Digital Art Zone

1 of 5
Now Available:  SPEX for Genesis [Commercial]
Posted: 03 July 2013 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1472
Joined  2005-03-16
SPEX for Genesis is a pair of conforming, morphing glasses for Genesis. SPEX fits 37 characters in the Genesis gene pool, including generations 3, 4 and 5 Michael, Victoria, Aiko, Hiro, Freak, Stephanie, David (3 and 5 only), The Girl 4, and the Young Teens Julie and Justin, Genesis Basic Male, Female, and Child, Troll for Genesis, Sadie and Sam, Mavka, Jason and Jasmin, Chibi Boy and Chibi Girl, Hitomi, and Satsuki. Also supported are Genesis Evolution Head Morphs and Expressions, Manly Men, Bruisers Thugs and Tough Guys, Aaron and Andrea, Genesis Ethnicity Morphs, Azumi, Dryden, Takeo, Benjamin, James, Candace, Riley, Emilie and Edward Odd, Dean, Sean, Gunner, and Neo, as well as all head morphs that came with each of the above listed characters. I think that's all of them. And if your favorite morph is not on the list, SPEX comes with a second pair of morphing glasses with the same functionality as original SPEX without the character morphs built in. Simply select your figure's head and the glasses are smart-propped. This includes the new Genesis 2 Female and the original DAZ characters, such as Victoria 4, Aiko 3, David, and any other monster or alien in your arsenal.

So, what else do SPEX do? SPEX and SPEX2, the smart prop version, both come loaded with morphs to change the shape and style of your glasses, including 12 dial-spun shapes, 5 arm styles, and 12 morphs to change the dimensions of your frames. Special posing morphs allow adjustments to make that perfect fit.

There are 14 included style presets for quick loading of color and frame style, as well as 48 material presets, 44 matching shader presets, and 25 lens settings presets for color, tint, and magnification. Mix and match styles, frames, and lenses to get the glasses you want for that perfect look.

The first set of attached renders are straight from DAZ Studio 4.6 with no postwork, except the last 3 for compositing only. No adjustments to contrast, color or anything else.

[ Edited: 20 July 2013 12:17 AM by Slosh ]
Image Attachments
Main.jpgpopup_1.jpgpopup_2.jpgpopup_4.jpgpopup_5.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ Store Page  UVSetterGen2  Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 03 July 2013 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
This next set of renders, also untouched, shows the glasses on a few more characters. The first is Aiko 3 and Hiro 3, the next one is The Girl 4 with Freak 5 and the Dum-Dum head morph by Joe Quick, the next one is Hitomi and Mavka, then Sadie and Sam, and finally Genesis 2 Female and Taiga. The last pic has G2F and Taiga wearing SPEX2, since I only got Taiga this morning. Their morphs are not included at this time, although I will try to update new characters as I get them.

I will post one more list of pics that mainly contain test renders I did while making the glasses.
[ Edited: 03 July 2013 06:13 AM by Slosh ]
Image Attachments
A3H3.jpgG4F5.jpgHitomiMavka.jpgSadieSam.jpgGF2Taiga.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ Store Page  UVSetterGen2  Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 03 July 2013 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
These final pics are test renders, so the lighting may not be the best. But first, is a store display type setup of the 14 included preset styles.
Image Attachments
popup_3.jpgChibi_Boy.jpgChibi_Girl.jpgSlim_Frames.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2013 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2196
Joined  2011-11-16
Looks interesting. I hope it does well for you Slosh :)
 Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 03 July 2013 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8348
Joined  2009-05-14
Very cool Slosh good lucj with your first PA product.

Will you supply the stands too....please.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 03 July 2013 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  764
Joined  2011-06-14
This looks nice!!!
I'm curious and I have a one question :
for Generation 4, are there morphs that will allow us to adjust the glasses to different M4 or V4 head morphs?
 Signature 

During the year of abundance, the grass was so high that the cows had to jump to graze on.
kadix - V3Digitimes
My Store at DAZ : http://www.daz3d.com/v3digitimes
My Deviant Gallery : http://rankerx.deviantart.com/

Posted: 03 July 2013 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
Szark - 03 July 2013 09:01 AM
Very cool Slosh good lucj with your first PA product.

Will you supply the stands too....please.

I hadn't thought about that, but I don't see why not. I'll put them on ShareCG after release. You might have to remind me.
 Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2013 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8348
Joined  2009-05-14
Cheers Slosh and yes I will remind you. LOL
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 03 July 2013 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-03-16
Kadix - 03 July 2013 09:05 AM
This looks nice!!!
I'm curious and I have a one question :
for Generation 4, are there morphs that will allow us to adjust the glasses to different M4 or V4 head morphs?

Are you talking about Genesis with M4 and V4 morphs through GenX? If so, the answer is SPEX2 will work fine for that. There are simply too many morphs to have incorporated them into SPEX. M4 and V4 shapes for Genesis work with SPEX, even combined with other characters, but any Morph++ type morphs need to use SPEX2, which is included, of course.

Oh, let me add that if you we're not talking about M4 and V4 for Genesis, but just the good old fashioned Gen4 versions of them, then yes, use SPEX2 and you can use any morphs you have, they will not hurt the glasses.
[ Edited: 03 July 2013 09:23 AM by Slosh ]
 Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2013 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2618
Joined  2007-12-07
Looking good! smile
 Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 03 July 2013 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2009-11-30
Very cool! Looking forward to picking them up when they're released.
 Signature 

——-
Terry
DAZ gallery | deviantART

Posted: 03 July 2013 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4999
Joined  2005-08-03
These look wonderful!

(daz forums min char count is too high)
 Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Free Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 03 July 2013 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3103
Joined  2009-02-24
Nice promo renders Slosh. These SPEX can be very flexible indeed, there are literally dozens of combinations you can create with the morphs supplied. Here's a render I did recently with a dial-spun character and conforming SPEX.
Image Attachments
SPEX.png
 Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 03 July 2013 01:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1928
Joined  2010-10-10
Nice lot of renders.

Good Luck with Daz Slosh.
 Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 03 July 2013 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1808
Joined  2012-04-14
Wow, great renders. I'll have to pick this up.

Posted: 03 July 2013 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2750
Joined  2003-12-06
Interesting. Is there any way to use the chibi style on a normal head to get the Elton John effect?
 Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

1 of 5