Digital Art Zone

17 of 26
I want V4 Products not V5 or V6. Planned Obsolescence Has To Stop.
Posted: 16 July 2013 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 241 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1747
Joined  2008-11-10
Agent_Unawares - 16 July 2013 07:21 PM
RCDeschene - 12 July 2013 01:26 AM

But just exactly how much of male content out there can we really call “man-slutware”.

Wayyyy too much. It bothers me more than the female stuff, because from what I’ve generally seen:

RCDeschene - 12 July 2013 01:26 AM

It’s nowhere near as ego stroking for guys or hormone enticing for women and homosexual men as much as all the female stuff here does for female idealism and hetero male lust.

...this is the case, but for the “slutwear.” So much of it looks like just female stuff converted to a male figure because I guess it’s edgy or something? It doesn’t accentuate the masculine form like the female slutwear accentuates the feminine form. So many sexy female suits out there, so much attention to detail, about nothing like that for the males, when the suit is the quintessential “sexy male” outfit.

Sorry, there’s not that much.

You know how many pairs of underwear for genesis males are in the store? One, and that’s boxers that go with M5. There’s no swimwear either.

Posted: 16 July 2013 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 242 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2878
Joined  2006-07-31

It doesn’t accentuate the masculine form like the female slutwear accentuates the feminine form.

Can you give an example or describe what sort of male skimwear outfit could be accentuating male form and how would it do it, aside of the suit? All I can think of is mankini. Oh, and numerous ‘armor’ sets, like the one in Warrior Outfit or Primordial Fighter.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 16 July 2013 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 243 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4999
Joined  2005-08-03
Kattey - 16 July 2013 07:50 PM

It doesn’t accentuate the masculine form like the female slutwear accentuates the feminine form.

Can you give an example or describe what sort of male skimwear outfit could be accentuating male form and how would it do it, aside of the suit? All I can think of is mankini. Oh, and numerous ‘armor’ sets, like the one in Warrior Outfit or Primordial Fighter.

That’s his point, there isn’t. He’s making a plea for more form fitting clothing for men.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Free Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 16 July 2013 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 244 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
Vaskania - 16 July 2013 08:03 PM

That’s his point, there isn’t. He’s making a plea for more form fitting clothing for men.

Yeah, but lets imagine I wish to make one. What principles would such outfit have to be considered a male skimwear and not just a refit of female one?

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis

Posted: 16 July 2013 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 245 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03
Kattey - 16 July 2013 08:09 PM

Yeah, but lets imagine I wish to make one. What principles would such outfit have to be considered a male skimwear and not just a refit of female one?

For a male I think you’d have to actually pick a morph, say M5 Hero and sculpt around that, so you can get the definition around the abs and pecs and such.

Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG

Posted: 16 July 2013 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 246 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
Vaskania - 16 July 2013 09:41 PM
Kattey - 16 July 2013 08:09 PM

For a male I think you’d have to actually pick a morph, say M5 Hero and sculpt around that, so you can get the definition around the abs and pecs and such.

So male skimwear is clingy and/or made of thin fabric, up to point of showing all muscle definitions?

Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2013 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 247 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03

Think spandex. lol

Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG

Posted: 16 July 2013 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 248 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
Vaskania - 16 July 2013 09:46 PM

Think spandex. lol

Um, ok, spandex is one type/principle. Any other types/principle of male skimwear? For example, female skimwear often goes with high heels, mini-skirt, high-thigh boots/stocking, bare midriff and generous cleavage showing. What are parallel principles for male skimpwear would be?

Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2013 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 249 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03
Kattey - 16 July 2013 09:48 PM

Think spandex. lol

Um, ok, spandex is one type/principle. Any other types/principle of male skimwear? For example, female skimwear often goes with high heels, mini-skirt, high-thigh boots/stocking, bare midriff and generous cleavage showing. What are parallel principles for male skimpwear would be?

