Digital Art Zone

1 of 11
Versatility vs specificity
Posted: 18 July 2013 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  597
Joined  2006-10-01

Nice morph. Too bad it’s for the female thing instead of Genesis.

Signature 

Simplified guide to Genesis content creation.

My gallery.

Posted: 18 July 2013 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1538
Joined  2010-02-14
Hellboy - 18 July 2013 10:29 AM

Well if it helps rub salt in the wound for anyone…

Introducing Gia - An ALL NEW Genesis 2 Female Figure from DAZ!

Hand-sculpted to show highly-defined arms, legs, abs, and back. Positioned as the ultimate female warrior for your fantasy or urban scenes, Gia is based on the Genesis 2 Female base meaning she is part of the new Genesis 2 Female gene pool.

Dial her in at 100% and get the full scale of this muscular yet feminine shape, or blend her with Victoria 6 or future Genesis 2 Female figures to get just the shape you are looking for. Because she is based on the Genesis 2 Female base, she can share most clothing, hair and morphs with Victoria 6 to give you the versatility you have come to expect from Genesis.

Who wants to bet this statement is a response to all of us who feel strongly about the change?

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 18 July 2013 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1816
Joined  2005-06-08
RCDeschene - 18 July 2013 10:59 AM

Hand-sculpted to show highly-defined arms, legs, abs, and back. Positioned as the ultimate female warrior for your fantasy or urban scenes, Gia is based on the Genesis 2 Female base meaning she is part of the new Genesis 2 Female gene pool.

Dial her in at 100% and get the full scale of this muscular yet feminine shape, or blend her with Victoria 6 or future Genesis 2 Female figures to get just the shape you are looking for. Because she is based on the Genesis 2 Female base, she can share most clothing, hair and morphs with Victoria 6 to give you the versatility you have come to expect from Genesis.

Who wants to bet this statement is a response to all of us who feel strongly about the change?

Wow.  That’s nowhere remotely close to the versatility we could get from Genesis1 the day it was released, never mind now.  Awfully similar to the versatility available with the Mil4Females, though.  Will we be able to share the Genesis2Female clothing, hair and morphs with the Genesis2Male (and vice-versa) like we can across the Genesis1 base?  ::distant sound of crickets chirping::

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 18 July 2013 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
KickAir 8P - 18 July 2013 11:12 AM

Wow.  That’s nowhere remotely close to the versatility we could get from Genesis1 the day it was released, never mind now.  Awfully similar to the versatility available with the Mil4Females, though.  Will we be able to share the Genesis2Female clothing, hair and morphs with the Genesis2Male like we can across the Genesis1 base?  ::distant sound of crickets chirping::

Back when the chaos was still red hot about the recreated bias between male and female support, one of the PA’s told us something to the effect of “the situation isn’t dire as you think it will be. We can’t say exactly how, but it shouldn’t be that hard to figure it out.” I told him that the only thing I could think of that would prove less dire is the ability to compatibly transfer clothing between the G2F & G2M bases…

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 18 July 2013 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
RCDeschene - 18 July 2013 11:26 AM
KickAir 8P - 18 July 2013 11:12 AM

Wow.  That’s nowhere remotely close to the versatility we could get from Genesis1 the day it was released, never mind now.  Awfully similar to the versatility available with the Mil4Females, though.  Will we be able to share the Genesis2Female clothing, hair and morphs with the Genesis2Male (and vice-versa) like we can across the Genesis1 base?  ::distant sound of crickets chirping::

Back when the chaos was still red hot about the recreated bias between male and female support, one of the PA’s told us something to the effect of “the situation isn’t dire as you think it will be. We can’t say exactly how, but it shouldn’t be that hard to figure it out.” I told him that the only thing I could think of that would prove less dire is the ability to compatibly transfer clothing between the G2F & G2M bases…

Yep.  But is that the only thing he could think of that would prove less dire?  When I’ve got four hours to get my next render done, how much time do I need to spend “figuring out” something that happens seamlessly with Genesis1?  And how well is this going to work with clothing products that use both posing-bones and movement-morphs?  Why should I be buying into this again?

Signature 

~

Posted: 18 July 2013 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-10-01

Well, that would be a BAD idea considering that statement only makes thing even worse by comparing that female base with a truly versatile figure like Genesis.
The versatility I have come to expect from Genesis was removed from the Genesis 2 separate bases.

Signature 

My gallery.

