2 of 2
A Review Of Genesis 2 Female & Victoria 6
Posted: 09 July 2013 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2009-01-09
RCDeschene - 07 July 2013 06:17 PM

Are you sure? Because all four hairs share the same exact array of textures from what I’m seeing (except for Nightlife, seeing as how it turns out I actually don’t have it yet). But you can really see the design similarities between all of them, especially with Catwalk and Charm.

Just because they have the same color array doesn’t mean they have the same textures. After all, most of the more recent DAZ Original hairs offered through Platinum Club (Philly, Elements, Tears, Love Me, Swim Cap, Minnie Bow, a few others I can’t think of) have the same color array, and don’t seem to be particularly interchangeable.

And yes, I do have all of those, and after I read what you wrote, I tried the textures back and forth.  PH Charming’s and PH Catwalk’s textures leave big blank strips on Charm where the textures don’t have the same material zones, and vice versa. Nightlife and Fashion are sorta kinda interchangeable, but turn into different hairs when you do that. (Not necessarily a bad thing, although I think using Fashion textures on Nightlife doesn’t work at all—I’m not at that computer and can’t test it right now.) I didn’t test every single one of them, although I did do a few more, and most of them just didn’t work at all. There’s a fair amount of similarity, yes, but they really are different.

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 16 July 2013 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

Aren’t you comparing the V6 character to a base figure, rather than base figure to base figure?

Barubary - 09 July 2013 10:43 AM

Well, well, after seeing the first ‘promo’ pictures of a certain other figure to be released soon, I must admit that V6 looks rather good in comparison. If she had better bending arms and if it wasn’t for that weird bug with her surface names I might be all over V6.

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 16 July 2013 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1609
Joined  2008-11-10
Satira Capriccio - 16 July 2013 12:01 PM

Aren’t you comparing the V6 character to a base figure, rather than base figure to base figure?

Well, well, after seeing the first ‘promo’ pictures of a certain other figure to be released soon, I must admit that V6 looks rather good in comparison. If she had better bending arms and if it wasn’t for that weird bug with her surface names I might be all over V6.

Well in Genesis, V6 is a base figure as characters can be based from it. Keep in mind Genesis is system for character creation, not a figure within itself.

Posted: 16 July 2013 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

The Genesis 2 Female base has no ability to morph like the Genesis base did?  Or does one need to purchase Victoria 6 to be able to morph the Genesis 2 Female into something other than the default shape?

OMG!  Will DAZ please get this forum software fixed or replaced.  How many times do I have to get sent to my account page before submit actually works.  Between that, the no posts found when attempting to advance to the next page of results, and getting logged out while attempting to advance to the next page of results, it takes entirely too much time to read the forums.

Male-M3dia - 16 July 2013 12:47 PM

Well in Genesis, V6 is a base figure as characters can be based from it. Keep in mind Genesis is system for character creation, not a figure within itself.

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 16 July 2013 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1609
Joined  2008-11-10
Satira Capriccio - 16 July 2013 05:39 PM

The Genesis 2 Female base has no ability to morph like the Genesis base did?  Or does one need to purchase Victoria 6 to be able to morph the Genesis 2 Female into something other than the default shape?

OMG!  Will DAZ please get this forum software fixed or replaced.  How many times do I have to get sent to my account page before submit actually works.  Between that, the no posts found when attempting to advance to the next page of results, and getting logged out while attempting to advance to the next page of results, it takes entirely too much time to read the forums.

Male-M3dia - 16 July 2013 12:47 PM

The Genesis 2 female is able to morph into something else just like the base Genesis.

Posted: 16 July 2013 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11

Yes, Gene-02F does morph just fine in a man or beast as well as various feminine shapes, no problem!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 17 July 2013 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2005-12-12

I did, you’re right.

Still, from what I can tell Dawn does come with her own distinct feminine shape and I haven’t seen many Dawn-based characters. If there are and if they look as different from the base shape as V6 does from Gen2F (probably the worst name for a base character ever btw.), then I may well change my opinion. Also, while Gen2F might be the base shape, V6 herself does serve as a base shape as well. (since ther are several characters ‘based’ on her), so the comparison doesn’t seem completely uncalled for (to me anyway).

For now, I am asking the same question regarding Dawn that I did regarding Genesis (and to some lesser extent V6): what does this figure do, that V4 (OK granted: a Xameva/meipe-fixed V4) doesn’t do already?

2 of 2