It all depends on how skimpy you wanna get. Are we talking fetish zone, or a nice pair of silk boxers.. perhaps some banana hammocks? =P

Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG

Posted: 16 July 2013 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 250 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
Vaskania - 16 July 2013 09:50 PM

Think spandex. lol

It all depends on how skimpy you wanna get. Are we talking fetish zone, or a nice pair of silk boxers.. perhaps some banana hammocks? =P

I don’t know, this is why I’m asking of what constitutes in the eyes of the people here a true male skimwear. Personally for me a bare chest is mostly way too much already, ancient greenskinned, Shakespearean-talking vampires or mysterious undying undead-looking nameless people nevertheless.

Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2013 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 251 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03

You could go with an over the shoulder sling thing. LOL
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-14248636801162_2222_44192868

Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG

Posted: 16 July 2013 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 252 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
Vaskania - 16 July 2013 09:52 PM

You could go with an over the shoulder sling thing. LOL
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-14248636801162_2222_44192868

Isn’t it mankini?

Signature 

Posted: 16 July 2013 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 253 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03

I have no idea what they’re called. I’m not a guy and my hubby wouldn’t dare wear one unless it was a horrible halloween prank.

Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG

Posted: 16 July 2013 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 254 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  219
Joined  2006-06-22

I can say personally, that I’ve made the hard decision against V4 with my newest character coming. As I do mostly Asian characters, eyes and the resultant morphs/expressions can become problematic fast. Apologies for the fast renders below, but it highlights my biggest issue as a content creator, and that is if corrective morphs are required how much work they are to implement. I took a day of searching, and never came up with a very workable answer as far as the effort that goes into it for Victoria 4. I was just about to scrap the project, but decided on doing Genesis only because those limitations are gone. It only took a few mins after the corrective morphs were sculpted to implement and work only when it needed to and automatically apply. The textures were done already so those stayed, but were heavily modified from the V4 versions to fit Genesis in the right places. After this character, I will probably step away from V4 completely as the limitations of the tech are at this point holding me back more than anything else.

It was a hard decision to reach, I’ve supported as wide a group as I possibly can for as long as I can, but the back end of things can burn someone out quick when things need to be hacked and edited multiple times and over multiple files each time. It was bordering on insanity doing V4/Genesis because you need to: Create a custom head morph for V4 and Genesis (usually a morph++ body shape for V4 and then a custom body shape for Genesis), create INJ/REM files for V4 and shape presets for Genesis, textures for V4 then re-adjusting said textures for Genesis (I can’t simply re-use the textures as they are off if left alone in my experience), materials for V4 in both Poser and DAZ Studio (Std and SSS), Materials for Genesis in both Poser and DAZ Studio (Std and SSS), then after all that is done, go through and hand edit files where needed. Now if corrective morphs are called for, as in my newest set, the work becomes too much at that point to me to justify, or, I have to raise prices to try and cover the extra time needed. This may hurt sales, or flop entirely.

Sorry for the long post, but just trying to explain decisions from a content creation standpoint as far as my experience goes. The renders below are of the eye closed, the top is Genesis with the corrected morph and the bottom is V4.

Image Attachments
kateye.jpgV4.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz Store
Deviant Art

Posted: 16 July 2013 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 255 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1784
Joined  2010-02-14
Kattey - 16 July 2013 09:51 PM
Vaskania - 16 July 2013 09:50 PM

Think spandex. lol

I don’t know, this is why I’m asking of what constitutes in the eyes of the people here a true male skimwear. Personally for me a bare chest is mostly way too much already, ancient greenskinned, Shakespearean-talking vampires or mysterious undying undead-looking nameless people nevertheless.

You guys starting to get the idea. Indeed, a big attraction for guys is muscle shirts and activeware. And yes, there are other principals as well. Like I said before, the David 5 Bundle is a good example of hunkware. Men’s Night Life shows the principal that brings out the “bare chest” principal more. It’s modern, it’s seductive and according to PA’s it sold well in the D5 Pro Bundle. Hiro 5 actually has some nice items as well. The way Octavis and Night Out Suit are portrayed Here is actually what sold me instantly on the Pro Bundle.

Also, judging by your usernames, you two are ladies yourselves. Shouldn’t you know what you like on a hot guy (assuming you’re both hetero, of course)? ; )

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

17 of 26