Digital Art Zone

4 of 5
Beautiful Black HairStyles…
Posted: 23 June 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-03-21

lol dont worry ive done that myself before     btw meant to say thats the hair with its grey texture added its not quite as solid looking   as the black one

Does anyone know if there is a morph of Diana Ross   anywhere a friend has asked if i could do an image in her likeness   (hes a huge fan)  also any idea of what skin would work ?

Posted: 23 June 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  678
Joined  2010-12-13
Tempest! - 23 June 2012 01:03 PM
Zev0 - 23 June 2012 02:57 AM

What is the polycount? I wish venders included that information. Fibremesh can really chow your machine if using more than one fibremesh product.

About 296000 quads according to DAZ studio.

Played around a bit with Ubersurface and translucency. Renders quickly.

A V4 model has about 66000 quads. This hairpiece has 296000??? That’s about 5 1/2 Vickies! I don’t think my puny system can handle that. downer

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

Posted: 23 June 2012 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2006-04-15
Slimer_J_Spud - 23 June 2012 06:46 PM

A V4 model has about 66000 quads. This hairpiece has 296000??? That’s about 5 1/2 Vickies! I don’t think my puny system can handle that. downer

Half the time, DS crashes if I try to render anything with more than three figures in the scene (V4 or M4), but this hair doesn’t slow it down at all, strangely enough. For what it’s worth, I’m using DS3, not DS4, so it may handle differently. (DS4 just declines to render scenes, regardless of what’s in them, for me, so I’ve stopped even trying to use it.)

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!

Posted: 23 June 2012 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-13
ThinMick - 23 June 2012 08:17 PM
Slimer_J_Spud - 23 June 2012 06:46 PM

Half the time, DS crashes if I try to render anything with more than three figures in the scene (V4 or M4), but this hair doesn’t slow it down at all, strangely enough. For what it’s worth, I’m using DS3, not DS4, so it may handle differently. (DS4 just declines to render scenes, regardless of what’s in them, for me, so I’ve stopped even trying to use it.)

I’m on DS3 also. It’s not the render time, it’s the memory that worries me. I only have 2GB When I get 3 figures in a scene, I render in layers and composite. That won’t work when one of them is the hair! LOL I went back and loaded up a scene that repeatably crashed on me. It has a battleship in it that has 640000 quads. big surprise OK, so maybe this hair piece is not that big. It really does look great. I guess I will try it!

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery

Posted: 23 June 2012 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8982
Joined  2004-07-21

There is a 30 day guarantee so that if it does not work you can return.  Just try it within the thirty days.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 23 June 2012 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2695
Joined  2012-02-04

I used a wonderful free texture called Tyrese (not the same one for sale in the DAZ store by that name). I got it at http://www.sharecg.com/v/35198/View/6/Texture/!Tyrese!-for-m4
I put it on a dialed Genesis character with the new hair adjusted to a short version. I wish there were more adjustment morphs for this hair. I’d like to be able to get rid of the straggling locks on the sides and by the nape of his neck. This is a render straight out of DAZ Studio 4 Pro, without retouching. I can see a few curls going into his forehead that could be cleaned up, but overall, I’m pleased. I was surprised at how fast this rendered, even using UE2 and a few other standard lights.

Image Attachments
Tyrese_black_hair_short.jpg
 Signature 

New member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 23 June 2012 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-13

Disregard the ramblings of that fool Slimer above. LOL I bought it, downloaded it, put up a scene, and you can officially call me impressed! Looks fantastic right out of the box, and renders fast even on my 32 bit system.

Image Attachments
Aura-test004.sm1_.jpg
 Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery

Posted: 23 June 2012 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2004-10-18

Thank you for this beautiful hair! 

Love all of the renders!  Mine’s just a quickie that I dropped into a simple background.  Easy, breezy, beautiful, bad to the bone, baby!

I say amen and yes to the hair!

Cat

Image Attachments
BB-AA2-CU.jpg

Posted: 24 June 2012 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2010-04-17
Slimer_J_Spud - 23 June 2012 10:48 PM

Disregard the ramblings of that fool Slimer above. LOL I bought it, downloaded it, put up a scene, and you can officially call me impressed! Looks fantastic right out of the box, and renders fast even on my 32 bit system.

I have a 32 bit systen as well Slimer J, and that is a fantastic render and I personally think that hair is worth every bit of the $7.48 cents!!

Posted: 24 June 2012 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2010-04-17
Le Chat Designs - 23 June 2012 11:10 PM

Thank you for this beautiful hair! 

Love all of the renders!  Mine’s just a quickie that I dropped into a simple background.  Easy, breezy, beautiful, bad to the bone, baby!

I say amen and yes to the hair!

Cat

Cat I just love your glorious ‘bad to the bone Gal’ wicked render…....

Posted: 24 June 2012 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2007-06-19
barbult - 23 June 2012 09:48 PM

I put it on a dialed Genesis character with the new hair adjusted to a short version. I wish there were more adjustment morphs for this hair.

I think the low amount of morphs for the hair is to keep the memory usage in control. With such a complex geometry the morphs get heavy too. Just consider morphs that effectively move nearly all of the vertices of the hair - that’s roughly the same amount of data as the hair object itself.

On the flip-side Gen4 figures have a ton of morphs (including full body morphs), so I don’t think the polygon count is directly comparable and the numbers for the hair probably seem heavier than they practically are. Plus the texture resolution for the hair is small too because it doesn’t require hires textures to look good.

Posted: 24 June 2012 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2004-09-07
barbult - 23 June 2012 09:48 PM

I’d like to be able to get rid of the straggling locks on the sides and by the nape of his neck. This is a render straight out of DAZ Studio 4 Pro, without retouching. I can see a few curls going into his forehead that could be cleaned up, but overall, I’m pleased. I was surprised at how fast this rendered, even using UE2 and a few other standard lights.

Repeat after me sweety… POST WORK - whether that be in PSP or Photoshop - clean up those stragglers before you complete your image. Postwork is part of the art cleanup process. Give it a go - all presentations should be checked over, cleaned up and perfected before being presented.

Just saying… wink

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 24 June 2012 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2004-09-07
Slimer_J_Spud - 23 June 2012 10:48 PM

BEE-U-T-FULL!!!

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 24 June 2012 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2005-10-21

Really lovely pics, everyone!! smile

Well, I got the hair and I think it is great, but one thing I’m wondering about - how do I achieve this morph?  Can’t find anything in the pose folder relating to this shape….......nor in parameters, unless I’m missing something (in Poser - haven’t yet tried it in DS)

Image Attachments
B_Black_hair.jpg
 Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 24 June 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks Angel.  For some reason I really like the look of that character with this hair. I’m off to content paradise now.

Angel1359 - 23 June 2012 03:52 PM
snakegrab - 23 June 2012 08:45 AM

Lovely Hair.  Does anyone know the character for the model in the promos?  I scanned this forum but I didn’t see any reference to it.

Hi Snakegrab

Had to locate the link from the forum achives, but for some reason I can’t get a connection: http://contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=13883 the character is named Kunga.

4 of 5