Digital Art Zone

2 of 6
List of Shader Mixer Tutorials and Recipes WIP please be patient as I update the list…thanks!
Posted: 11 July 2013 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  820
Joined  2007-01-08

Feel free to use the networks I posted on the forums.
I can’t post or even check the forums much these days, as there seems to be a problem with Opera under Win8, in that I get the Cloudflare screen each time I try to open a topic, and I usually don’t feel like opening a virtual machine just to browse the DAZ3D forums.

Posted: 11 July 2013 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2276
Joined  2005-09-05
ReDave - 11 July 2013 02:16 PM

Feel free to use the networks I posted on the forums.
I can’t post or even check the forums much these days, as there seems to be a problem with Opera under Win8, in that I get the Cloudflare screen each time I try to open a topic, and I usually don’t feel like opening a virtual machine just to browse the DAZ3D forums.

Thanks for that…

Sorry to hear about your problems with Win8. My daughter got a new laptop recently and we went and saw our computer guy who was able to get us one with Win7 on. Not really looking forward to Win8 at all.

Edited to add went hunting last night through google and I located some tutorials that aren’t on the list. Hopefully will get some time later today to start adding them.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 13 July 2013 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6413
Joined  2006-02-20

I’ve uploaded my Velvet for Shader Mixer ...
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/25560/

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 13 July 2013 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Kerya - 13 July 2013 02:16 AM

I’ve uploaded my Velvet for Shader Mixer ...
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/25560/

Thanks Kerya…

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 13 July 2013 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1339
Joined  2006-08-19

working on tree bark.

Image Attachments
treebark2.jpg
 Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/35801

Posted: 13 July 2013 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8181
Joined  2009-05-14

Thanks Pen for picking this back up again and thanks for the extra recipes folks are posting. Shader Mixer has always intrigued me and for ages I have said I want to learn more about it. I have a basic knowledge but I want to go beyond the basic eventually. As soon as I get a new PC I will be upping my education is all things Daz Studio this is on top of that long list.

Seeing AOA SSS Shader base gave me hope too that Shader Mixer will get used a lot more.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 13 July 2013 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Rareth - 13 July 2013 05:03 AM

working on tree bark.

Hi Rareth,

That looks like a good start…can I suggest softening the yellow on the image on the right?

Szark - 13 July 2013 06:23 AM

Thanks Pen for picking this back up again and thanks for the extra recipes folks are posting. Shader Mixer has always intrigued me and for ages I have said I want to learn more about it. I have a basic knowledge but I want to go beyond the basic eventually. As soon as I get a new PC I will be upping my education is all things Daz Studio this is on top of that long list.

Seeing AOA SSS Shader base gave me hope too that Shader Mixer will get used a lot more.

Hi Szark,

I’m really glad to be able to pick it up again. It was sad to see it languish…I also hope to see it used more frequently.  I love AoA’s shaders, he is just so clever and creative.

I didn’t get chance to work on this today as I was busy trying to create a satin network using Shader Mixer…I’ll try and post some images tomorrow.

Cheers

Pen

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 13 July 2013 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Yeah I saw your examples on Rendo and seems like you are heading in the right direction.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 13 July 2013 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Szark - 13 July 2013 06:43 AM

Yeah I saw your examples on Rendo and seems like you are heading in the right direction.

Still have some fine tuning to do…it’s surprising how many people are following threads but not posting. I’m not just talking about the one I posted the shaders in either. ; )

Off to bed…so goodnight all!

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 13 July 2013 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

I watch a lot of posts without posting. If I don’t have naything constructive to say then I am not one for small talk much. :- )

I have posted in that thread at Rendo but I go by another name and I think I started all the bickering when I mentioned something about Red legs. Oh I am a bad boy.

Sleep well

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 13 July 2013 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1339
Joined  2006-08-19
Pendraia - 13 July 2013 06:36 AM

working on tree bark.

Hi Rareth,

That looks like a good start…can I suggest softening the yellow on the image on the right?

Hi Szark,

I’m really glad to be able to pick it up again. It was sad to see it languish…I also hope to see it used more frequently.  I love AoA’s shaders, he is just so clever and creative.

I didn’t get chance to work on this today as I was busy trying to create a satin network using Shader Mixer…I’ll try and post some images tomorrow.

Cheers

Pen

the Colors are definitely a work in progress, right now I’m concentrating on getting the Bump/displacement right, while I am no Math Wiz, I can follow enough of the Renderman shader scripts out on the web to get pointers in the right direction.

Signature 

http://rarethdigitalmusings.blogspot.com/

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/35801

Posted: 13 July 2013 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Szark - 13 July 2013 07:05 AM

I watch a lot of posts without posting. If I don’t have naything constructive to say then I am not one for small talk much. :- )

I have posted in that thread at Rendo but I go by another name and I think I started all the bickering when I mentioned something about Red legs. Oh I am a bad boy.

Sleep well

now you have me intrigued…I’ll have to go back and see if I can work out what you are called over there.

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 13 July 2013 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Rareth - 13 July 2013 11:07 AM
Pendraia - 13 July 2013 06:36 AM

working on tree bark.

Hi Rareth,

Hi Szark,

Cheers

Pen

the Colors are definitely a work in progress, right now I’m concentrating on getting the Bump/displacement right, while I am no Math Wiz, I can follow enough of the Renderman shader scripts out on the web to get pointers in the right direction.

The bump/displacement looks fairly good to me…might need some slight fine tuning though.

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 14 July 2013 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6413
Joined  2006-02-20
Szark - 13 July 2013 07:05 AM

Sleep well

I mentioned the sunburn too ... you are not alone. wink

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 14 July 2013 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

LOL yeah I spotted that Kerya.

Pen - RicDan is my handle over there. The only place that I don’t use Szark.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

2 of 6