Digital Art Zone

3 of 18
Growing Up for Genesis2 Female Base (Now Available) (Commercial)
Posted: 13 July 2013 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1492
Joined  2010-02-14
Zev0 - 13 July 2013 01:27 PM
Think it has to do with texture stretching. Think they preffer UV sets on the figure that eliminates most of that. V4 UV stretches badly in quite a few places eg the breast area and thigh's so its understandable why they would only want texture UV's that perform better in that regard. It is a bummer, but I think they want people to start using more current texture sets that have been improved. But at least we can still use V4 sets with MallenLanes Clone:) Just save as a duf:)

And that's what I'm hoping DAZ is doing. I wouldn't mind dropping previous Gen skins if the next one has better ones in the same essence of what I look for. Anyone who makes the effort to put out some nice Gen 6 kid skins will be hear from my debit card. : )
 Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 13 July 2013 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3364
Joined  2009-08-05
Well Even V5 Uv set is good. I'll see If I can round up support from Other PA's.
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 13 July 2013 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1492
Joined  2010-02-14
Zev0 - 13 July 2013 07:41 PM
Well Even V5 Uv set is good. I'll see If I can round up support from Other PA's.

Okay, more respect points for you! :D
 Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 14 July 2013 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  747
Joined  2005-12-12
Zev0 - 13 July 2013 01:27 PM
Think it has to do with texture stretching. Think they preffer UV sets on the figure that eliminates most of that. V4 UV stretches badly in quite a few places eg the breast area and thigh's so its understandable why they would only want texture UV's that perform better in that regard. It is a bummer, but I think they want people to start using more current texture sets that have been improved. But at least we can still use V4 sets with MallenLanes Clone:) Just save as a duf:)

I would even agree with that, but then they release the Belle Texture for V6 which has probably the most misplaced elbow texture I've ever seen on a character :/
And I still don't see a reason to stop numbering the Genesis 2 surfaces. Unless they WANT to make it harder to edit V6's surfaces.

The whole surface debacle is one of those DAZ things I just can't wrap my head around. But at least they have you to fix their characters in the morph department ;D

Posted: 14 July 2013 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
You can still see the numbering by choosing Legacy layout?. I'll ask Daz about the elbow on the Belle texture set and see whats the story there. Lol, and most of my products are just added features, not really fixes, (except bend morphs) But thanks man:)
[ Edited: 14 July 2013 09:14 PM by Zev0 ]
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 15 July 2013 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  747
Joined  2005-12-12
Zev0 - 14 July 2013 08:22 PM
You can still see the numbering by choosing Legacy layout?

You can. If you use the surface tab in DS. But what about the Poser users? Or Reality users? Or anyone else who uses anything but the surface tab to edit V6's surfaces? The thing is, I don't see why anyone would think that it might be a good idea to get rid of the numbered surfaces. What is the gain that justifies making it an incredible pita to edit the surfaces of their new figure in anything but the DS surface tab?
This is the point where my brain kinda starts cooking :D

Zev0 - 14 July 2013 08:22 PM
Lol, and most of my products are just added features, not really fixes, (except bend morphs) But thanks man:)

Ooooookay....then let me rephrase: your products fix my need for figures with added features :D

Posted: 15 July 2013 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2008-10-19
This looks awesome!! Is there any chance you'd be doing "Growing Up" for Genesis 1??or are ya gonna make me get into using Genesis 2??
I know ,I know we've got the child morph and the teens for Genesis1 ........butttttt ........Okay I'll be quiet now ........

Posted: 15 July 2013 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
No Genesis1 version planned unfortunately. But thats why I made something like Shape Shift, so you can modify those teen and child shapes that already exist. I don't know how valid this product will be on Genesis1, but Genesis2 definately needs it. I already have to start over for the Genesis2 male version when it comes out, so I don't think I will have the energy to do this product over again lol. Also this product contains breast morphs for females as they grow up, something that works with the breast bones Genesis2 provides, which Genesis1 does not have. But you never know, when I have free time I might change my mind, but for right now, I have to stick to the schedual:)
[ Edited: 15 July 2013 09:27 PM by Zev0 ]
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 15 July 2013 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2008-10-19
Thank you very much for answering!! So I'll just go play with Shape Shift and let you get back to work .....and save my change for when this comes out . ......

Posted: 15 July 2013 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2248
Joined  2012-02-04
I don't want to derail this thread, Zev0, but I am still hoping to get the skin overlays that go with the aging product. Any status on that project?

Posted: 16 July 2013 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
Will be completed by the end of the month. Then we will just be testing the layers etc..making sure it is ready.
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 16 July 2013 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2248
Joined  2012-02-04
Thanks, that is good to hear!

Posted: 16 July 2013 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10939
Joined  2007-11-06
...OK it does look really good from a physique standpoint.

Still a bit confused by what UVs will and won't work for G2F and how to get different skin textures without a lot of pain and extra expense. I really wish (and don't know why) the YT5s used the V4 UV instead of the ones for either Genesis or V5.

My other concern is clothing fits. Have you tested fitting other clothing content (Genesis and Legacy)?

I have to look at this from an economic standpoint for to set this up to where I can recreate my female child/teen characters as I am on an extremely limited income being out of work. Considering I already have several of my characters designed with the Original Genesis and can pretty much cross dress them in almost anything (even put Leela in the M3 Space Suit), I am wondering how much of a total investment it will be to get close to the versatility I already have.

Just to get started I will need the G2F Head/Body morphs, V4 Clone, and TC2 bundle with the K4 plugin which is a fairly hefty expenditure for me in addition to whatever Growing Up will cost.
[ Edited: 16 July 2013 11:11 AM by Kyoto Kid ]
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 16 July 2013 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
Clothing fits fine:) They fit like they do on the Genesis2 base in default state. And I wont make this product expensive. I'll try and keep it as low as I can.
[ Edited: 16 July 2013 11:12 AM by Zev0 ]
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 16 July 2013 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10939
Joined  2007-11-06
...apologies, revised my post to be a little more concise. (never seen the "Edited by" tag in the new forums before).

Is that just Genesis clothing? As I understand to fit V4 clothing to G2F one now needs the V4 clone.
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

3 of 18