/c5.jpg  just a few miles away from us.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 01 November 2013 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1327 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05

WOW.. chohole you sure do live in a neat part of the world!!

Guss; Its between the 3rd and last ...I can’t choose…....

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/269      http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/28462/

Posted: 01 November 2013 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1328 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
bullit35744 - 01 November 2013 04:32 PM

WOW.. chohole you sure do live in a neat part of the world!!

Guss; Its between the 3rd and last ...I can’t choose…....

Yes.  We moved here when we retired, but before that it used to be a fave place for holidays.  Where I actually live is sort of a small town, large village, but I see Mountains from my front window, and don’t have to go far to see more and walk around them, and when you have mountains you do tend to get caves.  The one I posted the link to is part of the Dan yr ogof show caves, and that particular cave is called the Cathedral Cave.  When you go down there, they play music, it is wonderful to hear it reverberating round the cave,  and yet you can walk along a passage and the sound disappears, and then will come back at another point.

At one point, if you go on a guided tour, they turn the lights off, to show you how dark it is down there.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge

Posted: 01 November 2013 11:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1329 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1780
Joined  2011-09-25

@Horo:  Thank you very much.  I agree with you about the fourth image, though I’d be happier if I could get the foreground a bit darker.  The last one results from moving the radial light a bit south and disabling the HDRI.

Keep in mind that the south end is not closed, it is open just as it was in the TE canyon.  And since I tilted the upper terrain toward the north, light from outside can get inside.  The first time I adjusted the lighting I disabled the HDRI after the sun and the scene went dark.  So I re-enabled the HDRI, added the radial light and played around adjusting Ambience.  The fifth image is lit only with an enlarged radial light moves a bit to the south, with TA enabled so the back upper wall can receive a bit of reflected light.  When time permits I think I’ll give your suggestion of total black with multiple lights a try, I need to work on lighting anyway.

@Pam:  That is a gorgeous cave.  How far does it extend?  When I first saw that picture it reminded me of David’s scene with the sidewalls.

@Trish:  Thanks.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 02 November 2013 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1330 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
chohole - 01 November 2013 03:23 PM

sounds good that, a bit like this lovely cave.  http://www.scherminator.com/britain/caves/c5.jpg  just a few miles away from us.

That’s our nearest one, 20 minutes from home: http://www.lac-souterrain.com/index_eng.html. I was allowed half an hour before opening to shoot an HDRI panorama 5 years ago. I should use it once in a render, come to think of it.

Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2013 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1331 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-05

Horo; that is a really beautiful cave….and the rocks they sell came from the cave also? Yes please due render the panorama would love to see that as well….wish I could have visited your country…but the military has a job for you to do so I wasn’t supposed to be on vacation…LOL Trish

Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2013 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1332 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Horo - 02 November 2013 03:21 AM
chohole - 01 November 2013 03:23 PM

That’s our nearest one, 20 minutes from home: http://www.lac-souterrain.com/index_eng.html. I was allowed half an hour before opening to shoot an HDRI panorama 5 years ago. I should use it once in a render, come to think of it.

Wow, that is lovely Horo

The Dan yr Ogof system is 11+ miles of caves.  The first section of the cave system is open to the public, but the extensive cave system beyond is scheduled as a National Nature Reserve and is open only to bona-fide cavers.

Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2013 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1333 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2689
Joined  2004-07-06
GussNemo - 01 November 2013 12:25 PM

@David:  Nice results on those latest two.  I suppose you placed the two objects on the hand much like you did with Vicki on the table top?

The hand is Lora’s I just exported the hand and wrist from DS.

I like 4 best, nice lighting.

Here’s another little Wings 3D ball project.  Wings 3D project - simple armoured ball 2 - by David Brinnen

Edit: And Wings 3D project - extracted organic cube twist - by David Brinnen

Image Attachments
Ball_2.jpgBall2.jpgWings_extracted_organic_cube_twist1.jpgWings_extracted_organic_cube_twist1_octane.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 02 November 2013 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1334 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-01
bullit35744 - 02 November 2013 04:07 AM

Horo; that is a really beautiful cave….and the rocks they sell came from the cave also? Yes please due render the panorama would love to see that as well….wish I could have visited your country…but the military has a job for you to do so I wasn’t supposed to be on vacation…LOL Trish

Well, the free light probe for Bryce in 3 different diameters I had made there have been waiting on my website for 3-1/2 years to get downloaded. Raytracing > Resources > HR-HDRI > Page 1.

@Pam - when I was in England, I visited the Wooky Hole Caves and the Cheddar caves in the southwest of England. I came even as far as south-east Wales - Tintern Abbey, the Wye valley on a mystery tour with British Rail.

@David - very nice shapes.

Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2013 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1335 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2013-06-12

Nice work, everybody!

I haven’t done anything in quite awhile and I’m not really happy with this, but I needed to create something.  Create the “woven sphere” in Wings.  Will be posting a tutorial on how to make it.

Image Attachments
KnotBall3.jpg

89 of 101