Digital Art Zone

2 of 9
The Lemonade Stand Contest: A Comedy of Errors! (Congrats Winners!)
Posted: 24 June 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4740
Joined  2011-10-04

A crowd had gathered to protest changes; it was inevitable that it happened—people did not like change, and they liked it even less when it went haywire. It is perfectly understandable.

However, there are always some elements that go a bit… extreme when they face change. With interesting theories regarding why something happens, often coupled with signs and websites that have never seen design nor layout, but sure abuse the hell out of font tags.

It was therefore natural that they’d pick a pretty missing girl as a focus of their anger against everything.

(Again, AprilYSH for Gia hair, Bobbie25 for clothes, ground pilfered from Backyard BBQ, and oh, Rainbow of Nails used too, although it is not as nicely visible as I had hoped for. The reason why I seem to use so many elements again and again is because I do not have a large selection of stuff available, I’m still a newb. downer)

(Note: I am not poking fun at specific people on forums—I’m mostly venting out my RL frustration. My mother has a paranoid personality disorder (and borderline personality disorder), and I spent thirty minutes on phone this week trying to sort her fears that “they” have been to her place, and have done random nonsensical things in order to twig her. If she knew how to use internet, create websites, or had a reason to write signs, and if she had been here, this is what she would write.)

Image Attachments
FREE_TAMESIS.jpg
 Signature 

Thanking: M F M for a gift of dragons!
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 24 June 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Crazy Nights woke up in a cell, with a thudding hangover in its non-existing head. Last evening was nothing but vague memories, maybe some carousing, yelling? It startled when one of the DAZ Archons manifested in front of it; a reflexive smart-ass response arose in its mind, a bit of teen-like rebellion against the authority.

Crazy Nights was told that it would be kept in cells and not released with a written misdemeanor as usual; it would be a good idea to contact the family lawyer as well, because this time it had been hauled in for disrupting lawful commerce and causing distress in public.

It might be a while before it would get out of DAZ dungeons. At worst? It might get sent to AntFarm’s Deadwater Jail… and toons make aggravating cellmates.

(Yes, Crazy Nights is back to the store, and aren’t we all glad for it. Kione hair by AprilYSH—I just love the peacock color—and Visual Shaders. I have a second render of this pic also coming up, with DzFire’s raytraced Real Metals. I wonder if my computer will die first or if I can get the render out before that happens…)

(Edited to add a second version of this picture with DzFire’s raytraced Real Metals. It took 3 hours 15 minutes for 8-core system to render this at raytrace depth of 4… I tweaked couple of things, so it is not completely the same as above.)

Image Attachments
Crazy_Nights_jailed.png
Crazy_Nights_jailed_reflective.png
 Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 24 June 2012 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  851
Joined  2003-10-09

The entries are great! LOL

BTW, how do we get to a PA’s store? I think I missed something somewhere?

Posted: 24 June 2012 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Search the store using the name given, that’s how I did it. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 24 June 2012 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1045
Joined  2003-11-25
Spit - 24 June 2012 09:00 PM

The entries are great! LOL

BTW, how do we get to a PA’s store? I think I missed something somewhere?

As far as I understand, the webbies are working on getting PA stores to be functional links, but there’s no timeline as to when that will happen.  But for now, Skiriki is correct.  The best way to find a PA’s store is to do a search by a PA’s name. 

Or, if you see a PA post in one of the forums, I think most of them have now included links to their stores in their signature lines, so you can get there that way as well.  ...Of course, this is neither effective nor efficient if you’re looking for a PA who doesn’t frequent the forums.  (Insert a rolling eyes smiley here, followed by a stupidly grinning smiley. Lol.)

Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 25 June 2012 03:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  782
Joined  2005-09-19
FeralFey - 24 June 2012 10:56 PM

But for now, Skiriki is correct.  The best way to find a PA’s store is to do a search by a PA’s name.

And given the store search still doesn’t show up things like Princess, or Tamesis, that really needs to be a google search for daz3d+PA’s name!

Posted: 25 June 2012 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4565
Joined  2005-04-16

The search doesn’t find anything for me.  I tried last night to find the Classic bundle for Genesis and it wouldn’t find it, even with the exact product name!  I tried several other things, too, with the exact names, with just the main word.  Nothing!  mad

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 25 June 2012 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7355
Joined  2007-11-06
DanaTA - 25 June 2012 12:20 PM

The search doesn’t find anything for me.  I tried last night to find the Classic bundle for Genesis and it wouldn’t find it, even with the exact product name!  I tried several other things, too, with the exact names, with just the main word.  Nothing!  mad

Dana

Try “Classics Bundle for Genesis”

Signature 

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products
Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 25 June 2012 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2009-01-30

Dude,... You’re supposed to warn me if I already purchased something.  And how am I supposed to find anything down here anyway?

Lot’s of posts out there bemoaning you are no longer warned if purchasing a duplicate…  Also the Itemized Order History paging option without a search function is proving challenging for some including myself.

