Digital Art Zone

4 of 18
Growing Up for Genesis2 Female Base (Now Available) (Commercial)
Posted: 16 July 2013 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3310
Joined  2009-08-05
Yes for V4 clothing you need the V4 clone. By default, Genesis2 is compatable with Genesis1 clothing. But the clone is worth it. It doesn't mangle the shoes like it did on Genesis1, and I have a lot of V4 shoes lol.
[ Edited: 16 July 2013 11:16 AM by Zev0 ]
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 16 July 2013 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10698
Joined  2007-11-06
Zev0 - 16 July 2013 11:06 AM
Clothing fits fine:) They fit like they do on the Genesis2 base in default state. And I wont make this product expensive. I'll try and keep it as low as I can.

...it's not so much the price of Growing Up (especially when it will have a discounted price on release) as it is for everything else to make this work. The TC2 and K4 plugin alone come to nearly 35$. The Head/Body Morph bundle (when not on sale) and V4 clone total another 38$. For me that is a "big ticket" purchase.
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 16 July 2013 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Zev0 - 16 July 2013 11:14 AM
Yes for V4 clothing you need the V4 clone. By default, Genesis2 is compatable with Genesis1 clothing. But the clone is worth it. It doesn't mangle the shoes like it did on Genesis1, and I have a lot of V4 shoes lol.

...so no Aiko3 clothing, Kids 4 clothing, or Sadie (except what was released for Genesis Sadie) clothing then.
 Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2013 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
Well you can convert the K4 textures to V4 using Daz map transfer which comes free with Studio, however you will have to fix up the seams a little, and do the transfer one map at a time. Bulk transfers mess up the conversion, but the results are more accurate than TC2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAIoOjSSgjc
http://poser2octane.deviantart.com/journal/Daz-Studio-4-Map-Transfer-Mini-Tutorial-303942620
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 16 July 2013 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1547
Joined  2009-08-08
What about autofitting to Genesis 1 (or use SickleYeild's system) save the result and try fitting that to G2F? The saved result ought to be a Genesis item, of sorts.

ETA: We're in a transitional stage right now, regardless, so all kinds of things will end up needing an extra step in order to work.
[ Edited: 16 July 2013 11:36 AM by JOdel ]

Posted: 16 July 2013 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
Kyoto Kid - 16 July 2013 11:29 AM

...so no Aiko3 clothing, Kids 4 clothing, or Sadie (except what was released for Genesis Sadie) clothing then.

Not at this stage no. But I'm sure those options will eventually be available via a 3rd party.
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 16 July 2013 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
JOdel - 16 July 2013 11:34 AM
What about autofitting to Genesis 1 (or use SickleYeild's system) save the result and try fitting that to G2F? The saved result ought to be a Genesis item, of sorts.

That could work, haven't personally tried it out yet:) But people are finding ways to get content across.
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 16 July 2013 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Zev0 - 16 July 2013 11:35 AM
Kyoto Kid - 16 July 2013 11:29 AM

Not at this stage no. But I'm sure those options will eventually be available via a 3rd party.

...that's what I was afraid of, more additional expense for what I already have with the original

Again, while this looks to be a wonderful product that almost get's me interested in moving up, economics most likely will keep me from getting on board. I already have a number of characters developed with the original Genesis. Clothing fits (thanks to Sickle Yield's Rigging and morphing utility) go a lot smoother. I have YT5, I have Gen X and the figure plugins I need for morph/character transfers and extra UV maps.

This has more to do with the new "limitations" of the G2F figure which requires repurchasing just about everything I have in the way of figure utilities.
[ Edited: 16 July 2013 11:53 AM by Kyoto Kid ]
 Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2013 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1572
Joined  2008-11-10
Kyoto Kid - 16 July 2013 11:50 AM

...that's what I was afraid of, more additional expense for what I already have with the original

Again, while this looks to be a wonderful product that almost get's me interested in moving up, economics most likely will keep me from getting on board. I already have a number of characters developed with the original Genesis. Clothing fits (thanks to Sickle Yield's Rigging and morphing utility) go a lot smoother. I have YT5, I have Gen X and the figure plugins I need for morph/character transfers and extra UV maps.

This has more to do with the new "limitations" of the G2F figure which requires repurchasing just about everything I have in the way of figure utilities.

