Digital Art Zone

5 of 5
Now Available:  SPEX for Genesis [Commercial]
Posted: 21 July 2013 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Knocks on Screen (Tap Tap TAP, or Tong Tong TONG, depending on your monitor type), would one of you kind folks tell me why I have not bought this set yet? Am I stupid or just totally out of my mind? Scratches head and wonders off to the store...
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 21 July 2013 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1439
Joined  2005-03-16
Jaderail - 21 July 2013 05:20 PM
Knocks on Screen (Tap Tap TAP, or Tong Tong TONG, depending on your monitor type), would one of you kind folks tell me why I have not bought this set yet? Am I stupid or just totally out of my mind? Scratches head and wonders off to the store...

Nah, neither adjective applies. You are just too busy helping the rest of us get through our troubles. smile
 Signature 

My DAZ Store Page  UVSetterGen2  Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 21 July 2013 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2552
Joined  2007-12-07
Jaderail - 21 July 2013 05:20 PM

You've been too busy Bald Wizardering? wink
 Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 21 July 2013 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-07
A quick use of SPEX2 ... I manager to miss seeing (I need specs ...!) the MAG +/- materials so I did the refraction manually wink
Image Attachments
Gia4.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 21 July 2013 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
SimonJM - 21 July 2013 05:51 PM
A quick use of SPEX2 ... I manager to miss seeing (I need specs ...!) the MAG +/- materials so I did the refraction manually wink

That's funny, Simon! The render, however, is gorgeous. The red on the face is makeup, right? Hopefully not caused by SPEX.
 Signature 

My DAZ Store Page  UVSetterGen2  Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 21 July 2013 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2010-11-26
Really enjoying the the Spex...and thanks for including shaders that can be used on anything.

Posted: 22 July 2013 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  755
Joined  2010-12-10
Just wanted to create something not in the presets, but using the morphs to produce a different shape.

Look you only had the glasses on loan, it's time to give em back. tongue wink
Image Attachments
carina-13-mod3d3.jpg
 Signature 

My Gallery at Daz 3D
My Forum Thread

Posted: 22 July 2013 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
none01ohone - 22 July 2013 04:05 AM
Just wanted to create something not in the presets, but using the morphs to produce a different shape.

Look you only had the glasses on loan, it's time to give em back. tongue wink

I'm glad you did that. I had someone PM me and ask me why I bothered to make the glasses morph. Why did I not just make 15 sets of glasses. He felt that it was gimmicky and that there would be no reason to partially morph the different shapes and come up with something in between. I, of course, do not agree. Morphing allows possibilities you can't get with static glasses. What about people who look better with a smaller frame? Or larger? Or maybe the Tea Shades would look cool if they were heart shaped? Etc., etc., etc.
 Signature 

Posted: 22 July 2013 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  662
Joined  2012-02-06
Have been luring and SPEX went straight into the cart when they came out cheese

Have several characters who can use them raspberry
 Signature 

LuxCompagno at deviantart

Posted: 22 July 2013 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-07
Slosh - 21 July 2013 07:43 PM
SimonJM - 21 July 2013 05:51 PM

That's funny, Simon! The render, however, is gorgeous. The red on the face is makeup, right? Hopefully not caused by SPEX.

Yup, that red is makeup, so panic ye not! smile
 Signature 

Posted: 22 July 2013 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2012-04-12
Yes! These are awesome. I was looking everywhere for a specific pair of glasses for one of my characters. I'm so happy that I managed to make a close match with SPEX.

I used the shaders for her shirt as well. Very versatile.
Image Attachments
Monas_Glasses.png
 Signature 

I’m usually on deviantART or Tumblr.
Find my renders at here, there and at DAZ.

Soy de otras tierras.

Posted: 22 July 2013 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
MimicMolly - 22 July 2013 06:01 PM
Yes! These are awesome. I was looking everywhere for a specific pair of glasses for one of my characters. I'm so happy that I managed to make a close match with SPEX.

How cool is that? I like the style. Maybe they might show up in an update or a future incarnation of SPEX (??) I went with shaders for the frames texturing because A. Everyone finds other uses for shaders, and B. it's nice to be able to adjust the tiling of shaders, so your stars can be big, or they can be small, etc.
 Signature 

Posted: 22 July 2013 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2012-04-12
Slosh - 22 July 2013 06:26 PM

How cool is that? I like the style. Maybe they might show up in an update or a future incarnation of SPEX (??) I went with shaders for the frames texturing because A. Everyone finds other uses for shaders, and B. it's nice to be able to adjust the tiling of shaders, so your stars can be big, or they can be small, etc.

I should've mentioned previously that her glasses use the "Giraffe" shader with a purple diffuse and the upper part of the frames are invisible. I think her shirt was Tiger 2 with pink diffuse. I still need to tweak the glasses some more, but I'm happy with what I've managed to make in an hour. I might as well post a screenshot of my current settings in case people want to recreate a similar one. I also gotta go make new random ones just because.
[ Edited: 22 July 2013 07:24 PM by MimicMolly ]
Image Attachments
Monas_Glasses_Settings.jpg
 Signature 

I’m usually on deviantART or Tumblr.
Find my renders at here, there and at DAZ.

Soy de otras tierras.

Posted: 22 July 2013 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
MimicMolly - 22 July 2013 07:19 PM
Slosh - 22 July 2013 06:26 PM

I should've mentioned previously that her glasses use the "Giraffe" shader with a purple diffuse and the upper part of the frames are invisible. I think her shirt was Tiger 2 with pink diffuse. I still need to tweak the glasses some more, but I'm happy with what I've managed to make in an hour. I might as well post a screenshot of my current settings in case people want to recreate a similar one. I also gotta go make new random ones just because.

(chuckles to himself) It's so weird to see a screenshot of my product. Being familiar with them as I am, I noticed right away the giraffe and tiger (though I thought it was zebra). Let me know if you have any questions.
 Signature 

Posted: 23 July 2013 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  267
Joined  2011-08-02
thanks Slosh !!

I dreamt of it, Slosh did it!

What's next wink
 Signature 

5 of 5