I’ve been working on a new character that uses the Aspen textures. I’ve noticed a couple things that seem a bit odd, however, in part once I started exporting to Reality to tweak settings where mismatched textures becomes very obvious:
1) While Aspen is designed for the Gia UV map, the mouth textures seemed a bit off. Switching the UV for the 4 mouth surfaces to Victoria 6 seems to have fixed that. In particular, with the Gia UV selected, there was a bit white slash down the back of the mouth. (Easily seen when setting mouth open wide pose to max.)
2) A number of the surfaces seem inconsistent on setting spec/bump/etc channels. I don’t recall which was which, as I’ve manually corrected them all now. But mostly it was a case of the channel being blank for some of the surfaces. E.g., Torso has a bumpmap set, but the Nipples surface does not.
3) One of the mouth surfaces (I forget which) references the Gia_Face_NM normal map. Which is clearly wrong, since the mouth doesn’t even use the same UV layout as the face. No other surfaces reference Gia’s normal maps. However, after converting Aspen’s bump maps to normal maps, if you add the Aspen and Gia normal maps together in LuxRender, the muscle definition from the Gia normals does help Aspen look better.
FWIW, I’m doing this in Studio 184.108.40.206 and I loaded a base G2F to my scene (I did not use the Gia or V6 preset to load G2F) and then applied the Aspen mat preset file to her and then added the makeup preset with the red warrior band across her eyes. I did not use the Aspen shape preset file, as the figure is instead manually dialspun.