Genesis clothing will autofit to G2F, so all you need to do is save your autofitted clothing from other figures... which you should be doing anyway, since it reduces the size of your scene files. But aside from the V4 clone (which was $10), I haven't invested much in Gen6, aside from wanting more glamours female clothing for my promos.

Zev0's solution is a much better than the YT5 as it's easier to morph and make better teens.

Posted: 16 July 2013 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
...so how do you go about saving autofit clothing without fitting it to a specific character?

Also, without at least the G2F Morphs isn't it pretty limited? Right now with the V4 clone, that is a 30$ expenditure (as the morph bundle is currently on sale).

While I admit the child and teen shapes do look really good, having to use things like third party clones, or utilities like the TC2 and forthcoming GenX update to get even close to the same versatility I have now with the original Genesis, seems a big expense for the gain in "realism", especially after all that I have already invested in both time and resources up to now.

I still remember struggling with trying to turn Vicky4 into a teen and all the hours/weeks/months I spent morphing and all the content I purchased to make it finally work as there was no Gen4 teen figure.

...and that was when I still had a steady income as well as being able to take advantage of vouchers form the PC, gallery submissions, special offers, and extra discounts which no longer exist.
 Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2013 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1572
Joined  2008-11-10
Kyoto Kid - 16 July 2013 12:53 PM
...so how do you go about saving autofit clothing without fitting it to a specific character?

Once you autofit (or use the transfer tool) a gen3 or gen4 outfit to genesis save it as file->save as->Figure/Prop Assets (somthing like that)... Then you can load the clothing back to genesis or aiutofit it to Genesis 2.

Also, without at least the G2F Morphs isn't it pretty limited? Right now with the V4 clone, that is a 30$ expenditure (as the morph bundle is currently on sale).

Well for bodyshapes, yeah you'll have to eventually invest in those. However Zev0's product has a few morphs dials that you dial in percentages to get a bit more variation. Since it uses the base Genesis 2, it works pretty well with that.

While I admit the child and teen shapes do look really good, having to use things like third party clones, or utilities like the TC2 and forthcoming GenX update to get even close to the same versatility I have now with the original Genesis, seems a big expense for the gain in "realism", especially after all that I have already invested in both time and resources up to now.

You can probably get around buying TC2 by using the map transfer utility. Not sure how well GenX will work if you don't have the similar shape.

I still remember struggling with trying to turn Vicky4 into a teen and all the hours/weeks/months I spent morphing and all the content I purchased to make it finally work as there was no Gen4 teen figure.

...and that was when I still had a steady income as well as being able to take advantage of vouchers form the PC, gallery submissions, special offers, and extra discounts which no longer exist.

Although i can sympathize with not having the funds to properly upgrade, really this isn't a product that will help you convert your figures from Genesis 1. However if you do have the V4 shape in both, you could probably use the transfer tool to copy head morphs based on that, such as your teen, then use that as a base for your teen character's head. Then you could mix in that head with zev's morphs and get your teen's shape. It may need some cleanup, but it something you could do with relatively low cost.

Posted: 16 July 2013 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
...well, I had to pretty much start over with Genesis.

Used Satstuki at first because like all Throne/Sarsa characters, she had improved breast and hip morphing which made it easier to dial in a more petite size. When I got GenX I added tehV4 Morphs++ and Steph4 along with the NPMs.

When the Young Teens5 were released, I had to rebuild Leela again.

However with Genesis it was no where near the time consuming struggle (especially trying to get clothing to fit properly) as it was with Gen4.
[ Edited: 16 July 2013 10:35 PM by Kyoto Kid ]
 Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2013 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1847
Joined  2005-04-15
Darn it Zev, stop making cool stuff I have to buy!
 Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 16 July 2013 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2011-09-13
This looks great, Zev0 - didn't see this thread until just now. Will absolutely be jumping on this when it arrives!
 Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 17 July 2013 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1428
Joined  2010-02-14
Kyoto Kid - 16 July 2013 11:04 AM
Still a bit confused by what UVs will and won't work for G2F and how to get different skin textures without a lot of pain and extra expense. I really wish (and don't know why) the YT5s used the V4 UV instead of the ones for either Genesis or V5.

They do use the V4 UV set, though.
 Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

4 of 18