Posted: 18 July 2013 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7676
Joined  2006-03-19

Discussion about the gender split has been cut out of the Gia Discussion thread.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 18 July 2013 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
Frank0314 - 18 July 2013 12:46 PM

Discussion about the gender split has been cut out of the Gia Discussion thread.

Is it going to be cut out of Gia’s promo blurb?

Image Attachments
screenshot.18-07-2013_15_.38_.47-g2_.jpg
 Signature 

~

Posted: 18 July 2013 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
KickAir 8P - 18 July 2013 01:50 PM

They don’t need to cut it, they can just change the last Genesis reference to Genesis 2 Female.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 18 July 2013 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1607
Joined  2008-11-10
larsmidnatt - 18 July 2013 02:01 PM

They don’t need to cut it, they can just change the last Genesis reference to Genesis 2 Female.

They don’t need to change a thing. It is built on Genesis tech so it does exactly what Genesis does. Surprising how now that people see a female shape, the can’t envision it doing anything the androgynous one did, where previously people in the beginning couldn’t see how that androgynous shape couldn’t be a female.

Posted: 18 July 2013 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-10-01

I’m wondering the same.

Signature 

My gallery.

Posted: 18 July 2013 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

Given the context of the sentence itself, it seems like they want us to take comfort in the notion that G2F is just as versatile as G1, just only with a more female specific focus. But yeah, I’m glad they acknowledged this, but the thing is, what I’ve come to expect from Genesis is an efficient all-purpose go-to base figure that can conveniently be everything and anything I need for a human character; whether it be male, female, child, elder, creature, toon, etc.

In fact, THIS image back when the Michael 5 page was around summed up Genesis perfectly!

Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 18 July 2013 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
Male-M3dia - 18 July 2013 02:09 PM

They don’t need to change a thing. It is built on Genesis tech so it does exactly what Genesis does. Surprising how now that people see a female shape, the can’t envision it doing anything the androgynous one did, where previously people in the beginning couldn’t see how that androgynous shape couldn’t be a female.

But I can see the argument that Genesis 2 Female is not greater than or equal to Genesis. There would be no debate to the accuracy of the statement if they changed the reference.

I don’t expect Daz to do anything frankly. I was commenting in jest. I don’t fall for marketing BS myself, so I don’t really care what they say *smile*

And I love me some G2F. But I almost exclusively render curvy ladies so G2F was a step up for me.(and any loss for others was not felt on me fortunately)

In fact, THIS image back when the Michael 5 page was around summed up Genesis perfectly!

Yeah I remember that. I think it still applies kinda sorta. Cause one could argue they have two figures in the middle, one is G2F and one is G2M. See!

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 18 July 2013 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
larsmidnatt - 18 July 2013 02:25 PM

Yeah I remember that. I think it still applies kinda sorta. Cause one could argue they have two figures in the middle, one is G2F and one is G2M. See!

Fine how’s THIS little gem, then? :3

Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 18 July 2013 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
larsmidnatt - 18 July 2013 02:25 PM

See what?  Genesis2Male isn’t here for us to see yet, and until it is we’ve got no way to evaluate the various DAZzlers’ pie-in-the-sky-by-and-by statements.

Male-M3dia - 18 July 2013 02:09 PM

. . . now that people see a female shape, the can’t envision it doing anything the androgynous one did, where previously people in the beginning couldn’t see how that androgynous shape couldn’t be a female.

The problem isn’t that nobody believes that it’s doable (I remember the V4Male and Vitorio), but that DAZ hasn’t done it yet — when Genesis1 was released the female/male/child options were immediately available as base morphs, and DAZ was committed to filling them out (not that they ever came through with the K5 package).  Now I’m supposed to buy chainmail-bikini babe after pin-up girl based on nothing more than vague insinuations that we’ll eventually get the versatility that Genesis1 already gives us?  (And which we’ve already spent bocu bucks on over the last couple years, with no solid conversion tools in sight?)

We had this before with the Mil4Females on one base and the Mil4Males on the other, with all the double-buying and T&A-catering that went with the gender split — after what Genesis1 does for us, after we’ve invested years of time and money into the versatility of the Genesis1 base, why would we want to go back to that?

Signature 

~

Posted: 18 July 2013 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7676
Joined  2006-03-19

It’s a more general issue and so it is better handled in a dedicated thread rather than one dealing with a specific character.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

1 of 11