Digital Art Zone

7 of 9
The Lemonade Stand Contest: A Comedy of Errors! (Congrats Winners!)
Posted: 03 August 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6157
Joined  2005-04-16

Sorry.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 03 August 2012 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3812
Joined  2012-02-06

Big congratulations to Fille123 on the well-deserved win! And also congratulations to all my fellow honorees. I had a lot of fun making my entries for this contest and seeing everyone else’s work. In terms of comedic value, I think “Wait! You forgot the tape and wire!” by Ippotamus was my personal favorite (a little February-2012-join-date solidarity wink ), but there were so many good ones.

I also want to say thank you to all the PAs who sponsored the contest and generously offered up their products as prizes. The levity of this contest was definitely appreciated. And I agree 100% with what bohemian3 said earlier: “Thank you all for the great work you do…. Suddenly this guy who can’t draw to save his life can create some reasonably decent graphics - that’s a special gift you give to people like myself.” To the extent that I can afford it, I’ll gladly continue to support your work.

I just realized that I misspelled “impostor” in my entry, and the spell-check didn’t catch it, because apparently “imposter” is also a word…oh well… red face

Edit: there, that’s better! tongue laugh

Image Attachments
impostors.jpg
 Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 04 August 2012 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1002
Joined  2012-02-04
Scott-Livingston - 03 August 2012 07:49 PM

Big congratulations to Fille123 on the well-deserved win! And also congratulations to all my fellow honorees. I had a lot of fun making my entries for this contest and seeing everyone else’s work. In terms of comedic value, I think “Wait! You forgot the tape and wire!” by Ippotamus was my personal favorite (a little February-2012-join-date solidarity wink ), but there were so many good ones.

I also want to say thank you to all the PAs who sponsored the contest and generously offered up their products as prizes. The levity of this contest was definitely appreciated. And I agree 100% with what bohemian3 said earlier: “Thank you all for the great work you do…. Suddenly this guy who can’t draw to save his life can create some reasonably decent graphics - that’s a special gift you give to people like myself.” To the extent that I can afford it, I’ll gladly continue to support your work.

I just realized that I misspelled “impostor” in my entry, and the spell-check didn’t catch it, because apparently “imposter” is also a word…oh well… red face

Thanks Scott-Livingston,

Has it only been that long?
It feels much longer… much ... much ... much longer.

It was an interesting time to join, I’ll give it that much.  smile

Posted: 04 August 2012 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6153
Joined  2005-08-29
Scott-Livingston - 03 August 2012 07:49 PM

Big congratulations to Fille123 on the well-deserved win! And also congratulations to all my fellow honorees.
“Thank you all for the great work you do…. Suddenly this guy who can’t draw to save his life can create some reasonably decent graphics - that’s a special gift you give to people like myself.” To the extent that I can afford it, I’ll gladly continue to support your work.

I agree, great work, and being called “Artistically impaired” in grammer-school by my teacher in “art” as it was called back then, and now being able to create great pictures give me the feeling of someone being blind and suddenly can see, or someone lame that suddenly can walk, it’s just impossible to describe the feeling, so great job all PAs!

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 04 August 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-05-14

Ooooh how cool! LOL Thank you, thank you! A special thanks to MAB for organizing this… it was really fun both to participate and view the entries (I didn’t comment, but did lurk around). grin Congrats to everyone who entered, too!

Posted: 05 August 2012 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2006-03-02

Congratulations to Fille123—that was a great entry—and to all my fellow honorees! And thank you MAB for this clever contest—it gave many of us a good giggle and lightened the mood around here.  And thanks to the PAs for all the great products you provide.

Posted: 07 August 2012 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2009-08-11

Congrats, Fille123!  LOL  And everybody else! 
Some really cute LoL scenes in here.

And thanks for the thread, too, MAB & PAs.  It was a hoot!  tongue laugh  

Signature 

“quack?”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . cOLor wHeeL faCts .

Posted: 07 August 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2003-10-09

Oh, by the way, Joequick is on his honeymoon, I believe.  Congrats Joequick!  Anyways, he’ll take care of his winners when he gets back.

Posted: 10 August 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

Ah the weekend, yay.
I was just wondering if anybody got their prizes yet?
I know the lovely PAs contacted us and then put in the word to DAZ.

Do we need more lemons?

smile

Posted: 10 August 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6153
Joined  2005-08-29

I got my Slipperz wink

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 10 August 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2006-03-02
Ippotamus - 10 August 2012 03:45 PM

Ah the weekend, yay.
I was just wondering if anybody got their prizes yet?
I know the lovely PAs contacted us and then put in the word to DAZ.

Do we need more lemons?

smile

I think the PAs need some time to contact their favorites and distribute prizes. I think Daz is having a problem with connecting a forum name with a store name.

Posted: 10 August 2012 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3812
Joined  2012-02-06

I’ve gotten one out of two, and the other PA has been in contact and is working on a way of getting the prize to me. Sounds like maybe they are trying to get the prizes added to our accounts, which would be nice. The one I did receive was set up as a direct download by the PA.

(And congratulations on your wedding, Joequick!)

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 10 August 2012 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-04

So we only need one box of lemons is what you’re saying?
smile

No problems, I had/have not received anything so I wanted to make sure there was no big disconnected limbo between the lovely PAs, DAZ, me and the Universe as we know it.  wink

Posted: 10 August 2012 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1013
Joined  2007-06-13

Typically, on contests like these, DAZ prefers a compiled list of the winners, with the prize choices, store links, and winners emails, to be sent in on one big form. As you can imagine, it can take a bit of time to organize the whole thing, and get the DAZ boys to automagically put the prizes in your accounts. Have patience and fret not. I know everyone must be itching to play with their new goodies.

I never put in an offical “congrats” to the winners, so I will do that now.

Congrats Fille123. Your picture is very cool. Congrats to all the honorable mentions. I know there were so many funny and creative entries that there were a lot of hard choices to be made.

Thanks everyone who put up pictures.
cheers!

Signature 

Previous post count 1700.
My Store

Posted: 11 August 2012 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, everything DestinysGarden said, ditto from me, as the one gathering all that info for DAZ.  lol

7 of 9