Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
And the next installers doesn`t work… I am ANGRY
Posted: 24 May 2012 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1474
Joined  2010-06-29

Okay, next three items I have bought that will not install.  three platinum items for around 6$ not much money but I am going to become a non costumer because if I can`t be sure that items will work correctly I will not buy them…

NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM…EVER HEARD ABOUT THAT?

Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 24 May 2012 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13719
Joined  2003-10-09

Are they new items or old? A lot of the older installers, with the DAZ logo as an icon, do seem to be failing when downloaded from the new system - this is a known issue (I don’t think it’s yet claimed to be a fixed issue).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 24 May 2012 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Richard Haseltine - 24 May 2012 05:23 AM

Are they new items or old? A lot of the older installers, with the DAZ logo as an icon, do seem to be failing when downloaded from the new system - this is a known issue (I don’t think it’s yet claimed to be a fixed issue).

well, so far I think it is two installers with different icons, can be that these two are both older ones, isn`t it possible to fix the installers? mean set the product to a new installer?

or you should make clear on the product page that there is a problem that is not fixed

Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 24 May 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

or you should make it possible to download the product without installer just as a zip folder like at Renderosity or RDNA or Content Paradise or Renderotica.

Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Posted: 24 May 2012 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Zips are coming. The installer issue is known and presumably being looked at, but there are still a lot of issues requiring attention.

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Richard Haseltine - 24 May 2012 12:23 PM

Zips are coming. The installer issue is known and presumably being looked at, but there are still a lot of issues requiring attention.

ah okay and what do I should do now? wait or ask for money back and how does this work if?

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Well, I hope that the installer issues will be fixed without having to wait for zips - but obviously until the problem is solved there’s no knowing how hard it will be to solve. Whether you wait or ask for a refund is not something I can sensibly advise you on.

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2003-10-09
Richard Haseltine - 24 May 2012 05:23 AM

I have the same problem with older installers despite resetting downloads twice they fail to open.
the products in question are:-

RoboSpider (PC) - exe
I.F.D. Orion (PC) - exe
Olympus Mons Hangar (PC) - exe

....... and the big issue for me is I have had a project on hold since May 17 because of not being able to open these files

Signature 

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
- Robert A. Heinlein

Poser Pro 2012
Intel Core i7-2600 X64,
16 GB DDR 3,
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560,
Windows 8 Pro X64

http://tastiger.dhs.org/

Joined <——Actually been around since the first freebie ever when the site was still called Zygtote

Posted: 24 May 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Resetting won’t help - this is the same for everyone, and is a site issue. I don’t have any information on when it will be fixed.

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2004-10-19

I’ve also had this issue. Hopefully they reset our available downloads, as I’m sure I’m not the only one who ate up available downloads thinking it may have been a bad download or something on their end..

Posted: 24 May 2012 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
KerWar - 24 May 2012 05:40 PM

I’ve also had this issue. Hopefully they reset our available downloads, as I’m sure I’m not the only one who ate up available downloads thinking it may have been a bad download or something on their end..

me, too, downloaded all 4 tries :(

but hopefully we can download it new without paing, because we have downloaded it. I have no clue how this work with the refund and it was not the amount of money so… 10$ or so

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Richard Haseltine - 24 May 2012 03:58 PM

Resetting won’t help - this is the same for everyone, and is a site issue. I don’t have any information on when it will be fixed.

resetting when it is fixed smile

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

Ok. Tested two things (and ended up with three issues);

-First the issue of taxes through internet - confirmed it’s not added during purchase; thread here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/247/

-Secondly; the issue of how old installers won’t open at all, and this is confirmed with the Toonimal Chameleon.

-Thirdly, and I think this was an internet hiccup to the order mention in point 2 above, I ordered twice by accident (going back and retried, because it would never finish completing the transaction. Anyway, I sent an email with a receipt to cs @ daz3d.com, as the sales-account got bounced back at me).

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Richard Haseltine - 24 May 2012 03:58 PM

other question is…how shall I know if it is an old installer or a new one?

I think until this problem isn`t fixed I will buy nothing more.

AS I HAVE WRITTEN BEFORE

NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM

Signature 

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8429
Joined  2007-11-06
cosmo71 - 25 May 2012 06:10 AM

NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM

How about a system with two broken legs being dragged along by a team of programmers?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 25 May 2012 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

The new ones has the number-system, while the old ones has the ps_ac####, or ps_tx###.

1 of 2