Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
And the next installers doesn`t work… I am ANGRY
Posted: 24 May 2012 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1500
Joined  2010-06-29

Okay, next three items I have bought that will not install.  three platinum items for around 6$ not much money but I am going to become a non costumer because if I can`t be sure that items will work correctly I will not buy them…

NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM…EVER HEARD ABOUT THAT?

Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 24 May 2012 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14434
Joined  2003-10-09

Are they new items or old? A lot of the older installers, with the DAZ logo as an icon, do seem to be failing when downloaded from the new system - this is a known issue (I don’t think it’s yet claimed to be a fixed issue).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 24 May 2012 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Richard Haseltine - 24 May 2012 05:23 AM

Are they new items or old? A lot of the older installers, with the DAZ logo as an icon, do seem to be failing when downloaded from the new system - this is a known issue (I don’t think it’s yet claimed to be a fixed issue).

well, so far I think it is two installers with different icons, can be that these two are both older ones, isn`t it possible to fix the installers? mean set the product to a new installer?

or you should make clear on the product page that there is a problem that is not fixed

Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 24 May 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

or you should make it possible to download the product without installer just as a zip folder like at Renderosity or RDNA or Content Paradise or Renderotica.

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Posted: 24 May 2012 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Zips are coming. The installer issue is known and presumably being looked at, but there are still a lot of issues requiring attention.

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Richard Haseltine - 24 May 2012 12:23 PM

Zips are coming. The installer issue is known and presumably being looked at, but there are still a lot of issues requiring attention.

ah okay and what do I should do now? wait or ask for money back and how does this work if?

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Well, I hope that the installer issues will be fixed without having to wait for zips - but obviously until the problem is solved there’s no knowing how hard it will be to solve. Whether you wait or ask for a refund is not something I can sensibly advise you on.

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 24 May 2012 05:23 AM

I have the same problem with older installers despite resetting downloads twice they fail to open.
the products in question are:-

RoboSpider (PC) - exe
I.F.D. Orion (PC) - exe
Olympus Mons Hangar (PC) - exe

....... and the big issue for me is I have had a project on hold since May 17 because of not being able to open these files

Signature 

[I]“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
[B][I] - Robert[/I] A. [I]Heinlein
Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, [/I][/B][/I][I][B][I]
Windows 8.1 Pro X64 / Windows 7 Ultimate X64 Dual Boot
Poser Pro 2014 / Reality 3
[URL]http://tastiger.dhs.org/[/URL]
[/I][/B][/I]

Joined <——Actually been around since the first freebie ever when the site was still called Zygtote

Posted: 24 May 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Resetting won’t help - this is the same for everyone, and is a site issue. I don’t have any information on when it will be fixed.

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2004-10-19

I’ve also had this issue. Hopefully they reset our available downloads, as I’m sure I’m not the only one who ate up available downloads thinking it may have been a bad download or something on their end..

Posted: 24 May 2012 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
KerWar - 24 May 2012 05:40 PM

I’ve also had this issue. Hopefully they reset our available downloads, as I’m sure I’m not the only one who ate up available downloads thinking it may have been a bad download or something on their end..

me, too, downloaded all 4 tries :(

but hopefully we can download it new without paing, because we have downloaded it. I have no clue how this work with the refund and it was not the amount of money so… 10$ or so

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Richard Haseltine - 24 May 2012 03:58 PM

Resetting won’t help - this is the same for everyone, and is a site issue. I don’t have any information on when it will be fixed.

resetting when it is fixed smile

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

Ok. Tested two things (and ended up with three issues);

-First the issue of taxes through internet - confirmed it’s not added during purchase; thread here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/247/

-Secondly; the issue of how old installers won’t open at all, and this is confirmed with the Toonimal Chameleon.

-Thirdly, and I think this was an internet hiccup to the order mention in point 2 above, I ordered twice by accident (going back and retried, because it would never finish completing the transaction. Anyway, I sent an email with a receipt to cs @ daz3d.com, as the sales-account got bounced back at me).

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Richard Haseltine - 24 May 2012 03:58 PM

other question is…how shall I know if it is an old installer or a new one?

I think until this problem isn`t fixed I will buy nothing more.

AS I HAVE WRITTEN BEFORE

NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM

Signature 

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8774
Joined  2007-11-06
cosmo71 - 25 May 2012 06:10 AM

NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM

How about a system with two broken legs being dragged along by a team of programmers?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

The new ones has the number-system, while the old ones has the ps_ac####, or ps_tx###.

1 of 2