But through it all… DAZ has amazing artists! 

Thank you all for the great work you do…. Suddenly this guy who can’t draw to save his life can create some reasonably decent graphics - that’s a special gift you give to people like myself.

FeralFey : Pose from Waiting in Line
Mab & Will Dupre: Cowboy Boots (Though lost in shadows ;(
Lantios : Karass for M4 - Love that texture!
AprilYSH : Jordan Hair
ArtCollaborations: Cargo Hold
DzFire: Real Cases
Blondie9999 and Handsome Head Morphs for Genesis (One of my most favorite products of all… a great example of why Genesis is so fantastic.)

Link to large version of River… the character I dialied up from a combo of M4 & HH Morphs.  I created him for this fun contest & I really ended up liking him.  https://public.sn2.livefilestore.com/y1pHeIcFZGO_JhDONe6VuL5KV79cmCHX-FqiWOFkSmSgudxso4Idd-rZFyAIQcwIX9-RyiHrrVPiXTzCCGwbpfgmg/River_Large.jpg?psid=1

Image Attachments
Cargo.jpg
 Signature 

Member, BWC

Posted: 25 June 2012 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
fixmypcmike - 25 June 2012 08:11 PM
DanaTA - 25 June 2012 12:20 PM

Dana

Try “Classics Bundle for Genesis”

I actually did.  I just didn’t remember it exactly when I was writing the post.  But I got the name from my promo images and downloaded files.  I always save the promos of things I get, so I can look at them and know what the hell I have…sometimes the product name give absolutely no indication of what the thing actually is!

Perhaps it was just a bad night for the site.  The same search found the item just now.

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 26 June 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  227
Joined  2006-06-22

Great job so far everyone keep them coming smile

Signature 

My Daz Store
Deviant Art

Posted: 26 June 2012 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  851
Joined  2003-10-09

Love it, Bohemian! Mine’s basically the same theme. smile

Nasty horrible no-good T-Storm yesterday. Power and Cable both went out. Just got them back about an hour ago. :(

——————————

What a way for DAZ to double the money and double the fun! They no longer let you know if you’ve already purchased an item!! Now all my renders make me think I’m seeing double. What duplicity!

MAB Catgirl for Genesis
CDI (Capsces) poses for Hitomi

(I limited the props to one from an item—doubled of course. Used the new DAZ4.5 instancing feature. The only item not doubled is Nytoprod’s Tori. Others by LisaB, Honey (freebie), Merlin and a couple others..

Image Attachments
spit-duplicityx800alg.jpg

Posted: 26 June 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3080
Joined  2012-02-06

Although their rituals and supplications at the Magento Temple seemed to be growing more and more desperate, whenever they were asked when their prayers would be answered, the Clerics of Daz would invariably answer with a single word: “Soon…!”

Featuring:

Alruna - Bobbie25
Caleb Hair - AprilYSH
Celestial Pool - ARTCollaborations
Cuffed Tail 2 - AprilYSH
DragonLord for Genesis - Bobbie25
Genesis Ranger - Bobbie25
Gia Hair - AprilYSH
Journeyer Scout for Genesis (does this count?) - MAB(?)
Lantios Lights 2 - Lantios
Short Beard for Genesis - Blondie9999
Stefan for M4 and Genesis - Phoenix1966
Tamesis Bundle - surreality

From left to right:
Figure 1 is Genesis with Stefan skin and shape, Cuffed Tail 2, Short Beard for Genesis, and DragonLord for Genesis
Figure 2 is Genesis with Modern Muses: Tamesis skin and shape, Gia Hair, and Genesis Ranger (with Genesis Ranger Textures)
Figure 3 is Genesis/M5 shape with Otherworldly Wonders: Tamesis WildElf skin, Caleb Hair, and Journeyer Scout
Figure 4 is Genesis/V3 shape with Stefan skin, Gia Hair, and Alruna

Lighting is preset #2 from Lantios Lights 2. Postwork done in GIMP. The pinkish liquid is supposed to be pink lemonade, of course—and the color is also supposed to be evocative of magenta/Magento. Hope you like this render. It was a joy to include many of my favorite products in the same image.

Image Attachments
lemonade1f.jpg
 Signature 

Community Volunteer
Join the Custom Character Contest!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 26 June 2012 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

Ha!  I just got that one again when I tried to get the new freebie!  LOL

I’m lovin’ these renders!

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-05-19

Well my newsletters have of late been coming with the images off the screen (no I can’t scroll across.)  So I decided to see if we could help fix that problem.

Daz PA artist images used (whether or not part of this)

Capsces Digital Ink = Chubblies
Mada / Thorneworks = Moon Baby
Neftis = WildMane HairStyle
Neftis = Jael Hair

Everything else comes with Poser or is postwork (from years of playing in Daz Render Remix!)

Image Attachments
chubblies_export1.jpg

2 of 9