Posted: 25 May 2012 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1499
Joined  2010-06-29
fixmypcmike - 25 May 2012 06:13 AM
cosmo71 - 25 May 2012 06:10 AM

NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM

How about a system with two broken legs being dragged along by a team of programmers?

it seems that you are very confident wink

Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 25 May 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8548
Joined  2007-11-06
cosmo71 - 25 May 2012 07:12 AM

How about a system with two broken legs being dragged along by a team of programmers?

No, just accepting the judgment that, while the new site will take the full efforts of the web team for a while to get working as desired, the old site was taking that same full-time effort just to keep from collapsing.  I hope that they are correct and that, once the initial problems have been resolved, they will have time for making actual improvements.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 25 May 2012 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
fixmypcmike - 25 May 2012 11:16 AM
cosmo71 - 25 May 2012 07:12 AM

No, just accepting the judgment that, while the new site will take the full efforts of the web team for a while to get working as desired, the old site was taking that same full-time effort just to keep from collapsing.  I hope that they are correct and that, once the initial problems have been resolved, they will have time for making actual improvements.

have a look at the other thread to this issue, someone have found the problem I think, there are some more bits in the “new” files than in the “old” the guy has posted what he has done

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 26 May 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2907
Joined  2004-10-25

I don’t know if it will help in this instance as I haven’t tried installing the 2 or 3 things I’ve purchased since the new store opened, but on other sites where I’ve had problems when left-clicking on download links, I instead right-click and choose “Save As” to download, and then everything is fine.

Again, I’m not sure if it will worth with the new store downloads because of the known installer issues, but I think it might be worth a try.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 26 May 2012 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Miss B - 26 May 2012 10:56 AM

I don’t know if it will help in this instance as I haven’t tried installing the 2 or 3 things I’ve purchased since the new store opened, but on other sites where I’ve had problems when left-clicking on download links, I instead right-click and choose “Save As” to download, and then everything is fine.

Again, I’m not sure if it will worth with the new store downloads because of the known installer issues, but I think it might be worth a try.

well because I didn`t know that it was a “new site” thing I habe downloaded all the stuff all 4 times :( but at the other thread to this issue there is an explanation posted by a member how to handle the problem by using a hex editor and it worked quite easy and well.

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Posted: 26 May 2012 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1852
Joined  2006-02-17

I have created a small utility to strip the bad appended data from the installers.  If anyone wants it let me know.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  274
Joined  2003-10-09

I have been afraid for a while to purchase anything but today I made a mistake and purchased this:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/toony-cat
The installer will not run! :(
This is the second time this has happen..what is that saying..bit once shame on you..bit twice shame on me??
Hopefully someone will send me the zip of this item as they did last time..this is getting old..how do we know which items we should or should not purchase. How are we to know if we will receive the item we purchase? Russian Roulette anyone??

Posted: 28 May 2012 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7650
Joined  2006-03-19

This is a known issue and has been reported to DAZ.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 28 May 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1852
Joined  2006-02-17

My utility is available at:

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/fix_daz.zip.html

It is zipped to survive bad downloaders.  This is on a low bandwidth server so don’t get impatient.  It is only about 250K.

If the number of people downloading it gets to be too large I’ll move it to my high bandwidth servers.

EDIT:  I coded it to only do a single file at a time.  Hopefully DAZ will have a fix before this becomes a problem.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 May 2012 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  274
Joined  2003-10-09

Kendall..it is very nice of you to provide this! Many Many thanks!
How do you use it?

2 of 2