Digital Art Zone

17 of 18
Growing Up for Genesis2 Female Base (Now Available) (Commercial)
Posted: 11 August 2013 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 241 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2013-05-16
Hi, I bought the Sisters for Zev0's Growing Up Pack.
Check the render I done with Growing Up for Genesis 2 Female.

I have Daz Studio 4.6 Pro.

What I did is: I loaded Genesis 2 Female, applied the Growing Up for Genesis 2 Female Younger Teen morph and added the Fashion hair for Genesis 2 Female, the shorts and tops and finaly added the SSS MATs Full MAT Bald from the Sisters for Zev0's Growing Up Pack and I rendered It

I tried with the EHSS MATS and the Default Mats and they rendered it correctly.

Is there a way to fix the final picture rendering without this ugly skin rendering using the SSS MATs Full MAT Bald?

Thank you!

Excuse my English this, is not my first language.
Image Attachments
the_sisters_SSS_MATS_Full_MAT_.jpg

Posted: 11 August 2013 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 242 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2005-07-05
I am not to sure what causes that, I haven't had that issue I'll have to ask Anna. But I'll figure out some thing soon as I can.

Posted: 12 August 2013 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 243 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  504
Joined  2006-03-14
mimosamimi - 11 August 2013 08:38 PM
Hi, I bought the Sisters for Zev0's Growing Up Pack.
Check the render I done with Growing Up for Genesis 2 Female.

I have Daz Studio 4.6 Pro.

What I did is: I loaded Genesis 2 Female, applied the Growing Up for Genesis 2 Female Younger Teen morph and added the Fashion hair for Genesis 2 Female, the shorts and tops and finaly added the SSS MATs Full MAT Bald from the Sisters for Zev0's Growing Up Pack and I rendered It

I tried with the EHSS MATS and the Default Mats and they rendered it correctly.

Is there a way to fix the final picture rendering without this ugly skin rendering using the SSS MATs Full MAT Bald?

Thank you!

Excuse my English this, is not my first language.

With the SSS shader, you have to render higher than 1000 pixels. It's how AoA designed the SSS shader base, nothing to do with the character pack itself.

Here's a tutorial AoA wrote to help those using his SSS shader base.

http://www.ageofarmour.com/3d/tutorials/AoA_subsurface_shader_help.html

There is another tutorial video on youtube, but i cant seem to find it. I'll post it when I do.

I hope this helps.

Anna
 Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/forbiddenwhispers

Posted: 12 August 2013 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 244 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2013-03-21
If you follow the link in my signature, I run through a full example of how to create metadata for figures and clothing, so you can add new items like Wilmap's wardrobe to the Smart Content and set compatibilities.

Thank you very much, I checked it quickly and it seems clear smile
I just wonder why there are those menu items I mentioned in Content Directory if they won't actually do anything? long face

Posted: 12 August 2013 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 245 ]
Joined  2013-03-21
One more possibly stupid question red face

If I add some item to G2F and that item is designed for Genesis, it uses autofit and works fine. But when I want to use it later, it does the autofit again, asking same questions every time.

I tried this: after autofit I did partially the same as in Growing up's tutorial about K4 clothes but I directly saved the one autofitted to G2F (not via Genesis like the tut said). It went fine and now when I add it to G2F, it works fine without asking. And I can even add it to Smart Content without problems.

But now I want to ask you gurus, is this 'safe' procedure? I mean will I get in trouble by doing this i.e. will there be some compatibility problems later?

Thanks again smile

Posted: 12 August 2013 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 246 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2009-02-24
atnreg11 - 12 August 2013 03:18 AM
If you follow the link in my signature, I run through a full example of how to create metadata for figures and clothing, so you can add new items like Wilmap's wardrobe to the Smart Content and set compatibilities.

Thank you very much, I checked it quickly and it seems clear smile
I just wonder why there are those menu items I mentioned in Content Directory if they won't actually do anything? long face

The "Show In" options are for products which already have metadata. What it will do in that instance is switch to the Smart Content tab and display the item. It's both a way of verifying that it does actually have metadata, and finding where certain products are located within the hierarchy. Choosing "Show in -> Products" will take you to the product view for that item, which often displays any associated props, accessories or material options for that item as well.

Also, there should be no compatibility issues if you save an autofit copy of an outfit. Essentially you're just creating a local duplicate which has the necessary changes to make it fit on Genesis 2. It will have no effect on the original copy and should still be compatible with any material options you have for it.
 Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 12 August 2013 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 247 ]
Joined  2013-03-21
Ok, thank you very much for explanation smile

Posted: 22 August 2013 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 248 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  619
Joined  2012-02-06
Have been lurking on this thread since it came out red face

Huge props and many thanks to Zev0 and ForbiddenWhispers & JSGraphics for Growing Up and Sisters; got the bundle as soon as it came out tongue laugh

Made use of the cheerleader outfit and Filippa hair for Cheer sis, but the clothes and Do's of the other Sisters and all the poses are Genesis cheese

Big Sis: Aussie GIrl Outfit
Cheer Sis: Cheerleader for G2F
Goth Sis: Odd Wear
Little Sis: Prep Gear
Baby Sis: Daydream

Expressions are G2F's though; will need to get more of those tongue rolleye

And danggit, Zev0, went and got the Glute control as soon as it came out LOL

Sisters for Growing Up may be my favorite character set for the year; the render was inspired by my wife and her sisters (there are 6 of them and they have "P" names as well grin )
[ Edited: 22 August 2013 08:38 PM by banditcameraman ]
Image Attachments
Sisters_Jump_forums.png
 Signature 

LuxCompagno at deviantart

Posted: 22 August 2013 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 249 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3416
Joined  2009-08-05
Ah thanks man! And I love the render:) Nice group shot with dynamic poses and expressions:) Shows off the products nicely. Thanks:)
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 22 August 2013 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 250 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  619
Joined  2012-02-06
Zev0 - 22 August 2013 08:38 PM
Ah thanks man! And I love the render:) Nice group shot with dynamic poses and expressions:) Shows off the products nicely. Thanks:)

You're very welcome and thank you too, Zev0; someone's up late tongue laugh LOL )

I used my boy Jaderail's Golden Rules Camera Prop to compose the shot; it's especially indispensable for composing groups I've found smile
[ Edited: 22 August 2013 08:58 PM by banditcameraman ]
 Signature 

LuxCompagno at deviantart

Posted: 22 August 2013 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 251 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
Ye its 4:54 am lol. Scrambling to get things done:) But I am gonna clock out now anyways. LaterZ:)
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 23 August 2013 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 252 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1547
Joined  2010-02-14
Say Zev0, When G2M/M6 come out and you release the equivalent morphs for them (Shape Shift, Growing Up, etc.), do you intind on bundling them or leaving them as stand alone products? smile
 Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 23 August 2013 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 253 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
Probably both options. But I will speak to Daz to see what makes sense and see where discounts can be applied etc.. Once the male base is out, releases will be more structered.. eg Seperate Gender versions and a bundle for both on new products, and for Genesis just one version since its unisex:)
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 25 August 2013 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 254 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2282
Joined  2012-02-04
Here is the first one I made. It is nothing exotic, but I really like the way she came out. She looks authentically young to me, something I couldn't achieve with Genesis child.
Image Attachments
Growing_Up_2.jpg

Posted: 25 August 2013 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 255 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
That looks really good and convincing Barbult. Nice render:)
 Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

17 of 18